Search results

1. Daddy Bone

VLC Hacked by Chinese to Distribute Malware

If anyone is using VLC Media Player, it has been hacked by the Chinese. https://www.techtimes.com/articles/273946/20220406/chinese-hackers-vlc-media-player-malware-chinese-hacker.htm
  2. Daddy Bone

Cartridge "Stance" Not Flush (Level) With Record

I bought a Grado Prestige Black 1.5 Mount Turntable Cartridge in 2016. In 2018 I replaced the stylus with an 8MZ. I used a digital scale and plastic protractor to set it up and also used a blank sided record to adjust the anti-skate. All is well and I have enjoyed many hours of music with this...
  3. Daddy Bone

Today's Band T-Shirt

Bill Monroe, Father Of Bluegrass
  4. Daddy Bone

Surprise CD

I've been going through old CD's and found an unlabelled disc in a jewel case with the word CLASSIC written on it. I decided to give the mystery disc a spin. It's a mix of classic rock hits from the late 80's and 90's. I guess one of the kids made it or got it from a friend. It's full of popular...
  5. Daddy Bone

Pretty love songs you've never heard

There are so many great love songs in the world. I was recently thinking about obscure love songs that are really pretty. I could make a list of 100, but here is the first 3 that I was thinking about. May This Be Love - Jimi Hendrix It's on the debut album. Never played by Hendrix in concert...
  6. Daddy Bone

CDR's Are NOT Forever

Spring cleaning continues... we're hoarders. I came across a treasure trove of CDR's I made for backup purposes. Some of these are probably 20 years old. Most are at least 10 years old. I must admit, some of the source media may have fallen by the wayside. Never been as careful about CD's as I...
  7. Daddy Bone

SA-1040 Early Birthday Present

Well, I got me a little early birthday present yesterday. Found a Pioneer SA-1040 amp on eBay, local pickup. I'm a little embarrassed that I paid $80 for it, he was asking $100. But man, it is clean! Everything works!!! Even the little green lights. No static, no pot or switch noise, no visible...
  8. Daddy Bone

Best Music Peformance Movies

I want to acknowledge the following thread that inspired me to post this. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/best-music-movies-ever-made.148682/ I saw Woodstock in the theater when it first came out. I was 13 years old. My first impression was, I wish I could have been there. I saw...
  9. Daddy Bone

Which Listening Thread?

I like the "What Are You Listening To" threads. But there are so many! ... Right Now ... Vinyl Only ... Classical Music ... What Speakers I thought about starting "What Rare Live (ie. Bootleg) Recording Are You Listening To?" But, I figured it would fade into obscurity. I also thought about...
  10. Daddy Bone

Android FLAC Player Quest

I want to get a player for my phone that will play FLAC files. My top concerns are: 1: Sound great 2: Battery usage 3: No "gaps" between tracks 4: Works with bluetooth 5: Price Any suggestions?
  11. Daddy Bone

Fat Lip Causes Skating

I have a few records where the rim at the edge is rather bulbous and causes the needle to skate in. Sometime it's so bad, it will skate in two or three revolutions into the music. I usually set my needle down on the stopped record and then turn on the turntable. I'm tracking at 1.5 grams and I...
  12. Daddy Bone

Do you like crossover records?

Just listened to the ubiquitous Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano Trio by Claude Bolling, featuring classical flautist Jean-Pierre Rampal. I always thought it was a nice little jazz record, but didn't really think of it as a classical piece. That's kind of like saying Pete Townsend wrote opera...
  13. Daddy Bone

Okki Noki Drain Tube Repair

*** WARNING *** Opening up your Okki Noki will void the warranty! I'm still not sure how it happened, but the drain tube on my Okki Noki was broken. It looked like a clean sever on the outside, but when I opened it up, it was not a clean break. I went to the local Lowe's looking for...
  14. Daddy Bone

Snapshots of Album Covers - How Do You Do It?

I don't have a good camera, just a cell phone. The problem I have is reflection. If I turn off the flash, it's too dark. Seems like everywhere I try to shoot where there is enough light, there is noticeable reflection. Outside is worse, even on an overcast day. And of course, glossy covers are...
  15. Daddy Bone

Am I Becoming An Audiophile - Part 2

I was listening to a very nice record of English Ayers And Duets by The Camarata of London (Hyperion A66003). On the very last song, I heard a loud spike of static jump out of my speakers. Eek! Now these are not great speakers (Fisher STV-9728). They are adequate and properly sized for this...
  16. Daddy Bone

Am I Becoming An Audiophile - Part 1

About a month ago, I had a touch of insomnia. So I decided to play a record, listening through the headphones. I selected a recent purchase, heard it only once before. It's E. Power Biggs playing Bach on the pedal harpsichord (Columbia Masterworks M25764). As I'm settling down and getting into...
  17. Daddy Bone

Technics SA-AX530 - A/V Receiver PS Recap

I'm thinking about doing this recap. It will be my first one. I'm not in love with this amplifier, so I guess it's expendable. It works mostly, but every so often it starts making a loud sizzling noise, that continues indefinitely. This activity happens regardless of the source or speaker...
  18. Daddy Bone

Greetings From the City of Angels

Hi All, Well, the kids have left home. I recently looked around at all these records (about 1200) and decided I either need to start listening to them or get rid of them. My gear was old, but not vintage. It was making noises that were not musical. I googled audiophile and vinyl. I found lots...
Back
Top Bottom