Search results

1. Rococo

Room size needed for Cornwall or La Scala

I've got an oddly shaped room 14 ×20 that's the only one that I have to choose from... all others being occupied by children. It's a converted formal living room and dining room with a hallway open to one side that's about 6 × 20. My ceilings are 9 feet. There are two short walls about 9...
  2. Rococo

Gifted a Magnavox Tube Amp, need information

Will do, using it 3.2 until I find some Cornwall that I can afford
  3. Rococo

Thanks, hooking it up to a pair of Kg 3.2. How would I identify the ohm of my output transformers? Going to connect my receiver to it and use as preamp so i can use my TT I'm assuming that these connections in photo are for left and right speaker. . what should I be running to the ground?
  4. Rococo

Evening everyone, I was given a magnavox tube amp by my wife for my birthday. She's heard me talking about how cool i think they are and took a chance. Bless her. I don't have the heart to tell her I know nothing about them. Only ever had SS gear. She got it off the auction site i believe...
  5. Rococo

Fortes a worthwhile upgrade from kg 3.2?

Thanks everyone, went to look at them and they were pretty beat up as compared with the pictures and description. I passed this time, I've been holding out for Cornwalls anyway... maybe some will come on the local auction site in the next five or so years :-)
  6. Rococo

Thanks all, I've been holding out for some Cornwalls...maybe I'll give these a shot.
  7. Rococo

Hi all, I have the opportunity to pick up a pair of Forte's at a good price. Only problem is I already have a great pair of kg 3.2 s and I'm not sure if the upgrade will be noticeable with my setup. Currently, I am running a Marantz 2238B with a pair of kg 3.2 and kg 1, AR XA. Primarily...
  8. Rococo

New here, in deep with Yamaha CR-1020

Was able to give it a good test the other day True to what you all said it took a lot of juice to get the needles to dancing... But they do work. If there is a way to set sensitivity in all ears but likely not young to pop it back open for awhile
  9. Rococo

Jelco JL-45 Cueing Device integrated with AR XA DIY

Awesome, what was the final height for the wood puck you finally dialed in? Merry Christmas
  10. Rococo

Remove Yamaha CR-1020 silver vent?

No, I'm talking about those that hide the tuner lamp. Just want to change the bulb but man are they in there tight.
  11. Rococo

Thanks, yes 5mm or 7/32 will do it. I thought i had the smallest nut but didn't realize was missing the 7/32, found it. It did the trick. Now, I'd i could only get the screws loosened on the tuning dial...
  12. Rococo

Edit: Im a dummy and didnt realize i was missing my 7/32 ratchet. That did it. Damn the glue on the second one was tough. Im sure this is our there somewhere but i cant find it. I've got an extra cr-1020/2020 case that is like to remove the top silver vent from to transfer. Appreciate any...
  13. Rococo

Yamaha cr-1020 custom wood case

Remains on the to do list. My youngest is a gremlin, a cute one, but a gremlin indeed. Eating up all my time.
  14. Rococo

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

Long time lurker, wanted to share the centerpiece of my system following a trip for the Morin upgrades. Assembled by Larry Spence and upgraded by Marc. Went from an AT-LP120 to this awhile back and can't put into words how much enjoyment this simple yet elegant table has brought to me in...
  15. Rococo

Marantz 22xx knob "alignment"

This is it! I was convinced that the actual pots were turning too far in one direction or another but ive found that its just one. One is already a little loose. I just need to find a way to loosen the inner plastic again to allow them to be turned to the proper angle with breaking them...
  16. Rococo

Thanks, i understand what you mean. i guess a better way to explain as well would be that the pot itself is also exhibiting the same behavior. If i left the knob off and just turned the pot it would also turn far more in one direction than another. I did check what you are recommending when...
  17. Rococo

Evening all, Please excuse this rambling question as I'm trying to suss out how to word what it is in trying to ask... I have a 2238b which works great in all ways, no issues with sound or function. When i received and completed the initial cleaning of this unit i noticed that the bass, mid...
  18. Rococo

Stupid question: setting AR XA stylus overhang

Makes sense Marc, thanks. I have a tendency to overcomplicate things and that common sense just saved me a good deal of time.
  19. Rococo

If it makes you feel better i am going to spend a lot of time using the measurements provided along with other saved forum posts info and diagrams of overhang measurements etc to "try" and make this work. I really have no idea what I'm doing other than enjoying listening to my music. I'm...
  20. Rococo

Appreciate it!
  21. Rococo

Hi there Marc, I've received an AR XA that was modified by you at some point in the past with a technics wand and universal headshell. Would this fundamentally change the overhang measurements you outlined? I've read the bend is slightly different but ends up at the same point. I'm an amatuer...
  22. Rococo

Cheap headshell (What am i missing?)

Thanks all. I've got an AT-HS10BK on my AR right now. Was thinking this was my technics which looks nearly same. ~ 10g.. No issues with it that I'm aware of. Was just thinking more about aesthetic given the vintage vibe I've got going. If this on one cuts the mustard I'll hold off and go OF...
  23. Rococo

Not cranky. Exactly the type of feed back i was looking for. Thank you!
  24. Rococo

Good morning all. I've read through quite a few threads and the consensus APPEARS to be that a cheap headshell = a more expensive in terms of performance and sound unless you are running a very high end setup (which i am not). Goal is to understand the tonearm recommendations et al for weight...
  25. Rococo

Yamaha cr-1020 custom wood case

Damage to the corners was pretty severe. The veneer over the wood filler is passable but it basically just bugs me knowing how sweet it could look. I've decided that I'm going to break it down, measure and build one myself. This case seems pretty basic. Just need to get my hands on a router. If...
Back
Top Bottom