Search results

1. Moby Dick

Thoughts on which turntable? Pioneer PL-530 vs Technics SL-1301

If they are similar in price, I’m going to assume the pl-530 is under market value. If you pass on a good deal on a pl-530, you will regret that decision.
  2. Moby Dick

Thoughts on which turntable? Pioneer PL-530 vs Technics SL-1301

Based on looks alone, Pioneer pl-530. Not to mention it is a highly desirable turntable you could sell in an instant if you so chose further down the road.
  3. Moby Dick

Pick One: SX-980 vs. SX-939

I have an SX-980 which I love. It would be a difficult choice to make, if you can manage to keep both, that is the best scenario. They are both beautiful.
  4. Moby Dick

A New Pet Peeve

Oh goodie, a new pet-peeve…
  5. Moby Dick

Handmade Audio Furniture

Vintage barzilay is what you want. Or, if you’re feeling spendy… https://westcoastmodernla.com/
  6. Moby Dick

Which passive speaker for a low watt amp?

I see used boss katana 50W amps for sale for $175. There are even much cheaper options available in the used market.
  7. Moby Dick

The only extra output it has is a record out/headphones which is probably a line level output. Your only real option would be to open up the micro cube and disconnect the internal speaker and run a speaker output with a speaker jack out of the micro cube and connect an external speaker cabinet...
  8. Moby Dick

What exactly are you goals? Do you want a separate speaker cabinet which you connect the micro cube to, or are you looking to replace the current speaker with another speaker?
  9. Moby Dick

What is your favorite guitar solo and why?

And it’s a beaut!
  10. Moby Dick

Time is my favorite PF song, I’m only aware of one guitar solo in it. What do you mean 3?
  11. Moby Dick

Best genre pioneer turntable match for sx980?

Have you checked Craigslist or facebook marketplace?
  12. Moby Dick

Which Pioneer to get??

Which did you buy?
  13. Moby Dick

Best genre pioneer turntable match for sx980?

I have a PL 540 I use with my SX980. It is a really nice turntable. Any of the turntables from the PL 5XX line would be a good choice.
  14. Moby Dick

Favorite “One Liner’s” from albums??

“I was reading in ‘Rolling Stone’ magazine the other day where they said Detroit audiences are the greatest rock and roll audiences in the world. I thought to myself, shit, I’ve known that for 10 years.” ~Bob Seger from the Live Bullet album.
  15. Moby Dick

This entire album has overlooked/underrated guitar solos. Another one is Ramblin, gamblin man. Drew Abbot is a monster.
  16. Moby Dick

Time-Pink Floyd Badge-Cream Travelin Man/Beautiful Loser-Drew Abbot(silver bullet band)
  17. Moby Dick

1960's Integrated Amps.....EL84 12 wpc or 20 wpc All Silicon ?

I do understand audio engineering. You don’t understand the point I made.
  18. Moby Dick

I don’t think you understand my point.
  19. Moby Dick

You shouldn’t hear a large difference in volume because doubling the power only increase db level by 3db. Also, Many here may not have experience with tube amplifiers, particularly tube guitar amplifiers. When rating amplifiers for power, generally it’s rated at a certain distortion level. So...
  20. Moby Dick

My experience is based on modern solid state guitar amps. Anyone familiar with playing through vacuum tube guitar amplifiers at stage volume knows it takes 3-4 times the amount of solid state power to equal vacuum tube power ratings. Why this is this way is if both types of amplifiers are rated...
  21. Moby Dick

The guitar player in me says go vacuum tube. I haven’t tested this with hi-fi but in the world of guitar amps, 12W of tube power is much louder than 20W of solid state.
  22. Moby Dick

Best Record Changer?

Dual 12xx series are my favorite record changer tables.
  23. Moby Dick

Kenwood KM-106 or Yamaha MX-460

I had a kenwood stack with a 106 in college, so it’s the sentimental choice for me.
Back
Top Bottom