Search results

1. W

No resistance when turning knob

I bought some F100L and FaderGrease from DeoxIT. Should i put the F100L into the pot like I did with the D5 and then put the FaderGrease around the shack?
  2. W

The Idiot's Guide to Using DeOxit (revisited)

Hello, I am a beginner to this and I cleaned my Sansui A-555 with Deoxit D5 to clean my pots with today. After this i noticed that the volume and balance-knobs were not as nice to rotate anymore as they were before. It feels cheap and not as high quality anymore and this is something I wanted to...
  3. W

I saw that there is something called "Deoxit Fader Grease" and I'm gonna pick some up. But how do I use this? The same way as i used the 5 %er for cleaning? Which is insert into the wholes of the pots and on the shacks? Or will this damage the pots?
  4. W

I don't believe I have the skills remove them and therefore I don't dare to open the pots. Don't i need to solder them back on after? Sorry, but I'm really new to all of this and I'm grateful for your help guys
  5. W

I was cleaning my pots and spraying with DeOxit earlier today on my Sansui AU-555. Now my Volume and Balance-knobs rotate very easily with hardely any resistance, it's also a little "un-even" in the rotation and it doesn't give that quality feel anymore. I removed the knob and only rotated the...
  6. W

Vintage Sansui AU-555 Cleaning and a little fixing

Thank you for your answer and help. What I find is lacking in that thread is that there are no pictures of what things actually mean, which makes it a little hard for me since I am not a native English speaker.
  7. W

Vintage Sansui AU-555 Cleaning and a little fixing

Hello, I bought a Sansui AU-555 yesterday for 250 dollars. It's working although l'd still like to give it a nice clean-up and some DeOxit because there is a little noise from the volume etc. Since I am new to this I am wondering where and what I should spray. Can anything be damaged from it...
  8. W

Newly purchased vintage Sansui AU-555

Hello, I bought a Sansui AU-555 yesterday for 250 dollars. It's working although l'd still like to give it a nice clean-up and some DeOxit because there is a little noise from the volume etc. Since I am new to this I am wondering where and what I should spray. Can anything be damaged from it...
  9. W

Optonica SM-1616

Hey guys, what do you all people think of this amplifier? Is it as good as the SM-1515 which my friend has? I love the design of the Optonica but I'm not sure why the 1616 has 32 wpc and 1515 has 40 wpc for example. Is there a big difference between the two?
Back
Top Bottom