Search results

1. K

MC-2505 Problems after Re Cap

Hi all, Long time owner of my 2505 amp, (Got her in 1976, NEW.) I'm have a problem after rec capping. I had a couple of the electrolytic caps in wrong on the input pcb that blew some of the transistors. Replaced all of that stuff and the right channel seems to be working, however the left side...
  2. K

Pioneer RT-707 Tape path

Acquired a RT-707 off E-Bay last week, Sadly the seller didn't pack it good and the left spindle lock was broken off and the tape rides to high thru the tape path guides. Is there a way to adjust the entire tape transport so the tape rides correctly in the guides? Thanks Kelly in San Antonio
  3. K

Audio Grade or General use Caps

Want to start re-capping my new C26 that got off E-Bay that replaced my C24 and my 2505 that Iv'e owned since new in 74. , noticed on Mouser there is an audio grade section and a General use section. There are few and far between choices in the audio grade but found almost ALL I need in the...
  4. K

C24 Front Panel Switchs

Need some help procuring some front panel switches for my C24 pre-amp. It fell from a closet shelf, Luckily the glass is ok The ones locally have a short snout. Looks like there going be a devil to find and probably even harder to replace. Anyone know of a good source? Been lookin on mouser and...
  5. K

If it sounds GREAT WHY??

Was always told that if it ain't broke don't fix it. That said, I have a MC 2505 and a C24 that i've owned since 74. The 2505 was new and the C24 was used. I used this system for many many years. The amp went out after I did something stupid in the late 80"s. SO, up on a shelf it went and I got...
  6. K

Cerwin Vega CH-203

Hello Speaker Guru's I have a pair of CV CH-203 speakers that I bought many years ago. One of the crossovers is burnt up and I acquired another one that looks just like the one I need, however it says U-103 on it. Was wondering if it is close to the original one and will it work in place of it...
  7. K

Mcintosh 50-W2

Have had a 50-W2 that was given to me in 1975 when I was in the Air Force. It was being used for a PA system but they got a new system and were going to toss it. Well since I had and still have a MC 2505 and a C24, of course out of respect I took it.(YOU DON"T TOSS A MC). However I never did...
  8. K

McIntosh 50-W2 Amp

I Have a Mcintosh 50-W2 amp that was given to me when I was in the Air Force over 40 years ago. I've never tried to connect it, However I did plug it in once and the tubes did light up but that's as far as I went. because I don't have any on the input or output plugs.Does any one here know...
  9. K

Hello From San Antonio

Hello all, new dude here. Joined up because my brother who I think is a poster here turned me on to it. He came for a visit and took back most of my vintage stuff that has been shelved for 20 years. He is a big collector of any kind of vintage gear, and I mean BIG. However I kept my Mcintosh C24...
Back
Top Bottom