Search results

1. Rivercat

ISO RSW15

I’ve just started looking a bit. I’m in south central MT. I’m not in a big rush, I’ll run the one sub until I find a second. I’m just now finishing my basement. Just figured I’d start looking now.
  2. Rivercat

ISO RSW15

I’m looking for an RSW15 in working condition. Not too worried about what color or finish it is, just a working sub. I’m building a 5.2.4 home theater type setup and I already have one RSW15, I’d rather pair it with another than start over and get two inferior subs. Not in a huge rush by any...
  3. Rivercat

Found some RF7’s and other goodies

And the RF7’s. This is really the reason I bought the whole setup, I really just wanted these. Overall I’m very happy with how they turned out. I’d really love to find some grills and they’d look near mint. The pushed in dust caps are annoying to see, but the speakers sound great, My wife might...
  4. Rivercat

I frankly didn’t have high hopes for the RC7 due to the condition it started in. I was able to find a replacement driver for $60 and then just painted the front chipped sections black, so from a distance it looks good, but up close you can still see it’s chipped. If I could find a good...
  5. Rivercat

The RSW15 is the best piece. My dad is the lucky recipient of this one at the moment. I literally have no space to use this right now, and my dad has a great setup where it has a place. He has a pair of La Scala’s and RC62 center in the basement for movies and football, so this fits right in...
  6. Rivercat

I kind of forgot I started this thread. Might be time for an update. I refinished everything. It all turned out pretty good actually. Even the RC7 is better than I thought. The only problem with it is that I sanded a bit too much and it shows. All of the scratches in the RSW15 and RF7’s came...
  7. Rivercat

So I figured I’d share my recent acquisition. I just picked up a pair of RF7’s, a RSW15, RC7 and an Onkyo Receiver. All for $450, and $50 of that was me paying the guy to hold on to them for 3 weeks before I could pick them up. The RF7’s are in good, not great shape. Some surface scratches on...
  8. Rivercat

Yamaha YP-B4 question.

I have the opportunity to get a fully restored, near mint Yamaha YP-B4 for $125. My current TT is a Pioneer PL-55X that I've had zero issues with. Question is two pronged, $125 a good deal on the YP-B4? And would that be worth it to replace the Pioneer with this? From what I can tell, they're...
  9. Rivercat

Upgraded Garage Receiver

Had to share my updated garage setup. Both my speakers and receiver that I had setup in the garage were free. They made it all day at a yard sale without being grabbed and as I was driving by the house in the late afternoon, there was a small pile off stuff with a free sign. I saw some...
  10. Rivercat

Vintage VS Newer Yamaha's

Just curious, what problems popped up with the CA-1010? That is what I'm running and I love it. My dad bought it new back in the 70's and ran it for 40+ years. I acquired it when he went with more of a home theater receiver to run both his tv system and TT setup. All I had to do is have a cap...
  11. Rivercat

PL-55x cartridge

I recently acquired a PL-55x, which was a huge upgrade to my AT LP60 that I started with. The table is in mint condition and the guy I bought it from put a new AT95E on it that had less than 10 hours on it when I bought it. It's a solid cartridge that I don't plan on replacing anytime soon, but...
  12. Rivercat

Dual CS 630Q opinions

Thanks for the reply, I haven't been to the dollars and sense section, I'll make sure to put this kind of stuff there.
  13. Rivercat

Dual CS 630Q opinions

Ok, adding one to the mix. How about a Sansui P-50? I can get one for $25, supposedly works but I wouldn't be able to test it before buying. Seems like a heck of a price, but it doesn't look like they go for too much more on eBay.
  14. Rivercat

Dual CS 630Q opinions

That's kind of what I was thinking. I realize the AT table I have now is not exactly high end or anything resembling it, so I wasn't sure how many people on here would have experience with it.
  15. Rivercat

Dual CS 630Q opinions

I'm not sure if the stylus could be replaced, I'm just going off of what the current owner said, that the whole cartridge needs to be replaced. The table looks to be in very good condition. The reason I'm looking at the omega is purely cost, if I went that route, I'd be $95 into this table, if I...
  16. Rivercat

Dual CS 630Q opinions

Does anyone have any experience with the 630Q? I can get one for $60, but the cartridge needs replaced so I'd probably go with the Ortofon Omega for $35, so I'd be in to this turntable for $95. I currently have a basic Audio-Technica LP60 that I'm looking to upgrade from. I'm wanting to get...
  17. Rivercat

Cheap 2 channel set up question

Well that's what I get for second guessing and hesitating, I went back to grab it today and it's already gone.
  18. Rivercat

Cheap 2 channel set up question

I have a simple question/looking for input on a cheap setup. I currently have a pair of Bose 2.2 series 2 speakers for my garage setup hooked up to a JVC RX-309. I got both of these from a yard sale in the free pile. Everything sounds great and I have absolutely no complaints, it's more than I...
  19. Rivercat

Yamaha YP-D8 and a moving coil

It was as simple as the wrong connection. I originally had it hooked up through the phono input which was clearly wrong. I then went to the Audio 1 input and it still didn't work. What I didn't see in small lettering was the "to TV" that was under the Audio 1 inputs. I just had to go one over...
  20. Rivercat

That may be it, it is hooked up to the phono currently. I did try going to one of the other inputs as well and didn't get any sound at all, but now that I think back on it, those may have been AV inputs meant for additional DVD players, etc. I'll have to go back and try on aux meant for stereo only.
  21. Rivercat

I'm not in front of it right now so I'm going by memory, but there are two inputs on the preamp, one for MM and one for MC with a switch I between them to pick which input is being used as well as a place for the ground. There is one pre out from preamp that goes to the receiver. It is...
  22. Rivercat

Coming back to here for some advice/trouble shooting. After talking to the needle dr in MN, my dad ended up going with the Hana MC Elliptical cartridge, which is a low output cartridge. We hooked it up without the preamp, just directly from the turntable to the phono stage on the receiver, it...
  23. Rivercat

On the Oc9, I see there is a version 2 and now a version 3 both available. Does anyone have experience with the new version? Turntableneedles.com has version 2 on sale for $350 from $400, but version 3 is on sale for $490 from $800, so based purely on msrp, seems like the version 3 might be...
  24. Rivercat

Looking to keep it under $500 for sure. If I can find something that is highly rated for more in the $300 range, that'd be great.
  25. Rivercat

Thank you for the input on this, I forgot to add a few details that gives people a little more info. The receiver is a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1060 with an NAD PP-e2 preamp. This preamp does have both a MM and MC setting.
Back
Top Bottom