Search results

1. pvdubber

Anyone in Reno, NV or Norcal?

Auburn, and yes a meet-up music / sharing even should be discussed.
  2. pvdubber

Quite The Performance

It was you thread that give the idea to get the PLX-1000, funny but I did not realize that you had the MP-110.
  3. pvdubber

Quite The Performance

Funny stuff, If you ask me you know what I would say the 110 is a real contender.
  4. pvdubber

Quite The Performance

You nailed it, for the price of this thing it has me wondering about there higher end carts, but I know that is just a rabbit hole, and I like my money far too much to take that journey.:)
  5. pvdubber

Quite The Performance

Very interesting I am not as knowledgeable as most when it comes to this kind of thing, but I would love to hear a Grado as it seems to get really great reviews. One thing is for sure I am very happy with the purchase of this cartridge.
  6. pvdubber

Pics of your listening space

Small changes during my organization process.
  7. pvdubber

Pics of your listening space

Very nice cube-tube
  8. pvdubber

What's the best live bootleg in your collection?

No live boots
  9. pvdubber

Quite The Performance

I am like my kid at Toys R Us right now. Just ridiculous with excitement.
  10. pvdubber

What's the best live bootleg in your collection?

I have none, but wish for some that is for sure.
  11. pvdubber

Quite The Performance

I was recently in the market for a new turntable to compliment the one I use as my goto (Goldring Gr 1.2 with the Electra cart). I needed something to switch speeds without having to removing the plater. So I bought the pioneer PLX-1000 and needed a cart for it, because I fully intended to keep...
  12. pvdubber

Cartridge for a Pioneer PL-518?

What may sound good to me may sound terrible to you, that being said I bought a pair of lightly used KEF Q-100's in your price range that completely changed my mind about bookshelf speakers. I would say listen to as many as you can in your price range and go with what sounds best to you. The Q's...
  13. pvdubber

Audio Setup Advice

I was think the same thing but had to ask. This is the first time I am setting up this table my other table is a Goldring Gr 1.2 which is a completely different animal.
  14. pvdubber

Audio Setup Advice

It does thanks. Thank you
  15. pvdubber

Audio Setup Advice

I recently purchased the Pioneer PLX-1000 to fulfill a need. In trying to set it up I noticed that it requires a 54mm overhang from the back of the head shell to the stylus tip. Coincidentally I purchased a Nagaoka MP-110h to use with this table, but the cartridge literature suggests between...
  16. pvdubber

Added a paradigm sub

Nothing wrong with a little low end boost.
  17. pvdubber

A lateral move, or a reasonable change?

T Thank you for the info and all the time you put in to helping me figure this out. I will certainly try to find a more suitable replacement that will allow me the ability to switch speeds with out having to remove the the platter and not compromise sound quality.
  18. pvdubber

Well my fear was this was not going to be an upgrade at this price point, so I guess I will have to look in to other options or perhaps spend a bit more cash.
  19. pvdubber

If I am understanding you correctly the tone arm on my Goldring is superior to that of the Pro-Ject, so I would actually take a hit in sound quality without a cartridge upgrade on the Pro-Ject beyond the 2m Red.
  20. pvdubber

That was kind of my thinking that the Ortofon would give me a little more detail or at least I hope. In addition I would get the benefit of a heavier plinth, more convenient way to switch speeds and attractive table at the same time.
  21. pvdubber

Thanks good to know, should I end up keeping this old work horse.
  22. pvdubber

I am very happy with the sound quality I am currently experiencing with my turntable. I however would like to upgrade to a turntable that would allow me to change speeds without having to remove the platter. I often times have listening parties and a lot of my friends and myself have quite a few...
  23. pvdubber

Nor Cal Audiokarma Summit?

Is the consensus that it needs to be north of the Bay Area, or around the Bay Area? If we could commit to a location this should be relatively easy beyond that.
  24. pvdubber

Nor Cal Audiokarma Summit?

I am still very interested. I just wish we had more that were, so we could plan, even it was more central or northern depending on where most are located.
  25. pvdubber

Hello from North California

We are neighbors I am in Auburn
Back
Top Bottom