Search results

1. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Ulfberht review is up - https://hometheaterreview.com/tekton-design-ulfberht-floorstanding-speaker-reviewed/
  2. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Maybe Eric would be willing to divulge that information? Or I would assume the model number is listed somewhere on the driver itself...
  3. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

The Pioneer's do extremely well considering their price... and I'd have to say I've been very pleased with them. I am planning on replacing them in the future with something a little more robust, but at this moment I'm happy with them. That said, I will say they are a "weak link" in my system.
  4. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

For HT I run my Pens full range and then cross the subs at 40 Hz. I feel like it all blends very nicely. For two-channel listening I typically run the Pens full range w/out subs, but for certain genres or depending on my mood I'll throw the subs in for a little extra bass :D
  5. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

On a side note... last time I was down at Eric's shop I was talking to a couple of his employees. One of them had only been there about a week, but he said that he had actually worked at Wilson before he started at Tekton. He said he was pretty familiar with the Wilson Sophia speakers which were...
  6. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

The only real bad that I've heard has been the headache that people have trying to get grilles... which luckily I have not experienced, and then I've seen posts here and there about some Pendragon owners with failed tweeters. Seems like Eric has taken care of them for the most part though. I...
  7. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I've never run a dedicated pre-amp before, but my thought is exactly as you explained it. I definitely feel like my AVR is getting in the way, and is definitely limiting the potential of my Pendragons. If I could replace it all at once I would, but I think it'll end up being a one-at-a-time...
  8. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Could you give me your thoughts/impressions on the Outlaw 975 and 5000? That's still the route I plan on going... would love to know what you think of them with the Tektons. I'm currently running off of my Integra Receiver... it has pre-outs, so I figured I could buy the Model 5000 amp and then...
  9. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

So for $12k you can either get the 1812's with 26 tweeters total, or you can get the ULFBERHT with 30 tweeters... Decisions, decisions :D
  10. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I have the Pendragon center, and it is, indeed, huge. I can also verify what Jeff said... it is an amazingly capable center. Best I've heard. Very happy with it.
  11. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I asked Eric this question when I was deciding on which speakers to get. He didn't go into specifics, but he said that they are both very good, but that the Pens slightly outperform the Enzo XLs. I would attribute that more to their size than anything. I ended up with the Pens :D
  12. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

When I was down at Eric's shop last time I was asking him about amplification and he specifically mentioned that the tweeters in the Pendragons have a very thin voice coil... he told me that if I like to listen at reference levels it is best to listen to one or two songs and then let the voice...
  13. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

For what it's worth, I am currently running my Pendragons (LCR) off of an Integra receiver, and it sounds really good! However, my next upgrades will be a pre/pro and amp. I know that the limiting factor to my system right now is that receiver.
  14. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks for the suggestions! I shot Eric an e-mail around the same time I posted on here yesterday, and he also mentioned using a vacuum to pull the dust cap back out. Worked like a charm! Now to look into the adoption stuff... :D
  15. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Sooo... long story short, my 2 year old pushed in the center of one of the woofers on my Pendragon Center... any advice on how to pop it back out? What are my next steps?
  16. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Worth it! :D
  17. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I hear ya! I know that I am limiting the Pens potential w/the Integra, so my next upgrade will be to buy a new Pre/Pro and Amp. I'm sure it'll make a big difference. Plus, so far my Pens are the best speakers I have heard. I'm very happy with them. It's just this darn upgrade bug that comes...
  18. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Just finished reading the review for the DIs... It is a glowing review indeed! I already had a little DI envy... but I love my Pens, so I guess I'll have to live with them :) I think Eric is about to get a lot busier!
  19. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I haven't personally heard any of Eric's subwoofers, but last time I was in his shop (about 2 weeks ago) he had a Cinema sub on the floor. I knew it was big, but wow, it is HUGE in person. I too would love to know how well they perform compared to some of the big subwoofer names out there.
  20. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Anybody seen the Tekton blog recently? The last post says the Tekton Uruz is back in production... and it shows a picture of a Lore size speaker with a ribbon tweeter. Anybody had experience with this in the past? I never seen it before.
  21. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I would call Eric. He can give you an idea of what is going on. I personally haven't listened to each tweeter individually, but from what others have said they do play different frequencies from each. I have seen some people (online) who had a tweeter fail. I believe Eric has sent them...
  22. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

I think I got lucky because I picked mine up from him... when I arrived at the end of the day he was still finishing them up. I think he'd rather not have to mess with grilles, but obviously the customers want them.
  23. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

Those Pens are beautiful. I couldn't help but notice your Andrew Jones Pioneer speakers... I have the same set!
  24. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

When I first brought my Pendragons home I was really surprised when my wife said, "those look really nice". I figured with it being a big black boxy speaker that she wouldn't approve. She digs the satin black though. That said, if I upgrade to the DI's at some point I'll probably have to do a...
  25. pdyebrasil

Tekton Owners Thread

No problem! Yes, when I was there he had some 1812's that were being put together. If you look in the second to last pic w/ the Lore's, I believe those are 1812's behind them. Also, last picture on the far left. I'd venture to say that those big red boxes in the last one are the lower portion...
Back
Top Bottom