Search results

1. Rob Thomas

Sony ICF-9740W

Wanted to share my new purchase with you guys. Not exactly Hi-Fi but a fun little radio. I know they sold the heck out of these little radios when they were made. My parents had one in the kitchen growing up, as did my grandparents. I remember it having good sound for what it was. This little...
  2. Rob Thomas

Dual 1228 Cart & Stylus Questions...

Hey guys, I have a 1228 that I bought almost a year ago. The unit plays very well aside from some small issues with the auto-return and sounds wonderful. As I have used it quite a bit I've been looking at replacing the stylus. It currently has an Audio Technica AT71E cartridge with an...
  3. Rob Thomas

How did you first fall in love with Fisher and what was your first model?

So in my reading many threads during my short membership here, I have been curious how everyone first fell in love with Fisher. I think it's amazing how so many different people can be pulled into a common fascination. This Fisher forum is no exception. I discovered Fisher via my father. Dad...
  4. Rob Thomas

iPhone to a vintage receiver...help!

Hey guys, I like many before, grew up with records and cassette tapes, then CD's and had recently (college) opted for the high convenience of Pandora, Spotify and MP3. Recently I decided I wanted a higher quality music experience. So I started with a restoration on a vintage receiver, then a...
  5. Rob Thomas

What is a good starter RTR?

What would be a good RTR for someone getting into tape and wanting a RTR that is well built, economical and fairly simple to operate?
  6. Rob Thomas

What is your ideal audio format and why?

I know this has been asked before. Thought we'd get a fresh look. I know that we can get passionate about our preference, whether it be Vinyl, Tape, CD or other digital means. With all respect, what do you use to play something in it's truest form and or when you want the sound to be how YOU...
  7. Rob Thomas

Fisher Cabinets?

Hello all, I was hoping for direction in finding a cabinet for my TA-800. I thought I had one lined up through McIntosh cabinets but he was unable to help me out. I've been keeping my eyes peeled on eBay and would prefer the quality of a custom made cabinet versus the thin factory one and even...
  8. Rob Thomas

Cleaning a brass faceplate..?

I know this has been touched on briefly in Don's excellent post about Fisher deep-cleaning, but as I am in the minority with a brass faceplate, what would you use that wouldn't inadvertently remove the lettering?
  9. Rob Thomas

TA-800 back from the shop...

I wanted to document the service as well as see if those who know more than I (everyone) can give these pics a once over for feedback. I recently got my 800 serviced from a tech my dad uses in Charlotte. I only know that he has brought multiple Fishers back from the dead my dad has collected. He...
  10. Rob Thomas

How do you attach your speaker wire?

Big time beginner question here; I'm sure there's a thread on this but I can't find it. My whole life I have stripped the speaker wire, twisted and wrapped the factory screw inserts on the receiver. I have heard chatter that this may cause issues and would love any feedback or instructions on...
  11. Rob Thomas

What turntable are you running with your Fisher?

I'm shopping around for a vintage TT to compliment my 800. I have been like a kid in a candy store on the TT forums here at AK and know there are a million opinions. I'm aware of the usual suspects such as Dual, Thorens, Garrard, Technics and such but wanted to see what my Fisher brethren prefer...
  12. Rob Thomas

Opinions on quality speakers on a budget...

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and appreciate all of the knowledge that's shared here. Hoping ya'll can help point me in the right direction. I have a Fisher tube amp (T/A 800) That was recently gifted to me from my dad. It's currently getting an overhaul to bring it up to speed (recapping...
  13. Rob Thomas

Speakers, subwoofer...

Hello guys, I'm new to this forum and really appreciate the combined knowledge of this group. I have a Fisher T/A 800 that was gifted to me by my father who has 3 or 4 units. I grew up with an old tube Zenith in my bedroom and so coming back to the tube sound is nostalgic as well as a huge step...
Back
Top Bottom