Search results

1. Dscraggle

Fisher RS-2010 and Crown Amp?

Im looking to buy a very nice RS-2010 receiver that is local to me and from what i have read, most had nothing but good things to say about it. So im sold, id love to add it to my little collection. Over the weekend I ran into a smoking deal on a Crown CE1000 amplifier and EQ, along with 12...
  2. Dscraggle

Frazier F1330 CAT33

Are they worth buying for $20?
  3. Dscraggle

Frazier F1330 CAT33

I found this pair of Frazier F1330 CAT33 speakers for sale local to me and I havnt been able to find out anything about them. I did see they have a 8" speaker and I believe it is a coaxial. Are they any good? I can get them cheap I think and they look to be in good condition.
  4. Dscraggle

Frazier Speakers - Just a great little speaker.

I found a set of Frazier F1330s and they look like they're in great condition. Are they worth buying?
  5. Dscraggle

Inside my Pioneer SX-990

Plenty of cleaning to do....
  6. Dscraggle

Inside my Pioneer SX-990

I didn't mess with them at all. I spent my entire day off doing research and just getting all the information I can about cleaning and maintenance for my receiver. I'm way to quick to make a post asking a question instead of doing the work and looking for information. I'll try to refrain from...
  7. Dscraggle

Inside my Pioneer SX-990

And thank you to Audiokarma for all of the great information here. I'm a newbie to vintage audio and I'm learning a lot, I'm very much a DYI person and have my 990 in what looks like 100 pieces. This forum gave me the confidence to take a perfectly working receiver apart, now hopefully it all...
  8. Dscraggle

Inside my Pioneer SX-990

How in the world did I manage to post this without my question? I was up pretty late working on my 990, its apart bulb replacement and cleaning. My question is what are the dials for in the pictures? I didn't touch them just wondering what they do. Thanks for any input and I apologize for the...
  9. Dscraggle

Pioneer 66A, 77, or 99A

I'm going to see them all in person on Saturday and will go from there. I think from what I've seen the 99s would be the best investment if they're in good shape. I'm not afraid to do any they would need myself so hopefully they're not too bad. Thanks for the help everyone
  10. Dscraggle

Pioneer 66A, 77, or 99A

And the reason I want to stay pioneer is mostly looks, for some reason I dig the lattice grills and a set would look great in my living room. I know that's probably crazy but that's the reason
  11. Dscraggle

Integrated power or power amp SX-990

This is the set for sale local to me for $200 that appear to be in good condition but he said he's not sure all of the speakers work. So Im not quite sure what to think about them. And I want to keep it all pioneer mostly for appearance, for some reason I like the way they look.
  12. Dscraggle

Pioneer 66A, 77, or 99A

Finally got pics of the 99As and they don't look bad, but he said he's not sure all of the speakers work. He's asking $200 for them and almost every set I've seen for sale are bringing more than twice that. So in your opinion the 99s are the better of the 3? Let me know what you think of this...
  13. Dscraggle

Pioneer 66A, 77, or 99A

$100 will be my offer when I get to see them in person and from what I've seen on eBay and other sites a nice set of 66s go for at least that. I honestly thought his price was reasonable and I'm willing to pay that if they're as nice as they look in the pics. $120 doesn't go very far for a...
  14. Dscraggle

Pioneer 66A, 77, or 99A

I'm definitely leaning towards the 66s because of their size and because they are in A1 mint condition. He wants$120 for the pair and they do look really nice from the pics he sent me. I'll post pics of the 99s when I get them and go from there but I feel like they'd be overkill for my setup...
  15. Dscraggle

That's what I wanted to here. Here's a pic of the 66As
  16. Dscraggle

Oh OK that's good to know I appreciate the feedback. I just posted another thread about some speakers I found local to me and I have a feeling I'll be getting a pair of 66As. Thanks again
  17. Dscraggle

Pioneer 66A, 77, or 99A

I've been steady looking for a pair of nice vintage speakers for my SX-990 and I lucked out and found a guy local to me that has all 3 for sale. The 66a, 77s, and a pair of 99a. The 66A are super nice and $20 more than the 77s Wich are also really nice. The set of 99a need work, the cabinets...
  18. Dscraggle

Thank you for putting that in layman's terms for me, so basically if I use a power amp the power amp from my receiver will no longer be working and the only power output will come from the new power amp? If that's the case I'd need to get a power amp stronger than my 990 correct?
  19. Dscraggle

Marantz Imperial 7 Speakers

Yeah CV speakers never really appealed to me
  20. Dscraggle

Im looking for a good set of speakers for my SX-990 and also think of adding an amp for a little more power. My receiver has both pre amp and main amp inputs. Am I looking for a pre amp or a power amp and what's the difference between an integrated power amp and a power amp? There a lot of...
  21. Dscraggle

Also the same guy also has these Cerwin Vega AT-8 speakers that need new foam for 75$. I do t think I've ever even heard a CV speaker so Im asking if they're worth my effort
  22. Dscraggle

Good to know thank you everyone. I will send him a message and see about picking them up. Ill post some pics sheen I get them home
  23. Dscraggle

They look original
  24. Dscraggle

I'm pretty sure they are the original drivers and if tube surrounds are material will I be able to find them and replace them? Or would I have to use foam? Im handy enough to do all the work myself but have never owned a speaker with the material surround
Back
Top Bottom