Search results

1. Old Ears too

Worth the effort to save these?

Kind of posting this question for my brother. He recently was at the dump and ran into a guy tossing these out. He hasn't had the time to hook them up to see if they even work. I'm betting they will. Do you guys think they're worth saving? I'll refoam them for him if they produce sound and you...
  2. Old Ears too

Kappa 7's vs Column II's

Which would require more power to sound nice in a home theater environment?
  3. Old Ears too

Question about recording...

I have a concert recorded on my DVR that is recorded in Dolby 5 channel, at least that is what the stereo says it's playing without me selecting anything special for the output. I'd like to record it on my RT-707. I can work out the hookup but what I'm wondering is, will there be anything...
  4. Old Ears too

Where to find foam kits...

Where can re-foam kits for Altec Lansing 3182 speakers be found?
  5. Old Ears too

Trouble, yes trouble right here.

So today my wife went shopping and I took the opportunity to play my stereo a little louder than 'normal'. :rolleyes: While playing my 707, I noticed that the right channel was not performing as well as usual. At first I thought the crossover in the Column II had finally given up the ghost. I...
  6. Old Ears too

Is this a good deal?

Saw this while cruising Clist today, was thinking of taking out a home loan to get them.... https://palmsprings.craigslist.org/ele/d/rare-pair-mint-alexandria-x2/6415340730.html What do you think? Will they make my house look small?
  7. Old Ears too

Is $1650 a good price for ....

some decent looking Klipsch LaScala's?
  8. Old Ears too

Anyone hooked up their TT directly to a tape deck?

I'm wondering if I can hook up my newly revived Benjamin Elac 50H directly to either of my tape decks, with the little pre-amp in between, ie TT > pre-amp > tape deck inputs. I've tried the TT/pre-amp set up on my HT Denon 1910 via the V.Aux audio inputs and it works great that way. It doesn't...
  9. Old Ears too

Re-recording on a cassette tape

I have some good cassette tapes that have recordings I made off the radio years ago, that I don't want to listen to any more. I'd like to reuse the cassettes to make good recordings off LP's now. Should I record right over the previously recorded tape or should I run the tape thru recording at...
  10. Old Ears too

PS-X60 cuing lever stuck...

Here's what I'm talking about: Lever won't move it up or down. I think it's stuck in the down position as I can still play a record, but man I hate dropping the needle by hand.
  11. Old Ears too

ELAC 50H

Once again my garage is giving me surprises. I knew I had an old TT of my dad's stored out in the garage but hadn't really investigated it since moving into the house 35 some odd years ago. It got put up in the rafters of the garage along with other things and was quickly forgotten about as I...
  12. Old Ears too

New to me old lens

Was surprised the other day when I got this lens in the mail from my niece's husband. Nikon Series E 100mm 2.8. Great size, light weight, and sharp where it counts, what more could I want? I've been keeping my eye out for one for some time now. He got it as part of a trade and already had one so...
  13. Old Ears too

Bi-amp question, CS3008's

If I take out the jumper on the back that hooks the two sets of connectors up to each other, can I safely run my CS3008's without a woofer connected in the cabinet? I've got the woofer out of one side and am in the process, slow as it is, of re-foaming it. All the other driver's are done and I'd...
  14. Old Ears too

A moment of weakness...

..resulted in me bidding on a set of Infinitys, and, much to my chagrin, I won! Picked them up today. I have them hooked up to my HT system which has my Column II's as the mains. I've got a switch that allows me to flip between the two pairs at the push of a button. If my SA9500 II weren't down...
  15. Old Ears too

Old Pioneer gear resto...

So I've got 'round to getting my stereo stuff back up to speed lately. What is acceptable practice for refinishing the covers on my Pioneer silver face stuff? Here's pic of what I'm dealing with...40+years in the cabinet in the living room, in the house, so no, it hasn't seen 'weather'.
  16. Old Ears too

Hook-up question...

Here's the problem: My SA9500II amp has decided to give up the ghost on me. I have my RT-707 hooked up to it. Since the amp gave up, I've taken to listening to the tape deck via a set of powered computer speakers hooked up to the headphone jack of the 707. I'd really like to listen to it via my...
  17. Old Ears too

Know how you can tell a really flame job?

When it comes to GOOD flames, the tips have to cross. Sorry can't edit the title to put in the word Good.
  18. Old Ears too

WE 754A and Altec 755A

Cleaning out the garage rafters last weekend I re-discovered some old speakers I inherited from my Dad. They've been in my garage rafters for 30+ yrs. Looking at the web has me wondering if I need to insure them and if so, for how much? I only pulled two of them out of the box to look at, but...
Back
Top Bottom