1. T

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

Downstairs: Mac1700 receiver Upstairs: C12000 preamp MC 1.25KW monos
  2. T

Ease my mind SX-980, vs SX-1080/ SX-1280

Thank you!
  3. T

Ease my mind SX-980, vs SX-1080/ SX-1280

Really good thread. I currently own a Sx-737. Nice budget receiver. Has anyone here tried or is using the SX-980 as a preamp? I’m assembling a somewhat vintage setup & my speakers are hard to drive & have a good power amp in mind that can handle dips into the 2ohm range. The 980 would be awesome...
  4. T

McIntosh C12000 Preamplifier

Thank you. Another question. I use dual subs and have been using the C2700 balanced mains to the 1.25KW amps and the other balanced outs to the dual subs. But with the C12000 one balanced is for tube and other for SS. From reading the manual I am not sure one could do this.
  5. T

McIntosh C12000 Preamplifier

GREAT question.
  6. T

PL-570 + Denon DL-103 = ?

A little late to this thread ;) I too acquired a nice PL-570 that has a Pickering x15 on it. Definitely needs replacing. I just recently purchased the Denon DL-103 to go on a Sony PS-X60 turntable so I really don't want the same cartridge. Plus I need a MM. This will also be paired with a...
  7. T

Complete noob - SX-737

No the 737 Tuner is fine. My Bricasti Preamp doesn't have a tuner input so I was just hoping to use RCA to the preamp as use as an outboard tuner.
  8. T

Complete noob - SX-737

Hi Guys...just picked up a very nicely restored SX-737. I want to use strictly as a tuner to my Preamp. Just not sure how to connect it that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  9. T

How to tame brightness?

Thx Guys. All good thoughts.
  10. T

How to tame brightness?

Old thread but really good. I too have some brightness that seems over bearing. I've owned a set of GoldenEar Triton 1's for about 9 months. Like B&W very revealing speakers. Don't miss much. Paired with a MC452 (bought last fall) and now a new C2600 tube pre. Traded in a new C47 for the tube...
  11. T

McIntosh C47 Firmware V1.00

Thx so much! I know...All that $$ is worth it now :)
  12. T

Got it going! :) Thx to damacman and to McIntosh tech (Chuck)...and some good luck. I had something switched/unswitched...Whatever it was I changed it lol and its ON. So now I continue to have my 2 channel glory AND some wonderful movies to enjoy in 5.1.
  13. T

I did that.. or at least I thought I did.
  14. T

Ok that worked! Yah! Passthrough was on the screen and the AVR powers it etc....But somehow I have no audio from the Main L & R channels. I think its due to needing another trigger cable from the C47 to the MC452 amp?
  15. T

Picked up the 12 volt cable...but I have another question. Just not getting much setup help from the Best Buy Magnolia guys or I would ask them. But after the 12 volt trigger is connected. The manual requires some activating that? Theres a Trigger 1 and 2, Main, and Passthru. I assume I use the...
  16. T

Dumber than Dumb question :) But I guess I can get that at a local Radio Shack? There's not one in the box.
  17. T

No I have not and thats probably the issue. Thx.
  18. T

Hey Guys, this may not be the right thread but have a question on the C47. I am using the HT Bypass mode paired with a new Pioneer Elite AVR. Question. So both volume controls are used? I have a MC452 that drives the mains. The AVR driving center and rears. Just hooked it up last night and...
  19. T

MX 160 or MX122 or nothing?

very true...Good point.
  20. T

MX 160 or MX122 or nothing?

New member. :) Just in the past few weeks I now own a C47 & MC452 combo. GoldenEar Triton 1's Speakers. Kind of overkill for the MC452. Came from a Parasound Halo Integrated. The amp in still breaking in but I like it alot. So heres my issue. Also just added a Pioneer Elite SC-99 to use for...
Back
Top Bottom