Search results

1. Ken Hicks

(Kinda) Home Made Speaker Concept

So..... I was thinkin', what if I took my little Realistic/RCA speakers (with the Linneaum tweeters) and built some bass cabinets with some drivers and crossovers in them? I could turn the first picture into something like the second picture. But where do I start to source a decent driver and...
  2. Ken Hicks

My Musical Journey

56 years old, started really getting into music in H.S. My aunt is Bonnie Bramlett (Google her). I was on stage with Eric Clapton (among others) when I was 7 or 8 but it was past my bedtime so I didn't give a rat's ass about it. I always like the heavier stuff in the 70s like Black Sabbath...
  3. Ken Hicks

Homemade Audio Stand

I made this today out of three $8 Ikea Lack end tables. I already had one in the attic so I got two more today and viola! Turns out that my idea is not original as you can Google "ikea hacks" and see some exactly like mine. I'm pretty pleased though for about $25 in materials. Tomorrow I'll...
  4. Ken Hicks

Gotta start somewhere...

Just got a Pro-Ject Essential III today. I only have one LP so far...
  5. Ken Hicks

Optical Digital vs Analog In

I just bought an Onkyo A-9010 integrated amp and a C-7030 CD player. I'm using the little R1 remote cable between the two units so I can control the CD player with the remote from the amp. I came across a digital optical cable and hooked it up and things went a wry. Evidently, according to...
  6. Ken Hicks

My new system

So after much hand wringing and deciding to be a responsible adult (by not buying some stuff that would have pushed costs about four or five times higher) and being content with speakers I already own, I pulled the trigger on an Onkyo A-9010 integrated amp and a C-7030 CD player. These will be...
  7. Ken Hicks

Amazon question

So I want to buy an integrated amp on Amazon that has an msrp of $350 but Amazon has it for $213 from "GenCoDeals and Fulfilled by Amazon". I rarely buy things online because I'm a "buy local" (if available) kinda guy. Is this a legit deal, will I get a manufacturer's warranty and such? Is...
  8. Ken Hicks

Super Budget...

I got 60 bucks and a can of Deoxit into this system.
  9. Ken Hicks

I'm really waffling here...

I keep telling myself to save $400 and go with the Onkyo A-9010 instead of the Cambridge CXA60. I'm a man of modest means but the Cambridge is very appealing. What say ye?
  10. Ken Hicks

A Simple Question...

Marantz PM6006/CD6006 or Cambridge Audio CXA60/CXC (coupled to Q Acoustics 3050 speakers) and why?
  11. Ken Hicks

Yamaha CDX-470 Woes

I was given a Yamaha CDX-470 today because it was "broke". It powers up but the disc tray will not eject. I pulled the lid off of it and there is no CD stuck in the tray. Where do I start? Thanks.
  12. Ken Hicks

Dead HK6350R

I have a Harman Kardon HK6350R integrated amp that worked when I threw it (not literally) in my car to set it up in my new house but didn't when I plugged it in at the new place. I took it to one guy and he said he wouldn't work on it because it was too new. He did pop the hood and saw a blown...
Back
Top Bottom