Search results

1. MrRogers385

Looking for a significant upgrade from Dynaco A25 speakers

For whom it may concern- Recapping the classic A25s does make a noticable difference. I just recapped my A40xls and it didn't do much for me. The last A25s that I recapped for a friend I added a bypass cap to try to get all the sparkle I could out of them. He's really happy with them and I'm in...
  2. MrRogers385

Dynaco A25xl Restoration - Pics are free!

Any one know where I could find a good 10" woofer from a Dynaco XL? I have the sealed version with the larger cabinets.
  3. MrRogers385

Genesis Bookshelf Speakers

4. MrRogers385

Heathkit AR-1500A Repair

I'm interested in parts if you still have them. I plan to replace old parts on my 1500a. How do you remove the boards with the buttons? The buttons don't pass through the faceflate.
  5. MrRogers385

Hafler DH, Adcom GFA, or Vintage Receiver

I recently bought a Concept 7.5d(receiver) and I found a faulty Denon POA-1500 for 40bucks. Hopefully the repair man gets them working well. I'm pretty satisfied at this point. I am curious about Hafler still. I'm thinking I'll eventually have one. Thanks a lot!! Matt
  6. MrRogers385

I'm a bit late on replying but I found an Adcom 535ii at the thrift store for 15bucks. I searched and searched and found an adcom gtp-502 preamp for 70 bucks. It sounds very clean. I don't think it's VERY far from the x0x0 Sansuis. I really like this Adcom setup, I ordered another matching amp...
  7. MrRogers385

Jbl lc 310-1

Update: Before I knew much of refoaming I regretfully tossed the woofers and bought grs replacements. The replacements were far less responsive and the JBLS were unhooked & moved to the closet. Years later I have some freshly doped KLH 17 woofers that need a home. Direct fit! They're not pretty...
  8. MrRogers385

Jensen Tri-ette TR-10 recap

Played them all night(yes, while I slept) and I did a bass test today. Terrible noise noticed from one woofer. Removed the woofer(It's sealed in there really well, just yank it out.) I suspected voice coil rubbing from decades of movement, gravity, material breakdown etc. NOPE. Noise was coming...
  9. MrRogers385

Number 2 recap is done. These aren't lacking on the high end. I had to turn the tweeters down. I'll slowly push them more and more. Just low level listening for now. They sound surprisingly good. I need to space them out more but they seem to image really well. I'd like to compare these to Heresys
  10. MrRogers385

One is done, 2uf on tweeter and real close to 16.5uf on the midrange. Kept the old inductor. Adjustment knob is sealed and can't be cleaned unless you literally pry it apart. One more to go, I may rotate all speakers and upgrade pots and terminals.
  11. MrRogers385

I know this is old but did anyone do a cap job and take some photos? I want to replace my caps but I don't understand exactly how everything should be configured.
  12. MrRogers385

Mixed reviews! That makes it tough but that's alright. I'm leaning towards Adcom due to their prices. I plan to use my Concept 4.5d as a pre-amp. It sounds natural and clean so I'm thinking it'll do well. Hopefully I can pick up one soon from the Bay or barter town. Until then I'll be stuck with...
  13. MrRogers385

What speakers do you use with that?
  14. MrRogers385

I am primarily switching between Definitive Bp10s and KLH 23s. I do have a Niles speaker selector sitting around and I believe it has some sort of protection for the speakers. That's good advice! Thanks for that. I think the price is making me lean towards Adcom /Hafler.
  15. MrRogers385

I sure do love the X0X0 line but I don't want to pay those prices if I don't have to
  16. MrRogers385

Jensen Triette Speakers

I think they sound pretty good! I have them along side KLH 23S and Def tech bp10s and they are holding their ground. I do wonder about the old caps inside...
  17. MrRogers385

Hi, I'm looking for more power and I'm wondering if I can get a Hafler or Adcom without reducing the sound quality that I'm used to. I once had a Sansui 6060, then a 8080, and now a have a smaller Concept receiver. I really like the sound of the mentioned Sansuis and my current Concept. Will the...
  18. MrRogers385

What is your opinion of hafler power amplifiers?

I want a bit more power and I was considering a Hafler DH. I've thoroughly enjoyed a Sansui 6060, 8080, and now I have a Concept receiver. I really like the sound quality from those mentioned units, that's primarily what I use for reference. I wonder if the Hafler is going to have the same sound...
  19. MrRogers385

Big difference between KLH 17 and KLH 5?

17 vs 5 woofer
  20. MrRogers385

Big difference between KLH 17 and KLH 5?

Besides the obvious the 5 does have the heavy duty woofer where as the 17s woofer is more lightweight. I believe the 5 shares the woofer of the 23. I'm on my second set of 17s and they do put out good bass when they are positioned to do so. For me, that's close to the wall and pointed inwards...
  21. MrRogers385

Sansui schematic for G-9000DB same as for the G-9000

I'm thinking it might be time to throw in the towel. I don't want to screw anything up.
  22. MrRogers385

Sansui schematic for G-9000DB same as for the G-9000

The fuses are good, I'm not sure about the switch, it's not super easy to get to. My 10amp 250v fuses are white. Can I replace them with clear? I ask because the white ones didn't transfer electric well during my little test as the clear ones did. I had to use extra pressure with the multimeter...
Back
Top Bottom