Search results

1. Randyshone1

Eico ST70 odd sounds.

I haven't tried testing the voltage from the power supply against the schematic and can get that started this weekend. I am planning to move the tubes around tomorrow and will report what happens. I have been looking to purchase an ESR meter to test the caps and I am also looking for an amp...
  2. Randyshone1

Eico ST70 odd sounds.

My mistake! I failed to place the decimal points. I apologize. Here are the actual readings according to my notes for each tube. Starting from the right side of the amp and going left. Tube 1 - .428 = Plate 0.71 = Cathode Tube 2 - .423 = Plate 0.65 = Cathode...
  3. Randyshone1

Eico ST70 odd sounds.

The amp hasn't been restored at all. The power supply and caps are original. The amp was given a clean bill of health when I bought it and now it's starting to make these noises.
  4. Randyshone1

Eico ST70 odd sounds.

The sounds are coming out of the right channel only. Same channel 7591's are running high. It's also the channel that the balance measurement if reading high. Thank you for your response.
  5. Randyshone1

Eico ST70 odd sounds.

Hi Folks, I hope you can help pin point this issue I am having with an Eico ST 70. I have attached a wav file of the sounds coming from the speakers. I have done some trouble shooting. 1. Clean and lube all the pots and switches. 2. Adjust the the balance pots. (I could not set channel 1...
Back
Top Bottom