Search results

1. Pal147

New kid on the block 'WiSA'

I have spent many years faffing about with cables of all makes and types, and I must have spent a fortune on them, I have now gone over to being completely wireless with the use of a WiSA soundsend box and what a differance it makes, No cables anywhere other than the power cables and a far...
  2. Pal147

Yamaha A-S3000 - A-S3200 query.

Thinking of getting either one of these, but before I start looking has anyone tried or know if I can connect active speakers to the pre-out jacks and then control the speaker volume by the volume knob on the front of either of the above units? I currently have my active speakers connect to my...
  3. Pal147

Advice on Japanese CD Identification.

I must confess I know absolutely nothing about Japanese CD imports, However sometime ago I picked up a job lot of CDs and tucked away were quite a number of Japanese import CDs of which these two stand out as up until this morning I have never played them and it looks as they had never been...
  4. Pal147

Sansui au x1111 mos vintage - Info please.

Thinking of getting one of these but just have a couple of questions:- A) Is the unit and are the cheeks covered in vinyl or are they solid wood? B) Does it have a remote control unit? C) Any feedback on the unit would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  5. Pal147

Pioneer PD-91 CD Player transportation.

Thinking of selling my superb PD-91 CD player and it's more than likely I will have to post it, Is there any prep work that needs to be done prior to posting such as transportation screws or stabilising the platter/tray?
  6. Pal147

Ultrasonic Cleaning - Does anyone have there doubts about it?

Not sure if this has been covered before, But I am beginning to have doubts about Ultrasonic cleaning. I bought my cleaner 3 years ago have cleaned over 2,000 LPs at first I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, However having moved house a couple of times since I bought the cleaner...
  7. Pal147

Steinway Lyndorf.

Has anyone heard or own any part of there system? If so what are your thoughts. Thanks
  8. Pal147

Sumiko Starling M/C Cartridge, Anyone own or heard one ?

Does anyone own or have heard this cartridge and what are your impressions? I cannot seem to find much info on it.
  9. Pal147

Advice please on turntable connection.

Might seem like a dumb question but is it possible to bypass my preamp (Pioneer c-73) phono, and connect my turntable direct into my power amp (Pioneer m-73) which has a line direct connection for ' listening directly to the output of an audio component ' ? The power amp can be earthed on the...
  10. Pal147

Japanese Pressings, are they the best quality vinyl and what do you have?

Just come across my first Japanese pressing in a job-lot of vinyl I recently bought not yet played it, but generally are they the best recordings you can get and what titles do you have and recommend (Any genres will do but prefer LPs)?
  11. Pal147

Mars Insight Mission.

Bit Nerdy, But the Mars Lander lands today, hope it all goes well, I along with 2,4 Million people have there names on a microchip implanted on the lander. https://mars.nasa.gov/news/8287/more...f+mars20181119 https://mars.nasa.gov/participate/se...f+mars20181119 Anyone else have there name...
  12. Pal147

Pioneer CT-91A Cassette player - Superb Build Quality.

Recently moved and subsequently had a lot of dusty work work carried out now finished, so I thought I would take the opportunity to clean it out the deck, Took of the cover and was taken aback by the build quality of this cassette player really superb all screws are copper and has a copper...
  13. Pal147

Davone Grande Speakers - Impressions.

Anyone owned or heard a pair of these ? if so what are your impressions?
  14. Pal147

Cartridge recommendation for a Pioneer PL-90 Turntable.

Just packed away my new/old turntable for my house move but before I settle into my new house I would like to replace my current AT 150MLX m/m cartridge and try a Moving Coil so can anyone recommend one a good one, a fantastic one and a no holds bar one as far as a budget is concerned. The arm...
  15. Pal147

Pioneer PL-90 Turntable Pioneer 3YKH-J206 ?

I have been after a Pl-90 for some time and still looking :( and came across this one :- http://auc.aleado.com/yahoo/lot?auctionID=m205884710 does anyone know what the 3ykh-j206 is? also as it was in Japan I thought that the PL-90 was only for the American market.
  16. Pal147

Bi-Amping of a Pioneer M-73 is it possible?

Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to bi-amp this amplifier as for attached photos (lower one is the power amp)? Thanks
  17. Pal147

Today's Big Band and Swing Playlist.

Could not find this in the search so thought I would start one of, but if there is one already started then mods please feel free to either remove or transfer this over. Big Band and Swing, There is so much of this out there and I particularly like the art work of those times, One of my...
  18. Pal147

Another great reason to own vinyl, Whats yours?

Just played this and realised that not only is it a superb album, but the detail that comes with this gatefold is a very detailed history of the film,music, the composer (Maurice Jarre), how and what it was recorded with, and a complete detail of the members of the orchestra and instruments...
  19. Pal147

Hello, From across the pond.

Just to say hi to all from the U.K. Great site particularly like the vintage input by all and hope to add my input now that I have finally finished of my collection of Pioneer Reference system and am looking to start a second vintage collection but not sure whether to go the JVC, Sony or...
Back
Top Bottom