Search results

1. bricktop

New (to me) Tube Amps - 6V6G monoblocks

Tubes! Why, I haven't fooled with those in years. Good to hear from you Dave! I bet you've got some nice 98+dB/W speakers lying around they'd be perfect for.
  2. bricktop

Nikon 1 J1 on Groupon

I have the S1 and like it alright. There are quite a few nice/neat lenses available. Definitely not SLR quality, but much more portable. Sensor is much better than most all point-and-shoots.
  3. bricktop

The Mighty Bogen MO-200A

Nice work Dave! You've got quite a passion for this stuff.
  4. bricktop

Turntable Frustration

Mostly high frequency or low frequency feedback?
  5. bricktop

Paper bag flooring on a speaker?

Neat, please keep us posted.
  6. bricktop

Tough ass tube!

The best ass tubes are the tough ones.
  7. bricktop

The Genius that is Jaymanaa

Nice-in', Jay.
  8. bricktop

Thump thump problem

Could be dirty socket contacts, or a bad resistor (usually the carbon composition ones). If you're careful, with the amp on, running, and the wiring exposed (i.e. flipped on its side), you can tap components with something long and non-conductive to narrow it down.
  9. bricktop

My Winter Project

I'm not sure the KT77s had some problems (not out of the question with JJs) or there was some stability issues, but I changed up the driver stage to something a little simpler for longevity. No solid state means it will be easier to work on should something bad happen.
  10. bricktop

Just bought a set of bogen 100watt monoblocks

Here is the schematic to the latest version. A fella named Kory has it now.
  11. bricktop

bricktop's Mullard is go!

Thanks Ken. Just got back from the west coast myself, glad your enjoying it.
  12. bricktop

Best adhesive for bonding both metal and rubber to rubber?

Whatever adhesive you choose, to ensure a good bond to the metal, I would drill small holes in the fastener / washer for the adhesive to flow into. A dremel with a small bit would be good for this. At the very least, scoring it good with a rough file will help.
  13. bricktop

Anyone know voltage multipliers (modeling?)

LTSpice is free, I'm pretty sure it would handle that. Can easily include ESR, etc with component values.
  14. bricktop

Pine plank as valve breadboard

Psshhh! That's just what the ebony wood manufactures want you to think. True audiophiles know that you have to hand-carve the roots of the South Peruvian mango tree to get the best presence.
  15. bricktop

Glass Passivated Junction Diodes

From what I've read it seems to be an additional sealing process that increases reliability by protecting the junction from any external influence such as humidity should the case become compromised. You can get GP versions of the regular 1N400X diodes...
  16. bricktop

External battery for an APC BBU = FAIL, why???

There's a battery outlet on College Ave near Damon's that might be worth a look. Never been there before though so can't say for sure if they have what you're after.
  17. bricktop

Heathkit w4am rebuild

I fixed up and improved a pair a while back, see post #17 here: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149678&highlight=bricktop+w4*&page=2
  18. bricktop

Weirdest 'tool' in your toolbox?

The worst part is, I think I know what that is. It's been a while since we had to use them though, if it is indeed what I'm guessing it is. EDIT: Well I just saw the rubber band comment and I think we're all on the same page. Trying to catch the calves was the funnest part of the whole thing...
  19. bricktop

Heat Gun for Shrink Tubing

If they're not, you could always squirt a little silicone RTV in the connector ends after crimping and before shrinking. The excess should squirt out, and leave a nice seal.
  20. bricktop

I hate intermittent problems

Having solder on soldered electrical connections is generally good.
  21. bricktop

Spray Painting: "The I'm Done with Rustoleum Saga"

My local Tractor Supply has all of their Valspar stuff on clearance, and replacing the brand with Majic. I donno if it's the same thing, or if one is better (I've never used Majic), but just FYI.
  22. bricktop

Spray Painting: "The I'm Done with Rustoleum Saga"

Just tried the Krylon Dual (Paint/Primer Combo) this morning on some bare sanded aluminum. Seemed to leave a nice finish and dried pretty quickly. Will report more when I start assembly.
  23. bricktop

Generator for camping

Generac has a quiet line of portable generators. The largest capacity is the ix2000. It doesn't have the 30-amp outlet, but you'd need a 4kW generator to get 30 amps anyway (you could build an adapter pretty easily with stuff from Lowe's). Street price seems to be about $600 new. We have a...
  24. bricktop

New to me XD-40

I wouldn't worry about Moly for pistol ammo. Not worth the extra effort or cost. Maybe for benchrest stuff though, and there is a new formula that came out recently that is supposed to be a bit better, Hex boron nitride (hBN).
  25. bricktop

Mid-Priced Digital Handheld Multimeters

It does not look like an auto-ranger since it has a dial setting for discrete voltage/current/capacitance ranges.
Back
Top Bottom