Search results

1. 5

New blank AWR-054 pcb for SX-1010

I'm looking forward to replacing the original. With the amount of use it gets I've been expecting it to fail one of these days. Rick would it be possible to get the BOM for the components I need to purchase? I am placing an order with Mouser soon so I might as well order that too.
  2. 5

I actually ordered one this morning. Will probably touch base with you once I get it. I have a SX-1010 that I refurbished and want to keep it for a long time. Its on every day. My wife listens to it more than I do. I wish the board was available when I was working on it. The original PS is...
  3. 5

Hello all. I was searching yesterday and came across an ad on Ebay. The seller is selling blank power supply boards for SX-1010. They are not reproductions of the original but a new design that fits in its place. I was wondering if anyone has used one yet.
  4. 5

Sorry, first PM for me. I thought it would be sent as attachment in PM. Thanks jsealey@amtelecom.net

Sorry, first PM for me. I thought it would be sent as attachment in PM. Thanks jsealey@amtelecom.net
  5. 5

Hi Cuda. Thanks for responding. If you could send me the Excel file for the SX-727 BOM that...

Hi Cuda. Thanks for responding. If you could send me the Excel file for the SX-727 BOM that would be great. Thanks
  6. 5

Cuda's SX-727 Refurb Thread

Thanks Cuda. I'll PM you for the Excel file.
  7. 5

Cuda's SX-727 Refurb Thread

Hey Cuda440 how did your 727 turn out? I just purchased a nice looking champagne 727. Unfortunately the sound doesn't match the looks. I overhauled a 1010 with help from others on this site. It is used every day and sounds great. I hope to do the same work on the 727 but finding a complete bom...
  8. 5

Champagne faceplates, is there really such a thing?

I just purchased a champagne 727. Its pretty to look at but doesn't sound very good. Hopefully a recap will make it sound as good as it looks.
  9. 5

SX-3700

Marc have you tried Hardcore Electronics on Clark Road. I bought some with new socket pig tails a few years ago from a local kid that started a business selling LED's but he has since gone out of business.
  10. 5

SX-1010 Noise fix and refresh

I made a trade for a pair of B&W DM330s. One tweeter was blown but some micro surgery fixed it. I think I will run with these for awhile. They sound pretty good.
  11. 5

I just found the best SX-1010 on the planet

Were you able to haggle over the price or were you drooling to much? Nice find. Congratulations
  12. 5

Tonight I cleaned the pots and switches again and all the noises are gone. I hooked it up to my speakers in the house that were connected to my SX-3700. I thought that combo sound good but wow! What a difference! Only problem now is I need speakers that are worthy of the receiver. It sounds good...
  13. 5

I used the red Deoxit 100% flushed with contact cleaner then followed with the Gold 100%. I think I'm going to try and get some fader lube as the pots feel gritty after this treatment.
  14. 5

Yes I did it once already but I guess not good enough. I have DeOxit 100% liquid with the brush like nail polish. I put a few drops in and blew it around with canned air. Worked the switches and pots and then sprayed contact cleaner to rinse it out.
  15. 5

That was it! Many thanks Oldsansui441 and the others that chimed in. Pretty cool how someone on the other side of the world kept me from chasing my tail. I really didn't think that was the problem because it was noisy before I took it apart but that was the problem. Now I need to go over all the...
  16. 5

Actually I didn't have it on good catch Oldsan... I will try with it installed and see if that changes things. Will have to wait until tonight.
  17. 5

Most of all the connections have been soldered at one time. I think this problem has existed for awhile and previous owners have tried to fix or have it fixed. I will go through every connection and do as you say.
  18. 5

Yes I checked from where it is soldered on the incoming line to where all the ground wires are connected. 2.2 meg
  19. 5

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the resistor it's good. Tried turning the plug 180 degrees anyway and no change. I was hoping that was it. That would have been an easy fix. ☹️ I won't be able to work on it anymore until next week as we have plans for the weekend. I can borrow an...
  20. 5

Both channels equally No volume it is very slight but still there There with aux,mic,both phono cuts way down when -20db is pushed. Get some other scratchy noises when these are pushed. Hum goes way down when I touch the case or front knobs. I'm getting 26 mvac on 9 and 190 mvac on pin 8. No...
  21. 5

SX-838 - Rust / Corrosion on the Inner Body

I have a SX-1010 that I am working on. It has the same issue. It looks like it came from a smoking environment and high humidity. I have also heard that cats like to pee on them. Something about the warmth coming off them. My transformer cover was rusty and the area around it so this may be what...
  22. 5

Thought I should start a new thread as my BOM help thread changed into a request for help trouble shooting. I have replaced everything on the list except the transistors that attach to the heat sinks on the power amps and the power supply. Im still waiting for some to be delivered. I haven't had...
  23. 5

SX-1010 Rebuild BOM help

Started new thread
  24. 5

SX-1010 Rebuild BOM help

I have replaced everything on the list except the transistors that attach to the heat sinks on the power amps and the power supply. Im still waiting for some to be delivered. I haven't had any issues yet other than it still has a hissing noise or hum. The noise goes away if I pull the pre amp...
  25. 5

Transistors - How can i identify EBC based on schematic?

I think that is the case here. The board is so burned in the area of the transistors you can't see the symbol so I was going by the manual and data sheet.
Back
Top Bottom