Search results

1. klipschbro

SME 3009 II NON Improved Detachable Headshell - MM Recommendations

My Marantz 1060 Phono Input Sensitivity (Low): 1.8 mV to equal 1 Volt output at pre-amp out My HK A401 2.5mV - 3mV Looks like I need a SUT or another phono stage to run the DL-110
  2. klipschbro

Thank you for clarifying the math and that Denon measures at 100hz. I do not have an MC input or SUT. Is the 1.6mV output high enough for a MM input?
  3. klipschbro

I was originally looking at the DL-110 Weight: 4.8 g Compliance: 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne 6 grams for headshell + 4.8 = 10.8 grams Puts me in the yellow / orange on Cartridge Resonance Evaluator
  4. klipschbro

Thank you for the tip. Any experience with Garrard 401?
  5. klipschbro

Looks nice! Did not check out Grado's offerings. Looks like the Opus would work too? https://4ourears.com/collections/timbre-cartridges/products/opus3?fromgrado=yes
  6. klipschbro

Any other suggestions or experience with these cartridges on a SME 3009 ii non improved with detachable headshell? Goldring 1042 https://www.goldring.co.uk/goldring-1042-cartridge.html#tab2 Sumiko Blue Point...
  7. klipschbro

What are my current MM or HOMC options for SME 3009 II NON Improved Detachable Headshell under $600usd? 12.5g effective mass https://www.vinylengine.com/cartridge_resonance_evaluator.php?eff_mass=12.5&submit=Submit
  8. klipschbro

Thorens E50 Motor rebuild questions

I think I figured my issue out. I redid the top bushing housing with new rivets as they were a bit loose. Table is holding speed better.
  9. klipschbro

How tight should they be? Am I just using my thumb and index finger? Thumb, index and middle?
  10. klipschbro

You get 1740 RPM with the belt and pulley? I just rebuilt mine and am having a tough time getting it aligned. It is currently running 1680 rpm with belt and 1740 rpm without the belt. These are the same speeds prior to rebuild. However, it fluctuates on my meter 1737-1742 rpm. Do I have further...
  11. klipschbro

I was getting chatter from my TD-124's stepped pulley

Teflon tape did work. I had to sort of make a o-ring out of it in the middle of the screw in addition to using it normally on the threads.
  12. klipschbro

It leaked again. Teflon tape was recommended. I will be trying this.
  13. klipschbro

The gasket on the screw in mine was compressed, leaking, causing the stepped pulley to run dry and cause noise. I picked the gasket with a small screwdriver to reshape it, no more leaking and no more noise. Playing with the motor pulley height further queted things down.
  14. klipschbro

Low Frequency Hum / Oscillation on Marantz 2230 Tape Out

I left it completely stock for now.
  15. klipschbro

Voltage, idle and clipping set. Will set the phono adjustment tomorrow.
  16. klipschbro

I installed a stock phono board and my issue has been resolved.
  17. klipschbro

Amplifier testing: adapters and cables

Can I split the wave gen and use a bnc cable directly to a channel on the scope? Would this be 1x?
  18. klipschbro

I found this interesting in the service manual. Ill take a look R708 and R709 as well. Needs adjustment after replacement of the 2 transistors at H705 and H706?
  19. klipschbro

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-2270-phono-problem.699090/ No confirmation that the 47ohm resistor fixes the issue. I'll try the board swap first as the replacement has all the original transistors.
  20. klipschbro

I ordered a stock original untouched P700 phono board. Going to drop that in to see if it solves my issue. One takeaway is to keep the old parts around until the restoration is complete.
  21. klipschbro

Thanks Tom. This seems to be a 'motorboating' when the tape out is terminated and phono is selected. The phono section sounds clean to me otherwise.
  22. klipschbro

Lets hit the rest button. Here are these requested readings. Noise at speaker terminal when tape out is terminated and phono selected (only tested L channel) Noise at pre out when tape out is terminated and phono selected (only tested L channel) Noise at j704 j705 when tape out is...
  23. klipschbro

I found this video that shows the process It is a RCA to BNC adapter and a BNC T with a direct connection to the wave gen.
  24. klipschbro

Is there an easy way to probe the input side of the amp if there are RCAs terminated to a wave gen? This is for the Frequency response analyzer function on a Keysight DSOX1202G.
  25. klipschbro

At speaker output with phono selected and turntable terminated. Headphones produce noise.
Back
Top Bottom