Search results

1. N

Tekton Owners Thread

it's been a full year since I got my Pendragons and they are as enjoyable to listen to as on day one. They got smoother and the bass seems tighter than when they were new. Really nice speakers and without any real competition for the money. Sure there are better speakers out there, but what is...
  2. N

Tekton Owners Thread

8 ohm sound more refined because they have more turns of copper wire around drivers. That is why they work better with tube amps. All of this is relative because drivers are not the only thing that makes a speaker. It’s all about finding the right balance.
  3. N

Tekton Owners Thread

There are a couple of faults or maybe it would be better to call them observations that I've noticed with my Pendragons. They really require a large room. The bigger the better. And they need to be away from the back and side walls in order to deliver the goods. At least 3 feet away. More would...
  4. N

Tekton Owners Thread

My Rogue Tempest II can drive almost anything and so should your amp. You don't need to be concerned about that, imo. The bigger question is what kind of sound you like better. Generally speaking, higher Ohm speakers should sound better with tube amps since those are known to have warmer tonal...
  5. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Great point, Mac. IMO, the key components are the sound generator (the amp) and the sound replicator (the speakers). That is where the magic happens and where most of the budget should be allocated for. The conduit between them is important, but not critical. There will be a big difference...
  6. N

Tekton Owners Thread

I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about speaker cables. People who insist that they make a big difference in sound quality, transparency, staging, etc, are not being honest. Copper wire is copper wire and there isn't much difference which one you use as long as the metal used to make the...
  7. N

Tekton Owners Thread

@Page { margin: 2cm } p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120% } Tekton speakers do not need a lot oomph to be driven because they are quite sensitive. You can certainly buy as big an amp as you'd like, but it's really not needed and it will not do anything to improve the sound quality...
  8. N

Tekton Owners Thread

That question is so subjective, 100 people will have 500 answers. I like to keep it simple so I will say the following. Are DIs “better” than PDs? Yes, if your equipment is sensitive enough to detect the changes in sound clarity, imaging and if your music library is light on R&R and heavy on...
  9. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Still no grills :no: :(
  10. N

Tekton Owners Thread

I own a pair of dragons and can confirm that the sound is coming out of all 3 tweeters. When I put my ear next to each, the middle one plays the highest frequencies while the other two are operating more in the mid-range of the tonal spectrum. The top one sounds like the true mid-range speaker...
  11. N

Tekton Owners Thread

I've been waiting for mine for a couple of months. I got the dragons, but the size should be pretty close. Not a big deal because they are not playing music :naughty: Anyway, last week I asked Eric when I can expect them and he said he will ship them out shortly. My guess is that they are done...
  12. N

Tekton Owners Thread

During my speaker placement experimentation, I found that the Pendragons sound better if moved away from the walls (side and back). The same is most likely true with the Double Impacts since they are very similar in size and configuration. Sometimes that is not possible to do in smaller rooms so...
  13. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Totally agree. I’m enjoying my music collection all over again. I still don’t quite get how it is possible to get this kind of sound from these speakers, but I’m not complaining. They are a rare find indeed and your DI’s are even more sensitive so there are endless options for setup and...
  14. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Been playing with my new dragons and after a month or so of tinkering around, I believe I have them dialed in on full flames. Here’s the setup history: Started out with Airport Express Gen I (AEX) using its internal DAC and listened carefully for awhile. The AEX did fine considering the fact...
  15. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks, Mac :beerchug: Glad to hear you're enjoying the DI's sound. Awesome speakers.
  16. N

Tekton Owners Thread

The Pendragons are in and after 6 hours or so of break-in time, these are my initial impressions. They are very unusual speakers, unlike anything I’ve heard before. They contradict pretty much everything that’s not hand-made regardless of price (more on this later). It is hard to describe them...
  17. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Mine are pumpkin orange :music:
  18. N

Tekton Owners Thread

I hope those Double Impacts are not delayed because of my flame-throwing Pendragons which are on their way from Utah :eek2:
  19. N

Tekton Owners Thread

As a follow-up to my original post, it seems that some people have interpreted my comments as a statement that the higher the price of a component, the better the sound. However, that is not what was said and certainly not what I meant. A $10K amplifier is not necessarily “better” than a $5K...
  20. N

Tekton Owners Thread

I have a pair of Pendragons on order, so needless to say I followed this thread with great interest before making my decision. So many people have commented on Tekton’s speakers and compared different areas related to design philosophy, parts used, assembly methodology, cabinet bracing, etc, it...
Back
Top Bottom