Search results

1. M

Sony STR 6120 ghost in the tuner section

Hey, Long story short. So I've got myself a beautiful mint Sony STR 6120. It's been laying in the shelf for half a year and until about a month ago I found some time to work on it. Now finally it's been fully recapped with thoroughout mostly with Panasonic low esr capacitors and Kemet in the...
  2. M

Marantz 2230 rework

I have worked on the 2230 during past months until today I was finally able to complete the work. Replaced all the capacitors, installed new Bourns trimmers for amp boards and new 1N4448 diodes where applicable (P400, P750). Worked the dial screen, removed the old vellum with new and installed...
  3. M

Maintenance for SP-X7000

Sansui SP-X7000, there are so many mixed reviews of SP-X line speakers. Anyway I had a chance to pick these up for the price of cereals. Was a steal, daylight robbery. Just watching how prices on these have skyrocketed, I just couldn't resist on them. Near mint condition, but quick listening...
  4. M

AU-4900 Stereo separation issue

I've got this great amplifier. I have fully recapped it with Silmic II caps and replaced some polyesters with polypropylenes on preamp etc. After recapping I put the amp into use for say 9 months or so. Mostly used on weekends only. It sounds wonderful, but lately I've become bothered by almost...
  5. M

Sansui 5000

Hi, Recently purchased a visually mint Sansui 5000 for a project. Before my question I have some background info here. It arrived to me with the infamous F-1040 driver boards fitted inside. I knew this before I made decision on attempting repairing the unit. Right channel driver board had...
Back
Top Bottom