Search results

1. Wires!!

Infinity speaker model ID.

im picking this setup up tomorrow for $60. Excited To know what the speaker model is so I came to the Alexandrea of info. Thanks in advance!
  2. Wires!!

Pimp my tube radio.

Me an my son started messing around with this old tube radio that I had. LEGO binding posts and a laminated cardboard base. He’s hooking it up to all kind of speakers. I was wondering if there was anywhere I could tap into this thing to put an aux input for a mono pre and TT. Maybe with a toggle...
  3. Wires!!

Qrx 3500 fuse problem

im looking to purchase a Sansui QRX 3500. The seller said he ran it for a few weeks fine then it started popping the fuse in the back of it. Any ideas of what this could be? It’s not much to go on I know but if it’s an easy fix I might get this thing for a song. Thanks in advance. -Adam
  4. Wires!!

Ampex or “Ampex”?

picked these today for $15. Just a gamble. Can’t seem to find these online anywhere. *RARE* lol. Got home and noticed it said Ampex branded speaker on them so not sure of the quality but they sure aren’t loaded with vintage JBL. No model number. Found one pic of the back of them. Might have said...
  5. Wires!!

Driver I.D.

Saw these up for sale. Any clue on make or model? Drivers? Thanks for your time. Adam
  6. Wires!!

What the actual #%^*!?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-Original-JBL-4315B-Studio-Monitor-Speakers-pair/322977499036?hash=item4b32f5879c:g:xCUAAOSwq4VaTXKh
  7. Wires!!

TU-719 antenna question

I have this wire antenna that Tees toward the end and has 2 spade connections at the other end. Should these connect to the 2 300 ohm connections on the fm section of the tuner. Newbie question but I don’t listen to the radio much and I really don’t want to screw up this tuner.
  8. Wires!!

Klipsch KG2 woofer “blown”

Scored this pair at st. Vinnie’s for $30. Labeled woofer blown. Brought them home and pulled said woofer out to test by itself and the sound that it produces is very distorted and scratchy. Can this be fixed or should I just find a replacement on the bay? And what causes this problem? Are the...
  9. Wires!!

Barzilay console

With kenwood kr-2200 and a dual 1215 TT original drivers where replaced with some Peavy 12” speakers. Used to be university. :( They want 50 bucks. Do i pull the trigger?
  10. Wires!!

Amp ID

Saw this online. Any ideas what it might be? Only information I have is the seller said it was a military PA amp and it has tubes. Not much to go on so I thought maybe somebody might recognize it. It was inside of a old fridge somebody’s selling on fb. Thanks, -Adam
  11. Wires!!

Pioneer HPM-40

found a pair of these at the GW and both the tweeters and one of the mids are doa. Is it worth trying to find new drivers for these or should I just bring them back?
  12. Wires!!

Quad question

:dunno: There is a Quad fm3, 33 pre and a 405 amp listed locally for $200. “Missing power cords”. Seems like a scroe but I’m not familiar with them so is it worth it?
  13. Wires!!

Community PA Speakers?

saw these posted on FB locally. Never heard of them. Just wondered if these where worth picking up for the $70 asking price. Or any opinions on this make in general.
  14. Wires!!

Sony tapecorder my first reel to reel!

Elderly neighbor gave this to me yesterday. Model 464 I believe. Came with some Beethoven. Works good. Sounds good. Came with the manual. Don't know much about it. Is this a quality unit?
  15. Wires!!

Saw this at a garage sale today

old valve tester at a garage sale in the middle of nowhere Everything was dirt cheap except for this. Just thought it was cool. Anybody know if it's a good one or anything?
  16. Wires!!

Shopping app comes through???

picked these up on offer up today. JBL CF-120 they came with a pair of flix 2 surrounds and a flix 2 center. I'm not too sure about these. They seem too new and light. Well the price was right $40 for the lot. Any insight would be great.
  17. Wires!!

Ns-30t

Picked these up today at the thrift. Reminded me of the NS-L325s that my patents had when I was a little kid. Not sure if they're highly regarded or not but they sound great. Now if only I can find the Cr-2020 that caught fire from rocking too hard in my first apartment.
  18. Wires!!

Mystery Speaker ID

Who can pass up a puzzle? Found these in a home made console. Look like they don't have surrounds but they do they are underneath the edge about 3/4 of an inch on the back side. Weird. I'd write them off but the other cab had an altec 604b so I thought I'd offer them up to the hive mind...
  19. Wires!!

Mystery TT

So I got this home brew to cabnet and this tonearm platter combo looks interesting. Can't get underneath easily but not much to go on. Arm attaches to holder magnetically. This thing is old. 50s? Probably earlier. Preach AK.
  20. Wires!!

Pretty excited. Altec in homemade cabnet.

just picked this up for THE best price. Took out a million old screws. And opened it to see what I had. Is this cool or what?
  21. Wires!!

Did I score?

Picked up a collection for free from some really cool people. Still 2 more consoles to open. Both homemade. But this came with them.... New to tubes any info would be great. Thanks, Adam
  22. Wires!!

Whyyyyyyyyy!

seriously wtf
  23. Wires!!

Speakers on tv.

Saw these on friends (don't judge). They looked familiar and I was wondering if anyone could I'd them. If anyone has any other good ones let's see em'.
  24. Wires!!

Graybeard id

https://corvallis.craigslist.org/ele/6148803179.html These speakers came up on cl. Wondered if anyone knows what these drivers are. And if they are any good. Thanks. Adam
  25. Wires!!

Tech needed!

Does anyone know any techs in the Oregon willamette valley? Salem Corvallis area? I have so many cool things that I want to use but can't. Most of all a Sony ta 1150. Maybe just someone who can hold my hand through figuring out the problem. I have an iron and a meter but don't really know how to...
Back
Top Bottom