Search results

1. Svoad

Magnavox 9302 "razzed my berries!"

I have great luck at Goodwill. So far buying a concept 5.5, realistic sta-2100d, AR14s and a few pioneer pl-518s . Ohh and a Baldwin orga-sonic organ for dirt cheap. The console looked like this one. I didn't take any pics of it . I left it there at the store .
  2. Svoad

So before replacing all the caps and resistors I was getting 7 volts on pilot light . So I bucked transformer using the brown and white brown wires . Now I'm getting 6.4 volts. 6.4 is without the tubes in . It drops down to 6.1 to 6.0 volts with a tubes in . Is that normal ?
  3. Svoad

Yep I'm pretty excited about this little amp. Picked up some nice Walnut to make a base for it later today. Also picked up some Klipsch 3.2 from Craigslist 15 minutes ago . I pretty much kept this amp stock except for the coupling caps. Change them out to a .1 and 0.047 orange drops.
  4. Svoad

I was considering purchasing a tube amp off Amazon for my first tube amp. Then I started to read about these Magnavox tube amps. Searching the local thrift stores I found a 9302 . I spent the weekend changing out the resistors and caps. This little amp sounds pretty good on cheap speakers, well...
  5. Svoad

Baldwin orga-sonic

Thanks for that website. Both have the same numbers. Looks to be RCA . Year? 1961
  6. Svoad

Baldwin orga-sonic

Cool. Thanks for the info. This organ was a total impulse buy. I just purchased a Magnavox 9302 last week . I'm just waiting for a few parts to roll in and I'll be starting it this weekend . So I have tubes on my mind and I see this beast lol. I couldn't past it up for the price . I don't think...
  7. Svoad

Baldwin orga-sonic

Yeah, I definitely need more than the 4 years of high school electronics I had . I pulled everything out of the organ. I even found a 1964 silver quarter! Underside of the 51p amp .
  8. Svoad

Baldwin orga-sonic

I purchased this organ today from a local thrift store for the price of a pizza. The power cord is pretty frayed so unsure if it works. Any info on this amp Model 51-51p? I have never seen some many 12au7 and 12ax7. All of them labeled Baldwin but some are yellow and orange made in Japan and...
  9. Svoad

Thrift Store Music Hall MMF 2.1

I bought a MMF-2.1 today from a local thrift store for $8.20. It's in great condition except the dust cover has a few light scratches and it is missing a cartridge. Is it worth putting a new cartridge on it? How will it compare to a pioneer pl-519? Which is what I'm using now.
  10. Svoad

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

This has to my favorite for the last few months
  11. Svoad

What turntable did you buy for $10 or under?

I bought all these from goodwill on different days. All $10 and under. Pioneer PL-518 Pioneer PL-4 Technics SL-1300 came with a AT14sa cartridge Technics SL-j33
  12. Svoad

Audio technics cartridge id help.

I recieved my now stylus today and WOW! I'm surprised on how well this cartridge sounds.. I think I was expecting an at95 sound and it's not. I had a Shure m75ej on my turntable for a few months now and this At14 sounds cleaner to me. I think it was money well spent.
  13. Svoad

Thanks for the replies.. I purchased a NOS ATN13.. Should be here Tuesday! Can't wait to here what it sounds like..
  14. Svoad

What would be the better stylus for the AT14Sa? The LPGEAR ATN14 https://www.lpgear.com/product/ATN14.html or an ebay NOS ATN13 stylus that would fit the AT14Sa ? They cost about the same.
  15. Svoad

I scored a Technics 1300 turntable from goodwill today for $10.20. On the turntable was this gold Audio technica cartridge. Can any help me out with some info on this cartridge. The stylus is shot and will need to be replaced, if it's worth replacing.
  16. Svoad

Cambridge Soundworks Tower II

A friend is giving a set of Cambridge Soundworks Tower II speakers. Not many post or info on these speakers. I have been looking to upgrading my speakers and I was going to give these a try. As of right now all I have is a pair of acoustic research 14's that I reformed awhile back. Does anyone...
  17. Svoad

Pioneer Pl-518 Rubber mat

Thanks Monty. I haven't contacted ODP yet, but I don't see it as being a problem. I have emailed them in the past and they are very quick to respond. Your sink mat looks great! It's crazy what you can find at the $1 store.
  18. Svoad

Thanks Revox That is the first place I checked and is the place I purchased the platter mat that was too big. They listed it as a PL-518 but after doing some homework I discovered it's for the PL-514.
  19. Svoad

So after I purchased a Pioneer PL-518 off of ebay in great condition for $150 awhile back. Its just my luck after spending that money that I would run into this one at the local thrift store for under $10. The only problem is it's missing the platter mat. I purchased one online that said it was...
  20. Svoad

Realistic r25ed cartridge?

Thanks Malden. Just when I feel like I'm getting a handle on everything to know about a turntable, you throw out compliance. I just spent the last 15 minutes reading on my medium to heavy mass tonearm.
  21. Svoad

Thanks! I'm going to order a the jico stylus. Is it worth considering this? Or would I be better off spending my money on a new cartridge? https://www.jico-stylus.com/product_info.php?products_id=1585&osCsid=aplbpppo2sq5vs1htj93p7t8r6 I have a Pioneer PL-518 with a Stanton 681 EE with the...
  22. Svoad

I found a Realistic r25ed cartridge at a local thrift store on a Realistic Lab 55 turntable. I bought the turntable for the cartridge since it was only $6.98. So it wasn't a big lost if it's worthless. It looks like a Shure cartridge but wasn't sure if it was. Is it worth buying a stylus for...
  23. Svoad

Pioneer PD-59 info?

Thanks for the info. I hooked it up and it sounded better than the Pioneer dv-46av elite DVD I had hooked up, So it's my main CD player. When I first hooked it up, I thought it didn't work because I was playing the CD right side up. In a moment of desperation and as a last resort I flipped it...
  24. Svoad

Pioneer PD-59 info?

I bought a Pioneer PD-59 cd player from Goodwill a few minutes ago for $15.20. I'm at work so I have to look at it for the next couple hours before hooking it up. Did I get a good deal? Or does this unit look nicer than it sounds? It might replace a Pioneer dv-46av elite DVD if it sounds better...
Back
Top Bottom