Search results

1. KevleB74

Cerwin Vega AT-15 Wow!

Crown PSA-2 is what’s driving them on a 4ohm Load .. have the HED 15s on one channel 4ohm And the AT-15s on the other channel. Useing a 2230 Marantz as a preamp .. I don’t believe it’s a power supply issue ..
  2. KevleB74

Cerwin Vega AT-15 Wow!

3. KevleB74

Cerwin Vega AT-15 Wow!

Any of you peeps, ever have the high end drop out? It as if the crossovers can’t handle that wattage ? Not really sure where to start... I have a set of HED 15s and a set of AT-15s that are perfect . I can play them all .. yet when you run them for a 10min hard play. The high end falls out...
  4. KevleB74

Vintage Stereo Receiver suggestions.

Okay. New question. Marantz 2230 as a preamp ? Got my mitts on crown PSA-2 .. 200 Watts x2 .. can I use the marantz pre outs to run thru the crown and drive my Vega’s home ?
  5. KevleB74

Very true, seems that the vintage stuff has gone crazy. I know some are not big fans of the cerwin stuff.. some dislike Marantz.. I myself just want to be able to power the vega’s with some true power. Marantz 50watts out of a 1979 receiver just isn’t going to cut it .. suggestions on brand...
  6. KevleB74

New to the game, I’m trying to match a good vintage receiver to a set of TA-15 Cerwins, also have some vintage HED Cerwins . Anyone here a ny suggestion on a receiver strong enough to push 4 15s “tried a SR4000 Marantz and it’s a pos ..
Back
Top Bottom