Search results

1. Eagle1

Pioneer HPM-100 Recapping Walkthrough

Glad you got it all worked out and rewired to spec and in phase. Sounds (pun) the previous owner liked the effect of out of phase sets of speakers or didn't know any better.
  2. Eagle1

AT 120e VS. Ortofon 2M Red

You're very correct about a long, long ago thread, so old my beard has turned gray. My two favorite AT carts are the 440mla and ATN-150MLX on my two Technics TT's. I tried the AT-120E because of it's low price back then and considered it an entry level cart at best. Lackluster response and...
  3. Eagle1

RCA Interconnect Cables: WTF???

Expensive interconnects doesn't necessarily mean quality. This is where I get my quality cables from for a dang good price. http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=120&cp_id=12004&cs_id=1021814 They also work extremely well for phono interconnects because of their capacitance. There's a great...
  4. Eagle1

Jason, I'm so sorry I didn't get to your PM. I haven't been on AK for a long while since I...

Jason, I'm so sorry I didn't get to your PM. I haven't been on AK for a long while since I finally found a job close to home back in 09/2012. Yes I still have parts for the CT-F1250, but no experience with the control pots or calibration.
  5. Eagle1

No it's not your imagination. Now all of your drivers are working in phase and not counteracting each other. Now enjoy the music! :thmbsp:
  6. Eagle1

Yes. If reversed it won't hurt the driver but will put it out of phase with the rest.
  7. Eagle1

HPM 100 likes.Have any?

What you experienced is distortion/clipping by turning up the volume. I'm guessing that you had the bass boost turned on and depending upon the source of the music (CD, LP, etc.) and how it was recorded, your signal had distortion and the HPM's were over whelmed by it, frying the woofers...
  8. Eagle1

Technics 1600MK2 interconnect board

Negative, that won't work as the outer insulation is not that thick. You have to remember that the original factory patch cord is much thinner, hence the reason for the breakage over time. The best way for the installation is to eliminate the factory strain relief and make one on the cable...
  9. Eagle1

My new Technics SL-1310MkII and the famous cueing problem

Great info on the glue and baking soda as a filler. I have yet to take my MK2 apart pending more success stories and the time to do the repair without interruptions. Hence my SL-1600 has been my mainstay for my TT which has been performing without a glitch since the cleaning and relubing of...
  10. Eagle1

AT95E not bright enough. Recommend something under $150 for me?

Thanks for your input/feedback Bondo. I think I'll fire up the TT and listen to some music.
  11. Eagle1

Good luck with trying to find that kind of important info in today's mid-priced digital gear. Hence the lack of a phono stage in most AVR's. I guess they expect that you would add a phono pre to it if you want to add a TT.
  12. Eagle1

Don't feel bad. I have an Onkyo TX-SR803 that I bought 7 yrs ago. It preforms quite well as a A/V unit but totally sucks on the analog side including the phono section. One of the reasons I bought the Onkyo because it was one of the few units that offered a phono input. Since my Pioneer...
  13. Eagle1

To the Technics bashers...

Nice pun! :banana:
  14. Eagle1

Anatomy of a Technics SL-1610

You are correct same as the 1600. MKII is belt driven.
  15. Eagle1

Technics SL 1650

Here's a listing of the vintage Technics TT's. You can get the factory specs and compare. http://vintagetechnics.co.uk/turntables.htm Make sure to re-zero the balance then set the weight according to the cartridge spec. Don't forget the anti-skate either. If you can't find a OM for it, use...
  16. Eagle1

It will get even better as it breaks in. Figure about 100 hrs. I have the 140MLa and 150MLX and like the seperation and depth of the 140. If an album sounds too bright with the 140 it gets played on my TT with the 150 on it. I had the 120 and couldn't stand it, glad you went with the 140MLa...
  17. Eagle1

5 channel vs 6 channel surround, worth it?

That's because the movie was not recorded in 6.1, so the receiver simulates it. Pick up a movie that was produced in 6.1/7.1 and you hear the suttle difference. Problem is not many titles were produced in 6.1 DDS or DTS format. Several that come to mind in true 6.1 were the X-Men and Star...
  18. Eagle1

I have a pair of Pioneer HPM-100's!

Stay with the original woofer and super tweeter. Are you sure the super tweeter is bad on both units?
  19. Eagle1

Right Speaker on PL-112D not Working?

Keep it simple. Your problem is with the TT's interconnects which often go bad after age and usage. You've already proved that it's between the TT and receiver by switching the TT cables (interconnects). So it's time for a replacement which is not uncommon. There are several threads about...
  20. Eagle1

Technics SL-1600 auto stop/return issue

Glad you figured it out. :thmbsp: Those adjustment settings can be finicky at times. I love my SL-1600 and it has given my great performance after a good clean-up, lube job and interconnect replacement.
  21. Eagle1

The 440MLa is not as bright or shrill as some have reported, to my set-up and ears. I have both the 440 ML and MLa. The ML which is no longer available really is too bright and I was very impressed with its replacement the MLa. It has great channel seperation and depth compared to the 120...
  22. Eagle1

You didn't mention what TT you were using. Some TT's like one or more cart(s) over others based upon the TT make-up and ability for adjustments. My corral of TT's are Technics from the bottom to the top vintage era. I bought the AT-120E and tried it and compared it to 440MLa and 150 and it...
  23. Eagle1

Report from mass production line: PIONEER SX-1250

I wouldn't be bragging if I were you if that's what your doing. Hopefully you have good insurance and don't cheerish your SX-1250 or home like the rest of us. :sigh:
  24. Eagle1

Report from mass production line: PIONEER SX-1250

Strange, luckily I can only activate one function at a time. Going from FM to Phono for example automaticly disengages the FM switch. With the power off I tried 2 at once and neither sticks. I believe this is a designed safety feature so you don't muck up the receiver.
  25. Eagle1

PIONEER Silver CT-F900 problem

No counter belt means no worky. Go get the complete belt kit from Wjoe.com and replace them them all. A small investment for the future longevity of your deck. As for your function lights, I'm sure the bulbs are burned out. You should be able to get them from DGwojo he's a member of AK...
Back
Top Bottom