Search results

1. DWObryan

BOZAK CONCERT GRANDS $1500 (Richmond VA Area)

That eBay deal was pretty good.
  2. DWObryan

Recommend me a Tube Preamp!!!

Those look really nice but lack tone controls
  3. DWObryan

Best FM stations in your area

WRIR 97.3 Richmond VA. The first low power FM station and supposedly one of the best. NPR talk radio 8-3 M-F and free-form music shows the rest of the time.
  4. DWObryan

Chinese Tube Amps

Right now is the Chinese New Year holiday so a lot of the eBay vendors are off. I bet it will pick up in a week or two.
  5. DWObryan

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Very nice work
  6. DWObryan

Recommend me a Tube Preamp!!!

http://www.tubenirvana.net/aretha.html Tube nirvana makes one for $1450. Never heard it but it looks interesting
  7. DWObryan

Omega Speakers

They are probably still breaking in. I can't really properly judge them because my Marantz receiver is still in the shop. Right now I'm using a Crown amp to run the Omegas and subs. After I get the Marantz back the Crown will run the subs only. I like to listen to tons of reggae and dub and on...
  8. DWObryan

Omega Speakers

I got some dual-driver Omegas about a month ago. I love them but they are IMHO brutally revealing of bad recordings. I'm using a pair of OB eminence sub woofers to augment the bass.
  9. DWObryan

EPI model 200

Thanks. I was thinking the same. Not sure if he is willing to come down any.
  10. DWObryan

EPI model 200

I found a pair for $140 with replacement passive radiators that are not standard. Is this a decent deal? I listen mostly to reggae and world music but my tastes extend to every kind of music. Thanks for any information.
  11. DWObryan

Audio cassettes revival?

Thanks for the heads up. I just listed one of my decks on CL will see if it sells. I still have hundreds of cassettes and listen to them upon occasion.
  12. DWObryan

great deal on adcom gear-DC CL

Looks like I am picking it up tonight! :banana:
  13. DWObryan

great deal on adcom gear-DC CL

I contacted him. Probably too late I imagine.
  14. DWObryan

Hello from Virginia

Hello from Richmond.
  15. DWObryan

New Orleans music and the Mardi Gras Indian project

Glad I found this thread. I love the Wild Tchoupitoulas album and other NO music. Have you seen the photo book In the Spirit by Michael Smith? Got some great Indian pics.
  16. DWObryan

How Have the Beatles Held Up For You?

I still love them and listen to them particularly Abbey Road, Revolver, and the White Album. I never really got into their earlier stuff that much. This thread inspired me to put on side 2 of Abbey Road. The medley is still one of my favorite pieces of music, even though I am one of the...
  17. DWObryan

2215b monoblocks?

Yes just a case of mistaken identity. Though I was tempted to buy the Model 16 power amp.
  18. DWObryan

2215b monoblocks?

Mystery solved. I show up to the shop to get my 2215b and they come out with a Model 16 power amp, which does indeed appear top be dual mono. For some reason they got the two pieces confused when I called on the phone yesterday. So this thread is pointless. Carry on.
  19. DWObryan

2215b monoblocks?

Yes I've never used this guy before. He works for my local stereo shop. Not exactly inspiring confidence.
  20. DWObryan

2215b monoblocks?

Have you looked at it or worked on one?
  21. DWObryan

2215b monoblocks?

Yes it sounds weird to me two but I'm just repeating what the tech apparently said.
  22. DWObryan

2215b monoblocks?

I just got my 2215b serviced due to some distortion on the preamp inputs. I figured I would get it recapped while it was in the shop. Talking to the owner of the shop about the unit, he said the tech indicated the 2215b has dual mono block amps for power. Has anyone else ever heard this or...
  23. DWObryan

Marantz Prices

I'm excited to get mine. I liked the sound before so hoping there is an improvement.
  24. DWObryan

Marantz Prices

I'm getting my 2215b back from the shop tomorrow with a complete overhaul. I got it fixed due to some distortion on the preamp inputs and figured I might as well get new caps too. The tech told the shop owner that it actually has two mono-blocks for power and was very impressed with the unit...
Back
Top Bottom