Search results

1. rsmcatskills

Sx-1250 refurb completed - thanks for help

My sx-1250 refurb is now complete and I'm very satisfied with the beast. I just wanted to thank everyone here for the help and advice - this is truly a great site with a wealth of info and just plain fun advice. From Bob in Catskill who donated some 1845 transistors when Mouser was out to Mark...
  2. rsmcatskills

Broken wires between flat and ctrl amp sx-1250

During the refurb 3 of the interconnect wires between these two board broke from fatigue right at the base of the wire wrap. Not enough wire to re-wrap. What is the preferred fix - I'm figuring the answer will depend on the intent of restoration . Whether I am looking for originality or if I...
  3. rsmcatskills

Cleaning Pushbuttons on sx-1250 (and others)

I'm in the bowels of the beast now cleaning the switches. Those pushbutton function and filter switches are a challenge and I walked away after completely ripping apart 1 of them saying I don't think I ever want to do this again. But, it was a learning experience. Can I assume that that is...
  4. rsmcatskills

sx-1250 front boards & disassembly

Ok, easy boards done so I moved to the front. Got some questions and contrary to my usual approach I'm open to advice. Id rather get some advice from someone that been down this road rather than screw up this beautiful machine. ( and waste a whole lot of time). 1. do the lever type switches...
  5. rsmcatskills

Plastic standoff under awr-107 PS board sx-1250

Broke both of those white standoffs when lifting that board. Does anyone knw where they can be got, What a PIA that board is and I haven't even got to the front boards yet.
  6. rsmcatskills

Yet another sx-1250 protection troubleshooting problem

OK , got parts to do my recap and restoration. Initial stopping gate was that one channel would intermittently have -50v dc offset. I figured I'd do both power amps, recap and replace the recommended transistors and pots . Did that. Now I can set my dc zero perfect. One of the 2 transistors...
  7. rsmcatskills

Looking for opinion on replacement for KSC1845FTA (sx-1250 list)

Got most of my parts for the 1250 refurb but KSC1845 is back ordered for months. I have spent a good deal of time looking for alternative and think I have settled on KSC2316YTA. Wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this choice - or a better candidate.
  8. rsmcatskills

Re-cap list for sx-1250

I just pulled my old sx-1250 out of the attic and have decided to take the winter and refurb it. I see a lot of recap lists here and was wondering if anyone is aware of the location of an up to date one in excel. Went to adjust offset and right a way c5 on the Power amp board is leaking -( as...
Back
Top Bottom