Search results

1. Worried Man

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

He's got some expensive engine repair work to cover before he goes out again in his machine to get stuck in traffic on the GWB.
  2. Worried Man

So... you wouldn't spend $5K to go hear an old man and his corny band wail about sweating it out on the streets of Jersey in vintage metal suicide machines while girls wrap their legs around some dude's engines? ;)
  3. Worried Man

New one to me. This is some crazy stuff, man. I like Beaches and Canyons better, but this is also pretty awesome. I need more Black Dice in my life. Black Dice ~ Broken Ear Record (2005) Astralwerks / ASW 36885 CD
  4. Worried Man

Vinyl only spin list

Greetings, gals and gents: A cross-post from the What Are You Listening to Right Now? thread. Here's a surprise find out in the wild today. On a whim I dropped in at The Sound Garden in downtown Baltimore. Not quite a whim, really... I went hoping to dig up some old stuff on used or new CDs...
  5. Worried Man

Greetings, gals and gents. Here's a surprise find out in the wild today. On a whim I dropped in at The Sound Garden in downtown Baltimore. Not quite a whim, really... I went hoping to dig up some old stuff on used or new CDs, particularly hoping I could find some Luna CDs and some other '90s...
  6. Worried Man

Vinyl only spin list

I love French Kiss. I'm not supposed to, because most of my music friends back then thought it was too slick and disco-ey. But I didn't listen to them and bought it anyway... for one thing, how could a guy like me resist that cover!?
  7. Worried Man

One of the first records I ever bought, way back in the day.
  8. Worried Man

Pixies ~ Doolittle (1989) 4AD/Elektra 905 CD I have a couple of copies on LP, too, but the artwork in the CD package is so much better than the LP artwork. The CD booklet's images are saturated and full of nuances you don't see in the LP artwork.
  9. Worried Man

Greetings again, ladies and gentlemen. I'm still around and I'm glad you all are, too. I hope everyone has been well. Speaking of around, sometimes I listen to things go around, like CDs and records. Here's what I listened to today. What a trip! I'm telling you. First, I love the original Mac...
  10. Worried Man

Brian Eno w/ Daniel Lanois & Roger Eno ~ Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks CD, 1983
  11. Worried Man

Oh, hellyah. Same here. I loved that era, still do, and am so glad I was "there," so to speak, to feel part of it all.
  12. Worried Man

Great movie, great soundtrack. Various Artists ~ The Last Days of Disco (1998) CD Trivia point: An alternative title under consideration for the movie was "History Is Made at Night."
  13. Worried Man

Believe it or not, as much as I like some of the songs on this album, I have never picked up a copy.
  14. Worried Man

Sorrowness for being out for a while. So far the suspension is going well. I decided to change things up from my recent 90s postpunk/grunge thing and go with some unhinged jazz. The Lounge Lizards ~ The Lounge Lizards (1981) CD, my copy, circa 1981-84 (not sure, I picked it up used in the later...
  15. Worried Man

Alice in Chains ~ Sap (1992) CD
  16. Worried Man

Vinyl only spin list

Concur! I don't feel bad about it, except for the temporary loss of income. I still have my job, and they'll have to pick up my workload for 30 days while I basically take some "beach days," the silly people.
  17. Worried Man

Fugazi ~ In on the Kill Taker (1993)
  18. Worried Man

Vinyl only spin list

Looking forward to next month with some down time to spin more music. I have the whole month of July "off," so to speak--I'm suspended for 30 days for misbehaving. Without pay. So no music purchases! LOL. The man coming down hard on Worried Man. Fortunately, I have an understanding and...
  19. Worried Man

Vinyl only spin list

This week marks the 29th anniversary of the release of Fugazi's great third album. For whatever reason, I have it on both CD and LP (reissues both). I don't love it as much as Repeater but I love it nonetheless. My wife--I didn't know her then--saw them live around this time. Color me green...
  20. Worried Man

Vinyl only spin list

The Stone Roses ~ The Stone Roses (1989) Silvertone Records 88843041991 2014 Repress This post comes with a rant--not about the record, which is great, but about my record store visit today. So I picked this up today on LP even though I have the original CD from way back when. I just thought it...
  21. Worried Man

Beach House ~ Teen Dream (2010) Sub Pop Records / SP845 / 2 x LP reissue (2016)
  22. Worried Man

Ha ha! Yeah, in that case, I'm looking forward to my years of full-on dementia. ;)
  23. Worried Man

Ever come across an album in your collection you forgot you had? I was reading somebody's shoegaze list this morning and saw this one and thought, hmm, that looks interesting. So I looked it up on RYM and whoa, I had it listed as owning it on vinyl! Ran to the records and sure enough, there it...
  24. Worried Man

But then I'm back in the 90s again. Laughing Hyenas ~ Here We Go Again / Candy (1990) Touch and Go Records / T&G#65 / 7" 45 RPM, red vinyl Produced by no less than Butch Vig! I just love the creativity of the graphics from this era of rock vinyl.
  25. Worried Man

Also finally catching up with this one. Charli XCX ~ How I'm Feeling Now (2020) Atlantic Records / BK08796 / Clear vinyl LP reissue (2022)
Back
Top Bottom