Search results

1. P

Polk LS70?

Hello Polk speaker fans, I picked up a pair of Polk Audio LS70 speakers today for free. They have the oak color cabinets and are in rather good physicla condition. When I hooked them up, one of the speakers only gets faint sound out of the bottom woofer. I beleive the issue is the middle...
  2. P

Realistic Lab 260 Turntable - Repeating on last song?

I have a Realistic Lab 260 turntable that has begun to act up. On virtually every album, it keeps getting stuck on the last track. When the tonearm gets close to the run-out groove, it pulls back and continuously repeats that part of the song. I have rebalanced the arm and adjusted the...
  3. P

Realistic System - Lab 260 Turntable

Good score this weekend. I picked up the following from the original owner for free as they were thinking of throwing everything out. I took home a STA 52B Receiver, Nova 7B Speakers and a Lab 260 Turntable. I cleaned everything up and blasted the connections with DeOxit, The receiver works...
  4. P

Coral BX7 Speakers - Any Info On These?

I picked up a pair of Coral BX7 speakers in pretty good condition today for free. They are built well, and when I plugged them in they sound suprisingly good (to my ear at least). I researched the various sites but could not really find much information or specs on them. Just curios if...
  5. P

Grado Cartridge & Stylus Feedback

Seeking some feedback. I picked up a Sony PS-LX2 direct drive turntable with a rather old Grado cartridge and stylus on it at a thrift store for $10. Since I am not sure how old the stylus is, I wanted to look into replacing the stylus. The only markings on the cartridge show Grado GC (see...
  6. P

Shure VN35E - How worn is this stylus?

I picked up a Sanyo turntable for next to nothing that had a Shure V15 Type III cartridge and original Shure Super Track Plus VN35E stylus on it. I have a Dual CS-721 turntable that has the same cartridge, and I recently bought a Jico VN35HE stylus which sounds great. I thought I could use the...
  7. P

Dual 721 Stylus

New to Dual turntables and I just acquired a Dual 721 that is in perfect working condition. It has a Shure V15III-DU cartridge that appears to be affixed to the headshell and also has the original Shure Super Track Plus stylus. I would like to get a second stylus as I underdtand the original...
  8. P

Marantz 2275 - Crackling Noise at power up

Looking for some advise on what may be happening with a newly acquired Marantz 2275. The receiver was recently serviced as the right channel was completely dead. I got the receiver back from the service tech, and it functions fine. My question relates to when I turn the power on. When I...
  9. P

Dual technician

Any recommendations for a technician in the greater Boston area that can go through a Dual CS-721 turntable? Looking for a general cleaning, re-lubrication and to fix/replace RCA cables that are generating a loud hum. Thanks in advance for any local recommendations for a Dual tech.
  10. P

ADS L700 Speakers - Woofer Recommendation

I came into possession of a pair of ADS L700 speakers. They are in good overall physical condition. Unfortunately, one of the tweeters and lower woofers is not working at all in one of the speakers. I pulled the woofer and it has the following markings on it: Braun 8 ohm 2443931...
  11. P

Sanyo TP-X3 Turntable - Dustcover Hinges

I have a Sanyo TP-X3 turntable that is in good condition and fully functioning. The only adjustment I had to make recently was to adjust the screw that controls the tone arm set down. The turntable is in great condition but I am missing the dusctover hinges. In searching for the hinges on...
  12. P

Sony STR 7065 - AM/FM Issues

Any help on this would be appreciated. I picked up a Sony STR 7065 receiver that was in need of a good cleaning and deoxit bath. After completing this, the receiver is physically in good condition, and all functions tested as working with one exception. The FM reception only pulls in...
  13. P

Dual CS-714Q - Cartridge and Stylus options?

Looking for some expert opinions. I have a mint Dual CS-714Q turntable that has the Ortofon ULM60E cartridge and Ortofon DN160E stulus affixed to the ULM arm. Unfortunately, I no longer can find the 1/2" cartridge adapter that was available for this turntable. As a result, my options for a...
  14. P

KEF 104/2 compared to KEF 107?

I have an opportunity to get a pair of KEF 104/2 or a pair of KEF 107 speakers (with KUBE) locally. Any thoughts on how these two models compare? The 107s have the KUBE equalizer and the 104/2s do not. I also know the 107's have 10" drivers and the 104/2s have 8" drivers. Both seem highly...
  15. P

KEF Reference 107 Speakers - Service Recommendation

I recently came into possession of KEF Reference 107 speakers. They are 100% original, so they likely need to at least have the woofers refoamed. I have refoamed speakers before, but none of the speakers were the quality of the KEF 107's. I was thinking of having them serviced professionally...
  16. P

Avid 60AB Speakers - specifications?

I was given a pair of Avid 60AB small bookshelf speakers. The speakers are in need of refoaming and I was wondering if they are worth the effort or not. I can't find anything online about this particular model's specifications and general info on quality and performance. Any feedback would be...
  17. P

Criterion 25 A Speakers - Worth a Rebuild?

I acquired a pair of Criterion 25A speakers that have cabinets and grills that are in near perfect condition. They have an 8" woofer and tweeter, but they sound awful with no real low end. Has anyone ever repurposed the cabinets on these speakers and outfitted them with better woofers and...
  18. P

Reynolds/Advance V2 Speakers?

I picked up a pair of Reynolds/Advance V2 speakers. There is not much information online for this manufacturer or speaker model. Any thought on overall quality of the speakers and whether they are worth some time and investment to bring back to 100%? The cabinets are in very good condition...
  19. P

Rectilinear XI - Crossovers and Tweeters?

Found a pair of Rectilinear XI speakers that I am looking to resurrect. Any advice that can be provided on replacing the crossovers and tweeters would be helpful. Crossover: From the specifications I found so far (see below), the crossover is at 1800Hz at 8 ohms. I have not been able to...
  20. P

Allison Seven - Replacement Tweeters

Hello, I picked up a pair of Allison Seven speakers in fairly good condition. The wood cabinets are decent and the grills are all in tact. The woofers will need the foam surround replaced, which I will attempt to do myself. The real issue are the tweeters. Neither of the tweeters are...
  21. P

Sony STR-6050 Wood Case

I picked up a beautiful Sony STR-6050 receiver that is in fantastic condition. I used a little Deoxit on some of the scratchy pots and it is now working great. I would like to get a wood case to go with the receiver. Would anyone be able to confirm what model wood case goes with the Sony...
  22. P

Vintage Receiver AM Antenna Replacement

Would anyone be able to recommend a replacement AM antenna that can be used with a Nikko NR-1415 receiver. The antenna is snapped completely off the receiver and needs to be replaced. i have been unable to find a direct replacement from another Nikko NR-1415, and was wondering if another AM...
  23. P

Nikko NR-1415

I have a Nikko NR-1415 receiver that is in the process of being rebuilt. I am in need of a AM antenna replacement, as the original was broken off. Any advice on a source where I could obtain a replacement AM antenna for this monster? Also, would an AM antenna from another Nikko model work...
Back
Top Bottom