Search results

1. W

Music Fidelity Repair around Michigan or nearby state

I've got a Music Fidelity A308 that has stopped working and need someone to take a look at it. I called up Gibson's in Roseville Michigan and they said they do not have any experience working with that brand of amplifier. Music Fidelity said I could ship it across the pond but I'll save that...
  2. W

Buying a whole collection

I have the opportunity to buy someone's whole collection. Roughly 500 records. Should I sit down and look through every single one or just buy them for a price of around 200$. I would do this strictly to flip these and try and make a profit. I'd figure even if there were 50 records in the...
  3. W

What are these?

I guess the re tilinears aren't for sale and they've just got the Marantz for 40$. I think I will go look at them
  4. W

What are these?

next question would be to ask if both sets of speakers are worth 60 bucks?
  5. W

What are these?

I'm going to look at these after work tomorrow. Looks like a set of 6 way speakers. Possible some maranta speakers in box and an orphan crazy looking speaker. Can anyone help identify the 6 ways? Or that other one?
  6. W

Hey not at all man. I've been way to busy to go back to the original file and do some editing...

Hey not at all man. I've been way to busy to go back to the original file and do some editing. Please by all means you can PM me here or email me at nathan.wernette@gmail.com. Thanks Wayne, Nathan
  7. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Yep, pulled the mid and high and checked them with a volt/ohm meter. No reading on them. When I initially plugged them in i didn't hear any sound coming from either speaker on the mid or high tweeter. Super tweeter is definitely working. that froze woofer is reading about 5 ohms and the other...
  8. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

I'm willing to ship to to the ATL
  9. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Yea it is a score in that parting them out will net me money. and tracking down replacement tweeters albeit not the correct tweeters will be just fine by me. whether they are hpm 100s or what not.
  10. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Also, these although i bought them for 50$ they are rough. The cabinets are water damaged on the bottom, the dampening material smells like weed, one of the woofers are stuck, and both tweeters (mid and high) are non working. I'm debating on parting them out. I can't afford to buy a new...
  11. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

where? Id like to see the ad.
  12. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Damnit. Sorry about that. That's what I get typing between classes and all. End the school year please forgive me. One mention of SUB woofer and people jumping all over me lol. My apologies.
  13. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Know of any?
  14. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Yes I think I need to take it in. These woofers are rare and I don't want ruin it with a diy thing. We have some great stereo shops around the area here in SE Detroit.
  15. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

They sound amazing. I had to plug in my Walsh 5's just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind in how well they were performing with one subwoofer down. The bass on the 150's is powerful yet clear. Not sure the mid tweeters were working but the super tweeters were definatly working. I've got...
  16. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Sound does come from the woofer. How can I fix that?
  17. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Thanks for the info. Holy cow. Just hooked these up.... My God these sound amazing. One of the 15in woofers are frozen. But with one good woofer and super tweeters for sure working these sound amazing!!!
  18. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Even with the rough cabinets??
  19. W

The State of the Art in Marantz restoration

Hey, Quick question. How did you fit the 25mm diameter mundorf caps to replace the main filter caps in your 2200b? Will a 25mm capacitor clamp work or does something need to be modified?
  20. W

Pioneer HPM 150 on CL

Should I? They look rough... Asking 50$
  21. W

Dead 2220B. What should I do?

Minimum is to replace all the caps in the phono, power supply, tone board, and power amplifier. But if it's working you can do one board at a time and continue to use it.
  22. W

Done! Just need some Dow 340 for the output transistors and some capacitor clamps for the mundorf cans I got. Glad I got some time today to do this !
  23. W

https://www.amazon.com/Weller-WES51-Analog-Soldering-Station/dp/B000BRC2XU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495127790&sr=8-1&keywords=weller+soldering+station this any good?
  24. W

Parts are almost all in. I think in need a new soldering iron. I've got a cheap 60W iron but i believe its TOO hot. I also ripped a pad off one of the boards while removing one of those tiny square posts. I'll have to use a jumper to connect it to where it was originally going. Here's...
  25. W

Also, when we are talking pots we are talking more than just the dials on the front. All the small ones on the boards as well yes? AND! THermal paste. what kind! Looking at putting an order in amazon today or tomorrow I need to fill out my cart for that free shipping :)
Back
Top Bottom