Search results

1. Craftsman1

Replacement Woofer for Infinity Kappa 8.1i

Thanks, it's a painstaking process. Oak veneer is hard to stain. Black is ok, but I wanted something more classy. It's called Kona. Very dark brown with hints of black. I tried several other stains, this was my favorite. I bought these off a Guy from CL and I think they were in a Storage...
  2. Craftsman1

Replaced all drivers but polydomes and emits. MillerSound repaired the polydomes. Had to paint the Goldwood midbass cones they were white. But perfect drop in replacement even have the inverted dust caps. Checked ohms on all drivers checked the crossover caps etc. speakers look updated and sound...
  3. Craftsman1

All 4 drivers always looked different. Midbass coupler and woofer had inverted dust caps. The polydome always stuck out, and the emit R is round. (instead of the old ones that were linear) Best thing is Better bass and Midbass and Polydome mids. Rebuilt by Miller sound. Even Bill himself...
  4. Craftsman1

Just checking this out again. I just replaced my woofers on my Kappa 8.1 (front ported not the I version) The old woofer crossover point is 32 hz to 175 hz. and is an 8 ohm driver with a resistance of 6.3 when tested. I used the Dayton Audio Ref series 12" aluminum driver. I had to add a...
  5. Craftsman1

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

You did the right thing. Those Watkins woofers are really old. Great back in the day. But all these drivers are getting way past their prime. As long as you have a separate box for bass (which the Rs 2's do, you can do this) Even Bill Legall of Miller Sound did the same thing. He changed out...
  6. Craftsman1

Those look good. But the Kappa 8.1' woofers are 8 Ohms. The rest of the drivers are 4 ohms. Thus an overall speaker that is 6 Ohms. I put the Kappa 800 watt. Car subs in my 6.1's. ( they are 4 ohm woofers) Those sound good. But they were too much for the 8.1s. My Kappa 8.1s (large photo)...
  7. Craftsman1

The kappa 8.1 woofer is 8 ohms. With a resistance of 6.2. I went with an aluminum cone driver as the old img drivers are similar material. Don't stress on changing out drivers on a 20 plus yr. Old speaker. No doubt the spiders are pretty worn by now, not to mention the foam. The polydomes are...
  8. Craftsman1

Kappa 8.1 vs 8.1 series II

I found Rotel to be the best Amp for these. Tried Adcom 555. 7400, 7300 Denon poa,s Parasound and Bryston. Rotel perfect match up with these.
  9. Craftsman1

Nice find. Love the Black. Need lots of power for those 12 in. Woofers. Enjoy
  10. Craftsman1

Try a port plug. I got 2 foam (nerf) small basketballs and place them in there. It tightens the bass up some. But room placement is key.
  11. Craftsman1

Same exact drivers and cabinets were used. Infinity just changed some of the components of the crossovers. (less expensive) Just like the earlier Emit Tweeters were Samarium Cobalt magnets. ( they could'nt keep that up long) very expensive magnets.
  12. Craftsman1

Those I sent to you are from the entire speaker. It's only a 2 way center channel. Kappa Video Center. You Ren.90's look like the good ones.
  13. Craftsman1

My refurbished Kappa 6.1 v 1. Painted entire cabinet. Polydomes serviced by Miller Sound. Woofers re foamed by Miller Sound. Sound great. v1 crossovers.
  14. Craftsman1

The earlier versions of the .1 series have a much warmer sound to them. Take a little more power though. But still very good speakers none the less. Still own the 8.1 series 1, 6.1 series 1, 3 Kappa video. 1 series 1 and 2, series 2. Had all the polydomes re done by miller sound on the 8.1 and...
  15. Craftsman1

uvafan420. Here is my Kappa Video Center Version 1 and Version 2. (this is the one with the cheep mostly white capacitors. I have found the same in most of the .1 series. The version 2 they went with cheaper caps, to keep cost down.
  16. Craftsman1

I know this is late: But in response to the 6.1, 7.1, 8.1, 9.1. Series One Vs. the series II. (not the older Kappa series without the .1) The series one crossover was superior to the series II. They actually cheapened up the crossover in all the series II's to make more money. Just pull the...
  17. Craftsman1

Millersound Infinity Kappa Polydome Repair

Musicman95. This is from Bill him self from MillerSound. "The sound is intended to be “naturally mellow”. Even the ORIGINAL (!!!) Supervisor of Quality Control (Walter Murrell, California) is in love with the results. His words:“Another gratified, satisfied customer, here in Southern...
  18. Craftsman1

The sound of the "new" ploydomes from Miller Sound. Much better then the original. Not harsh, not overly bright. Very nice sounding midrange. You can still hear every detail. I can now listen without getting ear fatigue. The aluminum mesh is removed because it was only placed there to keep...
  19. Craftsman1

MillerSound is the best. These are not just new dust caps on the Polydomes. He removes all the old poly material and uses the existing voice coil and places the new material back on. Sound is much better then the original. The material is proprietary. If these Polydomes are yellow or even...
Back
Top Bottom