Search results

1. Bob Price

Canadian road rage..

We sure could use some of that to replace the kind we have here in the States. I would offer a trade, but my conscience would bother me too much giving a raw deal. :(
  2. Bob Price

Anybody replace the clockspring in the steering wheel?

They are not hard. Remove the air bag (recommend disconnect the engine battery 30 minutes before the job to let capacitors discharge)....this is not a must since the bag connector contains a "shorting bar", just my preference of extra safety. Pull the airbag, steering wheel and old spring. Many...
  3. Bob Price

She Started, BUT She Be A Cold Bitch...

Yes, they still use Aux Power Units, I have one on my PB.
  4. Bob Price

She Started, BUT She Be A Cold Bitch...

Do you use a radiator cover? I use one on my trucks (class 3, class 5 and a class 8 truck) and they decrease warm up times by up to 50% and you do not have that rapid cool-off and temp surge as the thermostat opens. I use this in combination with block heaters. Adjustable covers are best. They...
  5. Bob Price

Roadkill

I love that series, I was introduced to them at the end of 2015. I need to backtrack and watch every episode, every show I did watch was hilarious. It is a great concept.
  6. Bob Price

Reliving my childhood with an ATC 70...

Wow, you were not kidding, that thing looks brand new. I did not know they made any that small. That must have been one of the last they produced. I vaguely remember something about them being dangerous and they stopped production and started building the 4 wheel type....correct?
  7. Bob Price

The Targa Newfoundland....racing flat out on public roads !

That race you mentioned reminds me of the Isle of Man TT.....except slightly less dangerous.
  8. Bob Price

So, when did they stop putting spare tires in cars?

Many new cars come with "inflators" which (as you said) is a joke. I am sure most manufacturers do it to save money.....but even the more expensive cars are going to inflator kits. There is no excuse why a $50,000 plus car would come with an inflator kit. My SRT did. I did not even think to ask...
  9. Bob Price

License plates on American cars...

No inspection sticker in NC anymore, they combined it with the plate year sticker. We now have to get inspected before we re-register our vehicle. They are linked, no inspection, no registration renewal. They also combined the property tax with the registration fee.
  10. Bob Price

License plates on American cars...

As already mentioned, it is by state, not country. The last state I lived in that required a front plate was Kansas, but that was in 1992...not sure now. I would hate to put a plate on the front of my SRT8
  11. Bob Price

Welp, this is a new one (unusual car thread)

Now that is a car I thought I would never see again. That is a lot of work for a pacer. All that glass on a heavy duty 4x4. He needs to hang a few more rabbits feet to match the one on the right front. I wonder how hard it would be to find replacement glass for that? My best high school...
  12. Bob Price

What is this thing on the bumper of '13 Buick Encore?

That is a good example of modern automotive construction. It is now only safe to apply force to a few spots on the chassis, otherwise it will be bent or damaged in some way. I bet almost everyone knows someone or has personally had damage done by a wrecker grabbing on to the wrong place for a...
  13. Bob Price

What is this thing on the bumper of '13 Buick Encore?

That is where the flux capacitor is kept.
  14. Bob Price

Cut Me Off, Will You?

Yes, it is a really cool truck, but to be honest, I bought it because it was affordable. Bidding starts on these at 4,500.00 USD. Try and find anything even close to that price that is 4x4 and Diesel powered. And they are all low miles, Mine had just over 8000 miles on it. That big Caterpillar...
  15. Bob Price

Cut Me Off, Will You?

Yes, that is a intake snorkel for fording rivers and also keeps the intake above the dust cloud while off road in convoys. It can cross water up to 6 foot deep if the chassis is raised all the way. The spare and coolant surge tank are also back there for easy access. It has a hydraulic system...
  16. Bob Price

Cut Me Off, Will You?

Most of the time, you tube media can only be linked, they do not allow us to keep a local copy due to global media laws. I guess a file could be stolen with video capture software but why take a legal risk like that?
  17. Bob Price

Cut Me Off, Will You?

That just got me thinking....shouldn't we already have part of that data gathered from the USA's blast testing in the 50's and 60's? I mean, I thought the info on EMP was a result of real testing?
  18. Bob Price

Cut Me Off, Will You?

I agree, and I do not want to find out if it is true or not. To be honest, if that did happen, the last thing I would be worried about is if my truck started. I am not a crazy prepper...FYI
  19. Bob Price

Cut Me Off, Will You?

You are in luck! The US military only ordered automatic transmission chassis from Stewart & Stevenson. They are equipped with Allison push button 7 speed transmissions which are full time all wheel drive. Aussies can also find this truck in their country. The truck is based on a chassis...
  20. Bob Price

My zero turn slings/eats belts. Normal for a consumer grade zero turn?

See! You just talked yourself into one! Great fun!
  21. Bob Price

My zero turn slings/eats belts. Normal for a consumer grade zero turn?

I have had several zero turn mowers, small riding mowers, and compact tractors. I have seen both issues mentioned above. Belt alignment, and debris/grass damage. I have also seen the wrong belts installed cause it as well. There are several cross profile belts in use over the years. The...
Back
Top Bottom