Search results

1. rocknroll1

Western Electric 91E Integrated Stereo Amplifier

Has anyone posted about the Western Electric new integrated amp? It sure is a good looking piece and I bet it sounds awesome. At $15k it should. https://www.westernelectric.com/91e
  2. rocknroll1

AR 2 AX

I bought these for a son-law a couple of years ago and never really listened to them. So I am banished to my lake house ( yes throw me in the brier patch)withI COVID. I am listening to them with a pioneerSX 850 tru a Dennon link and a maverick DAC. I am really enjoying this setup/
  3. rocknroll1

COVID BOREDOM

So Monday I got a positive test for COVID. So my wife banished me to our lake house 30 minutes away. So 2 yaers ago I striped our lake house of audio equipment because of 7 grandchildren under 4. Long story short is, I bought my sun-in -law a vintage system 4 years ago before he had any kids...
  4. rocknroll1

Bryston amp 7B ST with Infinity RS 2.5

I was get ready to hook these up and noticed on the back it says to wire speaker in series for down to 4 ohm and parallel down to 1 ohm. There is a switch to pick one of them. The Infinity's 2.5 are rated at 4 ohm but I have read they drop lower. Is anyone familiar with this and which way would...
  5. rocknroll1

VPI TNT Turntable

I am trying to determine which model it is. The plate on the back just says T.N.T serial 771. It has the tripod 3 pulley system, silver spring loaded feet and 12 inch arm.
  6. rocknroll1

speaker popping

I have a set of JBL L300's. It has developed a popping in one speaker. It's not a constant popping but 1 or 2 loud pops every couple of minutes. Sometimes it looks like the woofer will jump out of the speaker. I am driving them with MC 30's thru a modwright swl 9.0 tube pre. I at first thought...
  7. rocknroll1

Speaker placement NS1000

I am ready to change my den system around. The only place for my speakers are in cabinets about 6.5 feet high (ceiling is 9 feet high) and 14 feet apart. The cabinets are 3' wide by 2' deep and very sturdy. I built a rack to slightly aim them down probably about 10 degrees. Currently I have...
  8. rocknroll1

MC30's Popping

I have a pair of Mc30's that have been refurbished by Audio Classics within the last 3 years. They are playing fine but one of them has a pop pop when 1st turning on. I did have a tube go bad just prior to this. I put in a new correct size tube. What is causing this ? I have to think it has...
  9. rocknroll1

hooking up ar2's

Hooking up a pair of AR2's and I have forgot how. What goes to 1 and what goes to 2 or T. 2 and T have a jumper going to between them. I used to know this. Thanks
  10. rocknroll1

Bel Canto e.one series

I am looking for a small footprint system and really like the Bel Canto e.one series. I am looking at 2 scenarios, 1) C5i integrated with the network stream (I read the DAC is nothing to write home about) or 2) Ref 500s stereo amp with Dac 2.7 and stream. #2 will cost a little more but with a...
  11. rocknroll1

Darts HT system

Has anyone heard the Darts system. I am kind of intrigued with this system. It comes with speakers and amp, you have to add your own processor. Each system is programmed to your room sq foot before it leaves factory. The speakers have no crossovers. Each driver is hooked up to amp that acts as...
  12. rocknroll1

Holy Cow

Auburn to the final 4 for the 1st time ever. We had to beat New Mexico St (only 4 losses all year), Kansas, North Carolina and Kentucky. No small feat. Oh and I listen to it on my McIntosh tuner to let some audio mention in here. I really did listen on the radio, CBS had sound troubles. WDE
  13. rocknroll1

Just now turned 61- 12:01 AM

So tomorrow is my birthday but we had all the kids and a few close friends over tonight to celebrate. Watched Auburn kick Kansas's ass, ate good food and drank a lot. My grandson just wanted to come to me (only grand dad's will get this)! So how much better can it get? So everyone's in bed and I...
  14. rocknroll1

Tube help

I have a VTL TL5.5 preamp early model with phone stage. It has 2 12ax7's and 4 12at7's. I am getting a loud hiss from all sources, it does not increase with volume knob. It's not so loud that I hear over the music but loud enough to hear without anything playing. I think I have narrowed it down...
  15. rocknroll1

Whats up with Barter Town

I can't see it. I think I renewed it not to long ago. I did try the subscribe button and it ask me to log but wouldn't let me. When I come to the web site I see my name and profile though. Anybody else having this problem?
  16. rocknroll1

Look what I won last night

Last night we attended a fundraiser for our local Art Museum. I purchased 3 $100 raffle tickets for use of a Jaguar F Type or F Pace for 1 year and they drew my ticket. I think I will go with the F Type. My wife drives a Buick Enclave so we have the SUV already covered. I can keep my truck and...
  17. rocknroll1

Anybody have a VTL TL5.5

I got one of these a partial trade on another preamp. I have this paired with mc30's, JBL L300's, VPI TT, D150 dac with Heos streamer and CDT. I believe it be a early version. I have a couple questions. With the volume only turned 1/4th of the way it will blow you out of the room, is this normal...
  18. rocknroll1

D150 digital preamp

I sold my preamp and am using my D150 until I replace it. I assume its ok to run my MC 30's thru the D150. Obviously it doesn't have phone pre or any analog inputs in it so I was wondering if the following would work in the meantime. I have a MP100 phono pre that I could go digital out to the...
  19. rocknroll1

C1100 and a subwoofer

I want to try a powered subwoofer with my c1100. How would I hook it up?
  20. rocknroll1

New speakers

I am wanting to upgrade my jbl l300's. I have a pair of mc601's with a c1100 pre. There are not any stores in my town and I will have to have to drive about 3 hours to Atlanta to listen to some speakers. I listen mostly to classic rock but enjoy female vocals and a little Motown. Room is18x25x8...
  21. rocknroll1

Help with Sony CDP-CE375

This is my father inlaws player. He asked me to take a look at it. It is a 5 cd changer. when you push play or open tray you get a error message. I was hoping that 1 of the cd's had come out of position so I took case of and they were fine. I then removed all cd's and pushed open and got same...
  22. rocknroll1

Infinity RS 2.5

Does anyone know if I Bi-wire (not bi-amp) these will I be bypassing the crossovers? I am thinking that would be a bad thing. Will I gain anything by bi-wiring? I just got these and trying to decide what speaker wires to use, I have both.
  23. rocknroll1

Awesome Christmas Commercial

Sorry if already posted
  24. rocknroll1

New to me Infinity 2.5

I just picked up a nice set of 2.5's. They are in pretty good shape but I do need to replace 1 mid. I already ordered and recieved it, just waiting to installe it. I have my Accuphase p400 that I plan to run them with in the shop. Would it be ok to run it with a refurbished sx1250 until I get...
  25. rocknroll1

What am I missing

I am new to streaming and have a few questions. My set up is Denon HEOS to McIntosh D150 via optical cable and also MacBook Air to d150 via USB. I am playing mostly tidal. All music is being played at 44.1k since HEOS doesn’t support MQA. But I read somewhere that if played from computer thru...
Back
Top Bottom