Search results

1. Shaun b

Marantz Model 240 Amp

I picked up a Marantz Model 240 last week. It blows the main fuse as soon as it is powered on. I have replaced the OT;s already but I get varying voltages when testing them. Does anyone know what they should be or have a copy of the service manuel where the photos are not blacked out ? All the...
  2. Shaun b

FISHER X-100 TUBE AMP PROBLEMS

Good morning all, a couple days ago I came across my first piece of tube gear, the X-100. The price was so good I didnt even ask if it worked, and of course it didnt since Im posting here. I hooked it to a dim bulb tester first and it showed no shorts so I proceeded to test it further. once...
  3. Shaun b

Marantz Model 240 Troubleshoot

Good Evening All, I came across a model 240 a week or so ago at a yard sale and picked it up without even asking if it works because of the price. Once I got it home and hooked up, I discovered it was blowing the main fuse on the back of amp as soon as power is supplied. I had enough brand new...
  4. Shaun b

Philips AH-787 Info?

Does anyone happen to know a replacement part number for the output transistors on a 787? The originals say” Toshiba 161-6 then under that GR841. There are 4 of them. I can’t find any info on them and was curious if anyone here has a Philips and knows a replacement part number or the values of...
  5. Shaun b

Help needed- Sansui 9001

Hello to everyone. A couple of days ago I stumbled across a big one, the 9001. I’m embarrassed to say what I paid but it was pennies really. For the price, I didn’t even ask if it worked. I got it home and have it a good cleaning, cleaned pots with deoxit and let it dry over night. Next morning...
  6. Shaun b

Pioneer SX-440 No Sound...HELP

I picked up a SX-440 a couple of days ago for 10 dollars. After cleaning everything including deoxit on the pots, and replacing bulbs, I powered it on. It came on and bulbs worked, however that was the end of the good news. I get no sound from speakers or headphones. There is 110 volts at...
  7. Shaun b

Kenwood KR-9400 Multiple Issues; Help Wanted

A while back I posted this problem but life happened and I had to focus on something else for a minute but this weekend I decided to look at this thing again. I will tell you what I know and then I hope someone can/will help me get this beast going, so here we go..... When I first got this...
  8. Shaun b

NOS? Electro Voice stylus? What do I have

Hello all, I have what I’m guessing is a bunch of old new stylus from Electro voice. All shapes and sizes. The all have part numbers but they don’t tell me what they fit other than a couple Pickerings that fit a MK2. Some of the models I have I will list below. There are anywhere from 50-60...
  9. Shaun b

Help! No sound from KR-9400

hello all. I tried this post in Kenwood forum without much response so I thought I would try here. Picked up a KR-9400 for a song last week. I hooked it to a DBT first and it showed no shorts. I powered on but I got no sound including headphones. I have checked all fuses and ground wire to...
  10. Shaun b

KR-9400 problems with protection.

How’s it going everyone? I need some help with KR -9400. I bought one yesterday at a moving sale for 30 dollars. I couldn’t believe it when I saw the tag. Anyway I hooked it to a dbt and it shows no short. So I used deoxit on pots and let dry. I powered it on and it will not come out of...
  11. Shaun b

Pioneer RT 1020L

hello all, I recently got a new to me Pioneer 1020L RTR, my first. It is in great condition and the owner still had all original paperwork and box. Last night I started to make my first tape and after a couple songs, I decided to listen to the tape to see what it sounded like. It sounded great...
  12. Shaun b

Marantz 2275 repair help

Hello all. I could use some help from those who are able. I have a 2275 that I picked up very very cheap. Cosmetically it's minty, but the insides need some attention. When powered on, protection never comes on. So I started looking around and on the right output board I found at least part of...
  13. Shaun b

Kenwood KA7100. Help

Picked up a KA7100 week or so ago. It worked fine for a couple days. One morning I turned it on and it blew a fuse. I replaced it and it did it again. F3 fuse - 250v 4a. I was hoping someone smarter than me which is most of you, could advise me on where to start looking. I'm quite comfortable...
  14. Shaun b

Phillips 787 Receiver

would anyone happen to have a service Manuel for Phillips 787 receiver? I have not been able to find one other than one people are selling for 12-15 bucks. That's 2 dollars more than I paid for the receiver and I can't bring myself to do it. Right channel is weak so it needs some attention. If...
  15. Shaun b

Kenwood KA-7100 Output Transistor

Hello all. I picked up a Kenwood KA-7100 Amp and a KT-7500 a week or so ago. Worked fine for a couple days. Yesterday, the amp would not power on. I found out the F3 fuse was blown so I replaced it and as soon as I powered on, it popped the new one. So I removed bottom to look at OR's and all...
  16. Shaun b

Sansui GRX5500

picked up a 5500 today and was going to clean it up a bit(filthy), however I can't get faceplate off. I have done this numerous time with my 'big' Pioneers several times with no problem. All nuts and knobs and screws have been removed but on the left side of faceplate where power button is, it...
  17. Shaun b

Phillips High Fidelity Lab

i was given a phillips 22ah787/44 reciever but cant find much about online. Any opinions on it or any owners with info? Thanks in advance.
  18. Shaun b

Multible speakers?

Ok I know to all of you this might be a stupid question but I havent messed with this kind of stuff before so bare with me. I have a Lower end technics reciever model number SA-GX290 that someone is letting me borrow tilli can get one. I have had a pair of Polk Rt7 speakers for a while that have...
Back
Top Bottom