Search results

1. slateef

capacitor question

No idea what the model of the bandsaw/motor is. Bandsaw is a generic (non-branded) unit from Taiwan. The motor's label doesn't indicate a manufacturer or model number. Just a generic 1 hp motor. The motor/bandsaw works perfectly once I give the belt a jumpstart by hand (just a gentle tug...
  2. slateef

capacitor question

Wow, go away for a few days and come back and see all these nice replies! Thank you all! Here's a pic: Sorry, not sure why the orientation changed....the original is right side up! Anyway, there is only one wire coming out of the motor into the capacitor housing. I opened up the motor...
  3. slateef

capacitor question

Hi all, Asking this here since you guys are very knowledgeable and helpful. Not dealing with a stereo, but rather a general capacitor issue. I bought a vintage bandsaw for woodworking and it seems that the start capacitor is bad (motor just whines/hums when turned on and actually starts...
  4. slateef

please help with Realistic STA-47

Thank you for your help, Ylli. I will check those voltages on Sunday and let you know!
  5. slateef

Tom, I replaced C401. It made no difference. I then replaced all 4 output transistors, just to be sure. This also made no difference. Do you have any suggestions to where I should check voltages next? I've downloaded the schematic, but I don't see voltages listed on some of the components...
  6. slateef

Transistor Substitutions

I'd be using it to replace the output transistors in a Realistic STA-47 receiver. TIP31 or 41 would work? I have some laying around.
  7. slateef

Transistor Substitutions

What would be a good replacement for Sanyo D313E?
  8. slateef

Thank you, I really thought you were being condescending, but thanks for clarifying. I'll review their comments and check some voltages.
  9. slateef

How rude. I'm just an average Joe. Not an electrician or technician. Just asking for some help in how to go about troubleshooting and/or for someone to point me in the right direction. I've been on this board for a few months and have come across lots of very helpful, friendly people. If...
  10. slateef

UPDATE: I finally got around to it and replaced C-401 (and did C-402 while I was at it). No difference. The left speaker still has low volume and no bass (it sounds like it's all treble and adjusting the bass knob has no effect). What should I do next? Replace the output transistors...
  11. slateef

Thank you.
  12. slateef

The originals are 25v, the ones above are 50v; is that okay?
  13. slateef

Doesn't look like Nichicon UFG or UES exists for 3.3uf 25v. Any good alternatives?
  14. slateef

Watthour, is there a better or more apt capacitor I should use? Would this be better? https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/nichicon/UMA1E3R3MCD2/493-16328-ND/2598627
  15. slateef

Bump.
  16. slateef

Can someone point me in the right direction for replacement for C401 on Mouser.com? Is this what I need? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Nichicon/UMP1E3R3MDD?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvwFf0viD3Y3crAvUn4ncpDiejiwCB6tE4%3d 3.3uf, 25v capacitor
  17. slateef

Does anyone else agree that I should replace C401? Any other ideas? Are y'all sure that its not the output transistors? Just want to be sure before I go and order a replacement for C401.
  18. slateef

Bump.
  19. slateef

rjd3000, I can hear the left while the right plays, it just sounds lower. The output from the left channel is just at a lower volume than the right channel. It also has MUCH lower bass output, regardless of volume or bass adjustment. It just sounds "tiny". Tom B, the power switch back and...
  20. slateef

Hello all, The issue is that the left channel sounds very "tiny". The right is totally fine. The left's volume output is low and the bass and treble adjustments really don't do much. Any ideas where I should start to troubleshoot? Also, there is a lamp going to the faceplate that reads...
  21. slateef

Pioneer SX-424 speaker terminal adapters

Anyone know where to get 4 of these silly little adapters? The cheaper the better! There's a few on Ebay, but they're a bit more than I'd prefer to pay. Thanks.
  22. slateef

Where to get 1.2A 125V fuses for Pioneer SX-424?

Ok, that one on Digikey is 250V, is that okay?
  23. slateef

Where to get 1.2A 125V fuses for Pioneer SX-424?

Can't find them locally and didn't see them on Amazon or Ebay. Any ideas?
  24. slateef

Help me figure out which receiver I had...

dly66, you da man! Thanks again. Now I need to stalk Ebay to pick one up for nostalgia's sake. There's only one available right now, but something about the left channel being softer worries me. qdrone, this place is amazing. Very knowledgeable and helpful people.
  25. slateef

Help me figure out which receiver I had...

yockmeyer, that's the one...thank you everyone!
Back
Top Bottom