1. disisme

My Marantz 2245 challenge

Great tip.
  2. disisme

Only both speaker with mono

Thanks mbz just what I need.
  3. disisme

Oh and here she is sitting sweet. And as I sit uploading the photo the left side is cutting out again, guess I need to do a bit more research for cleaning with the Deoxit D5.
  4. disisme

Ok before doing the test I did as I was told and exercised the balance and mono dial and button and all the channels are now working ,well except for the phono which is extremely staticky. I tried the in’s on the Main as well and both speakers separated and played as I switched them from one to...
  5. disisme

Ok so just to be clear the pre out in your pic is not needed and I’ll be connecting my phone with tunes on it into the Main in only?
  6. disisme

thanks yes I do have one of these , but where exactly do I plug in the rca ends?
  7. disisme

I don’t have the wood case but I will check the screw lengths . I’ll see if I can find one of those large headphone jack adapters .
  8. disisme

Thanks Bob I plan on pulling the top cover on my days off and see if I can identify what you’re referring too. I have been in it before to replace the transistors and one of the resistors that was blown. Lynn
  9. disisme

Thanks guys , I’ll try all the inputs including radio ,but I think it’s the same on all inputs . What exactly is involved with cleaning the pots and switches? Do I basically remove the outer cover and spray behind the switches?
  10. disisme

Hi guys , my Marantz 2245 has been in storage the past couple years as I was using the 2238b system but I had passed it on to a family member and now I hooked up the 2245 and tried it with a CD player, I get no speaker on the left with the mono button turned off and when I turn mono on I do get...
  11. disisme

Realistic given to me

Thanks guys this is all great info as usual , yes I do have a dbt, you guys instructed me to make one when I was waking up my old Marantz. I haven’t had a chance to do anything with it yet. I had moved things around in the house and installed new led lites in the rec room so even my Marantz...
  12. disisme

Realistic given to me

Hey thanks guys , I’m actually quite surprised with the high praise I’m now reading about these receivers, I had the feeling it was a good one as soon as I lifted it and felt the weight saying vintage. I will pull the cover and make sure it’s not built up full of dust.
  13. disisme

Realistic given to me

Hi folks I was offered a Realistic sta 2000d receiver for free and couldn’t resist. I haven’t tried powering it up yet , wanted to hear from you audio peeps if I should just power it up and see what happens or what’s the advice. Looks to be well aged and is looking like it’s just missing a...
  14. disisme

Show us your Motorcycles

Polaris learned lots alright, they learned how to make the best riding and handling bike out there and that they were so well made and easy to maintain that they were'nt going to make much of a return on service.
  15. disisme

Infinity Q A Speakers

Power output: 30 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo) Speaker load impedance: 4Ω to 8Ω Someplace I had recalled reading that 4 ohm may not be the best thing for the old Marantz receivers because of the low resistance and may damage the receiver , is this accurate or did I read it incorrectly?
  16. disisme

Infinity Q A Speakers

Hi everyone, today in our classifieds I see a set of Infinity Q A Speakers for sale, guys asking $40 . These speakers were made in 1977, I wanted to know what to look for when viewing them ? I'm hoping they would mate up nicely with my Marantz 2230. Thanks for any input
  17. disisme

Yamaha NS-A1035 info

Thanks for the info.
  18. disisme

Need a bit of help right no sound

Ok rechecked all cables then unplugged and replugged the DAC to the Aux and it worked although the sound level seems to be quite a bit lower than with the cd player volume. But hey at least nothing is broke.
  19. disisme

Sorry it took so long to come back. I checked cables and it would appear to be problem with DAC. I connected up an old Sony cd player with same cables direct to Marantz and both channels are playing good. Is it possible its a setting in Foobar 2000?
  20. disisme

Thanks I will try that, working tonight but will try tomorrow and report back. Obviously it has to do with dac cables seeing as Fm works as it should ?
  21. disisme

Thanks mbz, really didn't think it was unit , but you guys as always are great confirmers. I'll check into it.
  22. disisme

Thanks petehall347 for input, I switched them and its doing same thing now but on the opposite Speakers.
  23. disisme

Just looking for a bit of insight as to what may or may not be a problem on my Marantz 2238B. Here's whats happening, when listening to music using Foobar2000 from my laptop,USB cord going from laptop to dac then to Marantz. If I turn Balance all the way to Right side on reciever I get no...
  24. disisme

CD player problem

Turns out the electronics are shot , the cpu or something like that. Took some time, the shop contacted the manufacturer for the needed part and its not available. Looks like this will be a shelf orphan.
  25. disisme

My Marantz 2230 Rebuild Thread

I have everything I need as well to start my project but it's sure hard to get going with summer chores and riding season here.
Back
Top Bottom