Search results

1. SpyderTracks

Fred @ Sam Records

Hiya Apologies if this has already been posted, but thought some of you may be fans. Fred at Sam Records has unfortunately been taken for urgent heart surgery, there's a default landing page on the website https://samrecords.fr/etiquette-produit/vinyl/ He has a friend taking care of the shop...
  2. SpyderTracks

Any Jeff Healey / Road House fans, this just announced

I'm a big fan of Jeff Healey, obviously stemming from the Road House soundtrack. For the 35th anniversary of the film, the Jeff Healey foundation along with Sony have given Mondo a license to do something pretty special. On the original soundtrack, there were only 4 of the Jeff Healey Band...
  3. SpyderTracks

Aaron Hibell

Firstly, I have no connection to this guy, other than wanting him to succeed as I love his sound. This guy is a bedroom producer I first came across last year when he put together a mashup of one of my favorite Hans Zimmer tracks - Time It's a mix of Calvin Harris x Disciples - How deep is...
  4. SpyderTracks

John Darko health issues

Don't know if anyones seen this yet The future of this channel... - YouTube I know he's a little chalk and cheese amongst the community, but personally I really value his insight and reviews, I love his work into building a DIY streamer and using Raspberry Pi's. Please show the man support if...
  5. SpyderTracks

What a find!

A work colleague of mine unfortunately recently divorced and so has just moved into his own place not too far from me. He's an audio nut as well, and once he's settled wants to build a system with a good record player and valve amp. His father and grandfather were both big amateur audio people...
  6. SpyderTracks

My first journey into Tube rolling

Hi all In august 2020 I finally picked up the tube amp I'd been lusting after for about 5 years and researching endlessly. It's a PrimaLuna Evo 100 Integrated, was way outside my budget so had been researching ChiFi alternatives nearer my budget, but managed to find an ex-demo unit that was...
  7. SpyderTracks

Anyone recommend some UK Tube stockists

Hi all Just wondering if anyone could recommend a reliable good quality Tube stockist in the UK or Europe. I'm just about to roll away from the stock tubes on my PrimaLuna Evo 100 Integrated for the first time. I wanted to get to know the stock tubes well before I rolled them, there was a...
  8. SpyderTracks

Opinion on Speaker Cables?

Hi all Firstly, I’m very new to all this, I’m just finishing off my system with some new bookshelf speakers and am looking for opinions on speaker cables. I’ve narrowed it down to 2 contenders and wondered if anyone had any experience with them? 1/. Kimber Cable 8PR 2.5m terminated with gold...
  9. SpyderTracks

Hugh Jackman in a Mac Listening Space

Hi all This was posted on another forum, and I thought it was so profoundly special it was worth sharing. Apologies if it's already been posted or is in the wrong place. This is Hugh Jackmans new Listening Space:
  10. SpyderTracks

Any experience with the Prima Luna Evo range?

Hi all I've been after a tube integrated for a while now, and after toing and froing from very sub par 10w offerings through to Yaqins, I've now landed on the PrimaLuna Evo 100 Integrated. Has anyone got any experience of these PrimaLuna's or their older models? I did do a search but there was...
  11. SpyderTracks

Anyone have any experience of a Yaqin MC-100B?

Hi all Firstly, let me explain my situation. I have a pretty limited budget. I started out my system setup being told by a digital sound engineer friend of mine that "ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING!!!", but as i've settled into my current system, I've found that my satisfaction comes from the warmer...
  12. SpyderTracks

Anyone got any experience with these isolation feet?

Hi all I've been looking into the various forms of isolation avenues. I've come across these which look superb, just wondering if anyone has come across them or their predecessors? IsoAcoustics OREA range http://www.isoacoustics.com/orea-bronze/ Predecessors were the ISO pucks. All the...
  13. SpyderTracks

First proper setup, hoping to last a while

Finally unwrapped the TT on Christmas Day, immediately set it up and let the platter spin and I'm bowled over by the results. I've never had a system capable of properly driving vinyl, and have little understanding of audiophile language so forgive me if the review is simplistic. Have had a...
  14. SpyderTracks

Newbie from London

Hi All Newbie to the forums and newbie to owning a record setup which I'm looking for opinions and advice on. Obsessed with music and this venture after years of planning and saving into the proper world of vinyl is not helping my obsession one bit! Can't help buying new and used records...
Back
Top Bottom