Search results

1. audiomaniac2

DCM CX-17 thermo circuit breaker problem.

I have a pair of the DCM CX-17 speakers. When I listened to them I noticed one of them would cut out after listening to them for a while. Sometimes the sound would distort and if you cranked them up a bit it would come back normal. I thought for sure it was the amp I was using so I hooked up...
  2. audiomaniac2

SX-828 tuner question.

I recently bought a pioneer sx-828 receiver. I'm going through it and changing electrolytic caps and small transistors with known problems. I'm thinking about changing the electrolytic caps on the tuner board. Is this board difficult to work on?Also my main question is ,There are around three...
  3. audiomaniac2

Need a little help on a Sansui g-7700

I'm working on a g-7700 and am wondering if anyone knows a good source for the output transistors. 2sa1170 and 2sc2774. There are a few people selling the pair for around $19.00 on EBAY. Has anyone used these? Also can anyone recommend a replacement 100 ohm trimmer for the bias and offset adj...
  4. audiomaniac2

Missing hdmi

I have a Denon avr-s530bt surround receiver and a Samsung smart tv 4000k with ARC.I can no longer get surround sound though the receiver. It used to work fine. When I go into tv sound setup I no longer see the hdmi option icon from the receiver. One time I shut of the power to everything and I...
  5. audiomaniac2

ferro fluid yes or no?

I bought a pair of Speaker Lab 7s ,a few years ago. I noticed one of mid range horns didn't work. I cleaned out the ferro fluid and it started working. I'm wondering if I should leave it out or put it back in. If I put it back in where is the best place to get the fluid. Is there any tricks to...
  6. audiomaniac2

Question on Mac C-22 power supply

Wonder if someone could explain how the current gets back to the red/yel winding of the power transformer.
  7. audiomaniac2

Adcom gfr-5500 startup

I have done some trading for an Adcom gfr-5500 power amp. It uses hex fets in the final power transistors. I believe it's been sitting around for some years. What is the safest way to power it up for the first time?
  8. audiomaniac2

NAD 7240PE

Can someone tell me what R446 and R445 does and how do you adjust it? I don't see anything in the service manual about. It's shown in the amp schematic.
  9. audiomaniac2

REFERENCE SIX

I have some Infinity reference six speakers that I bought recently. I like the speakers except that they dont reproduce drums and cymbals very well. I wonder if that's the nature of these speakers or if there is a problem with the crossovers or individual speakers. The speakers have new surrounds.
  10. audiomaniac2

Nad 7175pe dc offset

I'm not able to get one channel to adjust properly. I can get it down to about 35 mv with r624 and r618 adjusted at the ends of there range. The good channel I can pass through 0 with + or - mv. I can bias the bad channel no problem. If I knew how to down load a schematic I would. It sounds...
  11. audiomaniac2

NAD 7150

Hoping someone can help me out. Working on a Nad 7150 replacing many defective caps. I accidentally damaged R290 on the tuner board. This is a surface mount resistor. After looking at both service manuals on Hifi engine ,neither one shows this resistor.I then realize that this tuner board is a...
  12. audiomaniac2

hot heat sink

I'm working on a NAD 7140 receiver and it has a 12volt regulator ic. L78M12. It has a small heat sink with 2 ,1"x1" fins.The heat sink runs very hot to the point where you can hardly leave you finger on it very long.Just wondering if that is normal. voltage going in is about 17 volt and coming...
  13. audiomaniac2

Need digital tuner expert

I'm working on a NAD 7140 that has a defective tuner. Unfortunatly I hav'nt found a schematic with voltages listed on it. The tuner will scan but never pick up a station on fm, it works ok on am. Test point 102 voltage never changes as it scans stations.This the variable voltage going to the...
  14. audiomaniac2

Need digital tuner expert

I'm working on a NAD 7140 that has a defective tuner. Unfortunatly I hav'nt found a schematic with voltages listed on it. The tuner will scan but never pick up a station. Test point 102 voltage never changes as it scans stations. Dual op amp (feeds tp- 102) ic112 (upc4558) has the following...
  15. audiomaniac2

NAD Receiver 7030 meters

I'm working on a nad receiver and the signal strenth and tuning meters are dead. When I hook up my voltmeter to them I get the right mv changes while tuning a station.Is this a common problem on this receiver?Is there any replacements available anywhere?
  16. audiomaniac2

emitter resistor question

I 'm working on an amp that has burnt out emitter resistor and output transistor.The resistor is 0.47 ohms at 3 watts. I have a 0.5 ohm at 5 watt resistor. Does .03 ohms make a difference ?
  17. audiomaniac2

Need service manual for a Nikko NA-890

Doe's anyone know where I can get service manual for Nikko NA-890. Already checked Hifiengine, they only have owners manual.
  18. audiomaniac2

Marantz 2235b problem

Hi folks, hoping one of you experts out there can help me.I have a problem in the pre and tone amp board Pe01. I have changed out all the electrolytic caps on the board and all the transistors. The problem is is that the left channel will drop out now and then.Mostly if i start on low volume...
Back
Top Bottom