Search results

1. Svoad

Magnavox 9302 "razzed my berries!"

I was considering purchasing a tube amp off Amazon for my first tube amp. Then I started to read about these Magnavox tube amps. Searching the local thrift stores I found a 9302 . I spent the weekend changing out the resistors and caps. This little amp sounds pretty good on cheap speakers, well...
  2. Svoad

Baldwin orga-sonic

I purchased this organ today from a local thrift store for the price of a pizza. The power cord is pretty frayed so unsure if it works. Any info on this amp Model 51-51p? I have never seen some many 12au7 and 12ax7. All of them labeled Baldwin but some are yellow and orange made in Japan and...
  3. Svoad

Thrift Store Music Hall MMF 2.1

I bought a MMF-2.1 today from a local thrift store for $8.20. It's in great condition except the dust cover has a few light scratches and it is missing a cartridge. Is it worth putting a new cartridge on it? How will it compare to a pioneer pl-519? Which is what I'm using now.
  4. Svoad

Audio technics cartridge id help.

I scored a Technics 1300 turntable from goodwill today for $10.20. On the turntable was this gold Audio technica cartridge. Can any help me out with some info on this cartridge. The stylus is shot and will need to be replaced, if it's worth replacing.
  5. Svoad

Cambridge Soundworks Tower II

A friend is giving a set of Cambridge Soundworks Tower II speakers. Not many post or info on these speakers. I have been looking to upgrading my speakers and I was going to give these a try. As of right now all I have is a pair of acoustic research 14's that I reformed awhile back. Does anyone...
  6. Svoad

Pioneer Pl-518 Rubber mat

So after I purchased a Pioneer PL-518 off of ebay in great condition for $150 awhile back. Its just my luck after spending that money that I would run into this one at the local thrift store for under $10. The only problem is it's missing the platter mat. I purchased one online that said it was...
  7. Svoad

Realistic r25ed cartridge?

I found a Realistic r25ed cartridge at a local thrift store on a Realistic Lab 55 turntable. I bought the turntable for the cartridge since it was only $6.98. So it wasn't a big lost if it's worthless. It looks like a Shure cartridge but wasn't sure if it was. Is it worth buying a stylus for...
  8. Svoad

Pioneer PD-59 info?

I bought a Pioneer PD-59 cd player from Goodwill a few minutes ago for $15.20. I'm at work so I have to look at it for the next couple hours before hooking it up. Did I get a good deal? Or does this unit look nicer than it sounds? It might replace a Pioneer dv-46av elite DVD if it sounds better...
  9. Svoad

Technics SL-J33 cartridge choices

I bought a Technics SL-J33 from goodwill in minty condition. This is my first linear tracker. It came with a Technics p153s cartridge. I'm pretty sure that the stylus needs to be replaced. Is this a good cartridge? Not much info on it. I also have a AT Series VIII without a stylus that I could...
  10. Svoad

Help id'ing Stanton cartridge

I purchased an elac headshell off ebay and it comes with a Stanton cartridge. But the cartridge doesn't have any markings except for a number engraved on the side X6127. Is there any way to figure out which cartridge this is?
  11. Svoad

Pioneer PL-A45 or Elac Miracord 50h II

I have an option of 1 of these 2 nice turntables. Both are in nice condition and cost about the same $75. The elac only comes with the Singal play post and doesn't have the strobe on the platter. Elac also comes with 2 cartridge but neither work. Stranton 681eee and an audio tech series VIII...
  12. Svoad

STA-2100d

Their is a Realistic STA-2100d at the local thrift store for $25. I plugged it in and it powers up but no sound. I have been wanting to try and refurbish an old stereo reciever. Would this be a good candidate to work on? Edit: I bought it. Not much of a gamble spending $25. I should of used...
Back
Top Bottom