Search results

1. B

EverSolo DMP A-8

Have had one for 4 months now , love it bk
  2. B

B&K EX-442 advice please ...

Quick update if anyone is interested… I had the amp looked at and all was well , all they did was adjust the offset and bias a little bit - this was in spring of 2017 . been working flawlessly ever since , daily use , all day long , during the warmer months driving the patio system. thanks...
  3. B

Common ground amp?

100% the B&K is … I’ve been using one on a pair of Polk SDA 1C’s for the last 32 years … bk
  4. B

New Bluesound Node vs Cambridge Audio Day Magic 200

Great decision ! Bk
  5. B

Parasound New Classic 2125 v2 vs. New Classic 2250 v2

Call them .... They always answer the phone and are extremely helpful ... that being said ... 2250 is the way to go .... Twice the power .... More clean power is always better ...without a doubt..... Less chance of blowing your speakers with distorted volume. I’d rather drive 50 watt speakers...
  6. B

Cambridge Audio 851N versus Marantz ND8006

I would bet the 851 blows the Marantz away in sound quality .... I tend to view the Marantz as more of a “toy” than a piece of serious audio gear - it tries to do too much , CD player , streamer etc .... the Cambridge app isn’t the greatest, but it works just fine .... they recently released a...
  7. B

Cambridge Audio 851N versus Marantz ND8006

851 n.... I’ve had one for about a year now and it is fantastic.... It’s fully balanced ... the stereo separation is unbelievably good ... you should see the giant toroidal power supply inside it .... it would be hard to beat unless you’re willing to spend 2-3 times more ... Read some reviews...
  8. B

New Cambridge Addition

I own one ... 2 thumbs up ! Bk
  9. B

Your Greatest Audio Find (Garage Sale, Craigslist, etc.)?

Craigslist ... last year A 1 1/2 year old parasound A21 amp , $1300 .... Bk
  10. B

Cambridge audio usb to 12v trigger

You’ll have to play around with the wires on the mono jack to figure out which one is ground and power ..... It’ll work just fine on the CXN .... bk
  11. B

Oh , btw .... It works on the back USB port on my Cambridge 851n ... May work on the front one , didn’t try it .... Should work on any powered USB port that is only powered when unit is turned on .... Bk
  12. B

Hope this helps ... I posted this on another forum after I figured it out ..... Cut the end off a USB cable , stripped the sheath off .... The green and white are data , the red and black are power , black being ground. Spliced the usb power wires to a mono 3.5mm jack cable and presto , 851 now...
  13. B

Speaker Recommendations - Wifey likes pretty things!

Salk .... Bk
  14. B

How Many Amplifiers do you have?

Parasound a21 B&K ex-442 PS Audio S-300 DAYENS Ampino Onkyo TX rz610 Onkyo tx nr609 Yamaha R9 Bk
  15. B

What are some of the nicest pairs of speakers you own?

Salk Supercharged Songtowers .... Bk
  16. B

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Yes they do .... I’m using it .. Bk
  17. B

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Tidal sound WAAAAAAAY better ...... Night and day difference .. bk
  18. B

WiiM WiFi Streamer

I believe Spotify connect only works with premium .... bk
  19. B

Trigger wire workaround?

Xantech AC1 will do the trick I have a Yamaha wxc-50’s 12v trigger plugged into it , and my B&K ex-442 plugged into the Xantech .... Works perfectly. Pricey , but can be found on eBay for 20-50 bucks..... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=xantech+ac1&_sacat=0...
  20. B

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Yeah , the only thing I’ll use the KEiiD for is tidal ..... The mconnect app is superior , in my opinion , to any of the other apps I’ve seen mentioned in this thread ...... mconnect is FAR superior to the Cambridge app on the 851n as well .... The Cambridge app , frankly , SUCKS . I have the...
  21. B

WiiM WiFi Streamer

Running it directly into the Ampino and the 1c’s now ..... Verdict - it does what it’s supposed to do . WiFi connection , streaming tidal natively via its app ... Sounds pretty damn good for 60 bucks ... Not as good as the wxc-50 into the Ampino .. depth , soundstage , separation and imaging...
  22. B

WiiM WiFi Streamer

After reading this thread , ordered one from amazon for $63 the other day ..... Curiosity got the better of me .... I have a few rigs I’m gonna try it on ... Yamaha wxc-50 feeding SIRIUSXM via coax - bypassing the yammys dac -into a Cambridge 851n ( used as a preamp and tidal hifi streaming )...
  23. B

Yamaha WXC-50 question

Tidal is much better than Spotify .... Bk
  24. B

Yamaha WXC-50 question

Your best option is is to use Mconnect app ( free or paid ) on an iPhone or android ..... It will play everything to the wxc50 via UpNP - iTunes , tidal ( MQA first unfold ) , etc ..... Works great Bk
  25. B

Jeff , Can you tell me how you made the usb trigger for the cxn ..... Which wires from the usb cable did you connect to the 3.5mm mono jack ? Did the front USB or rear USB port work ? Thanks Bill
Back
Top Bottom