Search results

1. DolphnSmooth

Genesis 3+ Speakers worth?

EDIT: Need I mention the bass on those 10" woofers?
  2. DolphnSmooth

Genesis 3+ Speakers worth?

Run! Don't Walk! I agree, ask about the replacement mids, and offer $200. I bought either a pair of 3's or 3+'s (hard to tell difference without the box) about 4 years ago in highschool for $100 and these speakers will never leave my possession. The tweeters are very renowned, and the...
  3. DolphnSmooth

New to Mcintosh - Free Ma 6200 Problems

I'm resurrecting this thread for advice, ready to take a stab at this amp, making sure that the replacements I've found on Digikey would make for suitable replacements for Capacitors 203 and 204, and diodes 201 and 202 in the power supply diagram in the reply above. I haven't ordered equivalent...
  4. DolphnSmooth

Vintage Corner Horn - JBL/Klipsch?

I've recently run across an advertisement on one of the classifieds sites for a pair of corner speakers, which I believe to be horns. They are built similar to Klipsch or JBL, like the JBL c31/34. At $60, would you think that something like this might be worth the drive?
  5. DolphnSmooth

Genesis 3+ speakers, 2 pairs, Endicott NY

I would like to have one of the pairs, as I do have the model 3 (sans +), and would like to compare the two models, as well as have a back up, just in case. Do you have any need for a more than one pair?
  6. DolphnSmooth

Lancaster Pennsylvania
  7. DolphnSmooth

If these are still available come Tuesday, I may very well make the trip up to grab all of them, schedule permitting.
  8. DolphnSmooth

Genesis Physics Model 3 - Wilmington Delaware

I do remember seeing a pair south of Rochester go for $200 last year, and I picked a pair myself for $100 in Philly in 2016. Still have them as my main set-up pair right now, and I know that others have been looking too. I'll bet waiting this pair out might bring a discount to anyone patient...
  9. DolphnSmooth

Pioneer SX 1250 - Worth?

I ended up finding my 1250 being sold and advertised as a "Pioneer Tuner" and with blown left channel. Found it on LetGo, sold by the nephew if the original owner. Sure, it's not in perfect shape, but at $50 and a De-Oxit bath, I've been using it with no problems for about half a year. I do...
  10. DolphnSmooth

They really are a fantastic speaker, and I do own a pair of the 3s myself. Just haven't had the chance to really let them shine, as they're still stock and set up as near field speakers at the moment. I do hope that someone here can snatch them up, as I know several people have been after this...
  11. DolphnSmooth

No affiliation. https://delaware.craigslist.org/ele/d/genesis-physics-3-speakers/6475833023.html I've just ran across these Genesis Physics Model 3 on Craigslist, listed in Wilmington Delaware. For any of you Genesis fans, these are definitely not something you'll want to miss. I know I've seen...
  12. DolphnSmooth

Model 800b Restoration

Yeah, I'm looking forward to dropping in all the can replacements. Even though I messed up and installed the Metal Bone Individual Bias Caps instead of the Hayseed cap, I'm enjoying the challenge of the wiring. I should probably be finished with the Hayseed Caps and Power Supply by tomorrow...
  13. DolphnSmooth

Model 800b Restoration

Thanks for the quick explanation. Is this why you can test each section starting with the power section, to isolate and determine problems? I'll explore making a DBT tomorrow after work, and the day thereafter I can amend my power section, and install the Hayseed Can Caps. I fudged and...
  14. DolphnSmooth

Model 800b Restoration

Thanks for the tip Larry, I was was just looking at the power supply and was curious when it was I should go about doing HH cans. I will make sure to build a DBT set-up and understand how it functions for the tests before moving to any section after the power supply.
  15. DolphnSmooth

Model 800b Restoration

Since last posting about my 800b, I've gathered a decent soldering iron, supplies, and the Metal Bonne restoration kit, in addition to Hayseed Hamfest's can capacitors. Now I've got the free time to start as well, after putting it off for some time. I had thus far cleaned the chassis...
  16. DolphnSmooth

Erie PA tubes, receiver, integrated amp

I also want to mention that KiM3Ce has been kill It seems someone else may have got to the equipment first, but I'm looking at the tubes right now
  17. DolphnSmooth

Erie PA tubes, receiver, integrated amp

This looks promising, in fact I'll go check it out after I get out of work at 3. I will report back
  18. DolphnSmooth

Help Me Find Technics 1200 350mA Fuse

Yeah, I've had the smaller 5x20 mm fuses of the same rating, and although they don't fit quite right, they've all blown as well. I wouldn't know what to look for, though there is only the power plug, transformer, capacitor, and a resistor in the midst of it.
  19. DolphnSmooth

Here is the board and fuse holder in question.
  20. DolphnSmooth

So I'm currently just finishing up a pair of 1200s for sale, when I noticed one of the two wouldn't turn on. Looking at the power supply board, the fuse in the holder there was blown. It has a value of 250v at 350mA at about 6x32mm size, a part number of xba2f03nu100 in this manual here...
  21. DolphnSmooth

New to Fisher - 800B To Be Restored

I do in fact get near Youngstown whenever I head home from College. I'll likely be coming that way mid December at the end of this semester.
  22. DolphnSmooth

Thanks for the tip Larry, I notice the difference between the two kits, but didn't understand what it meant. At the moment, biasing is beyond me, and I would have to read up on other threads to even understand what it means. Currently then, the goal is the second kit from Hayseed with the...
  23. DolphnSmooth

Best Way to Package 1200mk2 for Shipping?

Alright, so I've got a pair of custom modified Technics 1200mk2 that I'm considering putting on the bay. However, I've almost no idea how to package something like this without it getting damaged in shipping, save for using the original packaging, which I don't have. The best I've come up with...
  24. DolphnSmooth

I've got access to a scanner, though I'd have to make time to figure out how to use it too! I'll make sure to get to uploading those documents as well.
  25. DolphnSmooth

Correct, I am in Erie. I have seen you around and have come across your equipped posts on BT and Craigslist before, but have never had the chance to say hello. Hello! I'd have to send @rudedogg a message then, and see for myself if he, or anyone else around here for that matter, would provide...
Back
Top Bottom