Search results

1. NorCalSansui

Sansui 3300 Right Speaker Issue

Bump... Also, a development is that the speaker issue goes away when on fm or am. However, when I transition to either phono or aux from the radio it usually hangs in for about a minute before going back out. I replaced some transistors on the phono board a while back so I'm thinking it may be a...
  2. NorCalSansui

Sansui 3300 Right Speaker Issue

Happy New Year everyone. Last time I came on here with a question I came out with a fixed receiver and I'm hoping I'll be lucky for a second time. I have a Sansui 3300 which has stopped emitting noise out of the right speaker. Some days it comes on right away and others I have to turn it on &...
  3. NorCalSansui

Sansui 3300: Overwhelming Crackling/Popping

Ok so I'm back with good news. I did some tweaking and retraced my steps and I successfully repaired the receiver. Boiled down to a couple rookie mistakes. Thanks again slimecity and larryderouin it was in fact the transistors.
  4. NorCalSansui

Well, this sucks.. After playing a few records Sunday, Monday and Tuesday with flawless sound I put on a new record today and bam the popping is back . It is strictly out of the right speaker and fluctuates a bit more than originally, but it is without a doubt the same crackling/popping noise...
  5. NorCalSansui

Switched out the transistors and presto it is sounding great! Can't thank you guys enough for the expert advice! As promised heres a picture of the inside.
  6. NorCalSansui

Ok wow, you guys are great! Things got busy so I plan on working on the receiver this weekend. I'll plan on posting pictures of the inside for anyone interested. Thanks again
  7. NorCalSansui

Thanks for the advice! I will pop it open tomorrow and take a look for those transistors. Will return to let you know what I find. Thanks again!
  8. NorCalSansui

Hello all, I have a Sansui 3300 that makes a horribly loud (bassy) crackling noise when in Phono 1 or 2. It sounds great for about 15-20 minutes of having it on then the random crackling and popping begins. It is about 90% out of the left speaker and the noise corresponds with adjusting the...
  9. IMG_1794

IMG_1794

The unit in question.
Back
Top Bottom