Search results

1. Sethbramwell

What I learned on Craigslist

Wow. Time to set the crack pipe down.
  2. Sethbramwell

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Not a thrift store find, but i saw this on the side of the road yesterday on my way home from work and it was still there today. Had to pull over and grab it. Yamaha YPT-300. Dirty and beat up, but still working after a quick clean. Here it is before and after the wipe down.
  3. Sethbramwell

My savers routinely goes that nuts with stuff in the case. I normally don't give it a second thought but I saw it last Thursday on 25%off day and mulled it over, did some research, and decided that if it was still there by half off Monday I'd grab it. I wasn't able to go until after work and I...
  4. Sethbramwell

It's multivoltage for 100 or 120 vac. It's an American model
  5. Sethbramwell

Yep, sadly . Going by research, they go for 600 to 1000.
  6. Sethbramwell

Picked up a Nakamichi 610 preamplifier, circa 74 or so at savers last night for 200 after half off.
  7. Sethbramwell

Not audio (kind of)... Picked up a Dell OptiPlex 3050 Desktop PC from my GW Outlet last week for about $15.00 (paid by weight hiding it in a bag as they are technically not allowed to sell computers) on a hunch. Turned out to be about 3 years old and in working order. It was a step up from...
  8. Sethbramwell

Found this Behringer UB1202 mixer at my local deseret industries thrift. It had a damaged tag that looked like it was 20-something dollars. I took it up to a manager who's always pretty awesome and he shrugged and said "it's pretty old... two bucks ok?" I ordered a 20 dollar power supply for...
  9. Sethbramwell

Surprised to find this one... Grateful Dead Movie Soundtrack on 5 cds, $2.00
  10. Sethbramwell

Realistic LAB 90 Turntable - Thoughts?

Thanks for the information! Oddly enough, I'm watching one of your videos on YouTube right now.
  11. Sethbramwell

Realistic LAB 90 Turntable - Thoughts?

I think so. It was a cute little turntable but I just couldn't find much use for it. I let it move on.
  12. Sethbramwell

Picked up a matching pair of Optimus STS 50 bookshelf speakers at Salvation army for 1.99 for the pair. Haven't tried them yet but the foam surrounds are intact and the wood looks great.
  13. Sethbramwell

Picked up a Yamaha RX-V361 at the goodwill clearance center today for 4.99. A bit rough but nothing too bad. Once I clean it and test it I will probably flip it locally. It sounds good so far! The only thing I don't get is that it had the original Goodwill retail tag on it marked at 44.99 and it...
  14. Sethbramwell

What I learned on Craigslist

"No need for pic, you know what it is" Yeah, that doesn't raise any red flags at all...
  15. Sethbramwell

Stopped by Savers tonight and found this ion jukebox iPod dock with a line in option. $5 after half off. Somebody had tested it before me but must have just grabbed and tried the first plug they saw because it fit. It needs 12 volts and 3 amps and there was a 3 v, 100mA supply plugged into it by...
  16. Sethbramwell

Not goodwill or any other thrift store! I was driving to Walmart the other day and saw this Sony hcd-mx500i laying on the median. I had to run back and rescue it. It's beat to hell and has issues, including the fact that the tuner and CD player do not work, but the iPod dock and line input both...
  17. Sethbramwell

Finally replaced my cassette deck with a Sony TC-WE475 from a local thrift for $10.00. It plays beautifully and only needed a light cleaning.
  18. Sethbramwell

Newbie to tube audio here with Tube R2R questions:

Just to give an idea of the wiring situation...
  19. Sethbramwell

I'm assuming bad caps, but I'm afraid to poke around that rats nest of wires. It's a mess down there with no circuit boards.
  20. Sethbramwell

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant I had 2 Russian 6BM8 tube equivalents on the way. I mixed up my numbers.
  21. Sethbramwell

Thanks, I already had them downloaded. My problem is the mess of wires in the underside. There's no rhyme or reason down there
  22. Sethbramwell

Thanks for the input! I've cleaned and re-lubricated it and mechanically it seems to be working well. I cleaned the contacts for the switches, pots, RCA and plug jacks, and the tube sockets. I was mostly worried about the sparking as most things I read online recommend replacing any tube that...
  23. Sethbramwell

Hi everyone, I picked up a Roberts 1725 tube Reel to reel recently (My first tube deck, I was curious) and it was missing two tubes (2x ECC81). I was able to find them for not too much online and they came in on Saturday. Plugged them in and the deck somewhat works! The speed started off a bit...
  24. Sethbramwell

The clearance centers can take donations directly. I suspect that's how some of the best stuff gets under the radar.
  25. Sethbramwell

I got my Sansui 8080db that way from the clearance center for 3 bucks in nearly pristine condition. I couldn't believe it as they are usually are at least missing knobs. I also found my heavy Technics SL-QL1 there (with a TON of dust on it) for 1.99. This was about 5 years or so ago, but...
Back
Top Bottom