Search results

1. K

Need help picking an amp

So I just got my Jamo c-103 and now I am working to figure out my TV set up. I would like to connect my tv via optical and record player via rca. I would also like to have a remote to adjust the volume of the speakers. I would only like to spend $200ish. The Emotiva basx looks awesome but I...
  2. K

Need help picking amp for my TV/Record player setup

So I just got my Jamo c-103 and now I am working to figure out my TV set up. I would like to connect my tv via optical and record player via rca. I would also like to have a remote to adjust the volume of the speakers. I would only like to spend $200ish. The Emotiva basx looks awesome but I...
  3. K

Need some help with amp for TV/record player set up

4. K

Better value at $250?

At this price, given all of the connectivity and quality of these speakers, is there anything that beats out the Klipsch 15-pm? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072M34NBW/ref=twister_B073Y45C2N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
  5. K

Need opinions on simple set up

Hey there! So my parents are redoing their basement to be a little gym of sorts so I’d like to get them some proper speakers to enjoy while working out as my mom LOVES rock music but has never listened on anything better than her Bose Soundcolor blue tooth speaker. I would like the speakers to...
  6. K

KEF Q100 vs ELAC B6?

Which one and why? Or is there another CLEAR winner under $300?
  7. K

Thoughts on best speakers under $500?

Any thoughts here? About to pull the trigger on the Klipsch 160m. I also am interested in generally good looking speakers, these would go in my family room where the GF cares very much about the looks of it haha. Thanks!
  8. K

Amp needed for these speakers - help!

Hey! So I am taking a look at these klipsch speakers for my TV and Record player set up -...
  9. K

Living Room Set-up

So here is the situation. I am a little tight on space as far as speaker size goes and I have a girlfriend that I live with that is DEDICATED to having things look good. I have a TV that I would like to connect using optical and an LP120 record player that I would like to connect using its RCA...
  10. K

System wide EQ?

So I am currently using my m40x's with the angled HM5 pads and I feel like I could just use a little bit of EQ to bring up the bass to really make these headphones awesome. I really love the highs that these have but I just need a little more bass/punch on kick drums (I like a lot of metal/rock...
  11. K

Where to try-out gear in CT?

Does anybody know of anywhere that I can try out hifi headphones/amps/speakers and such in CT? Best buy has a pretty limited selection and I haven't been able to find many "audio" stores that aren't just car stereo shops. Thanks!
  12. K

Looking for Sub around $200

Hey there! Looking for a sub for my TV/Record player set up around $200. I don't need it to be particularly loud but I am looking for one that extends down into the 20-30hz range and handles music equally as well as movies. I've heard good things about the BIC F12 and PSW505 but wanted to see if...
  13. K

Need help on best way to upgrade audio set ups!

I am currently looking for a way to upgrade my audio for both my TV and desk set ups. I have about $500 to do all upgrades so I appreciate the help. Current set up - TV -> Kanto Yumi -> Polk PSW10 Current set up - PC -> Schiit fulla 2 -> Hd6xx (coming in December) and Klipsch promedia...
  14. K

Desk Speaker Suggestions

I currently have the Klispch 2.1 Pro Media at my desk and have had it here for 3 years. I am wondering if it is time for an upgrade. Ideally I would want to spend around $100-$200 for speakers (and amp if needed) then another $100 or so for a sub (considering the Polk PSW10 or Dayton Sub 1000)...
  15. K

Looking for basic CD play recommondations

Hey there! So I have a pretty large CD collection from my childhood/teenage years and I am starting to get into higher quality audio and think I would enjoy the lossless files from the CD's. I have a Schiit Fulla 2 that I can use as a DAC from CD player and would ideally prefer something...
  16. K

Desk set up using DarkVoice 336SE

Hey there! Question for you guys - I am planning to get the DarkVoice 336SE to pair with my HD650's. Now my question is would I be able to connect the preamp out on the back to PASSIVE speakers? or would I need active speakers for this to work? i.e. computer -> Darkvoice (amp) -> HD650's or...
  17. K

New to DAC/Amps - help with HD6xx

Hey there! I just joined the drop from the HD6xx on Massdrop and can't wait for these bad boys to show up in December. In the meantime I was hoping to enlighten myself on the basics of DACs and Amps since I noted the impedance on these headphones are 300 ohms. Will an iPhone 7 plus be able to...
  18. K

HELP! Need some suggestions!

Hey there! I am looking for a set of headphones to use at my desk. I listen to mostly metal and appreciate headphones a little on the bassier side and ones where the treble isn't too bright - those cymbals can kill me if they are. Price range of only 100-150 USD, prefer over ear and I'm...
  19. K

Extremely basic question

Super simple question... should I have the platter start spinning before or after I have the stylus down on the record itself?
  20. K

Need help with a subwoofer

I have a tight budget but am thinking about adding a sub to my listening set up. I am using an AT120 turn table with Kanto Yumi speakers. I don't mind buying something used for a sub, but I really don't want spend more than $200. Is this any good...
  21. K

What to pair with my AT LP120

hey there! So I've made up my mind to get an LP 120, now I just need some help with receiver/amp/speakers and such to pair with it. I listen to a lot of rock and metal music but usually at fairly low volume in a reactively small living room (about 400sq ft). So I would like something that could...
  22. K

Is this a good starter turntable?

Hey there! Just getting into turntables - I've been collecting vinyl for about 10 years and want to upgrade my equipment without breaking the bank. Is this turntable any good? TEAC TN-200 Turntable
  23. K

Need help with new TT and setup

Hey there! I have had my Crosley Archiver Turntable for about 6 years now and really want to make an upgrade to a higher quality set up. I listen mostly to rock/metal on vinyl and think I want to get a higher quality turntable as well as dedicated speakers/sub and a receiver/amplifier. Let me...
  24. K

Suggestion for upgrade

Hey there! I was referred to this site after someone on PCPartpicker said that my speakers "made them sad" lol. Here is a link to my full PC build and my current speakers https://pcpartpicker.com/user/kmathieu2220/saved/BD6hMp (Klipsch 2.1 120w). Do you guys have any suggestions on a possible...
Back
Top Bottom