Search results

1. L

Fixing up a messed up crossover!

This was the same reply from the manufacturer. I got a new pair of tweeters already. It seems not to be the problem as they too sound similar to the old tweeters. But now that you said , I will check the midrange too. But, isnt it unlikely that a midrange blows up? On a cold start they sound...
  2. L

Unfortunately I am not in US: So I was looking for something from EU
  3. L

There are no attenuatiors. I really dont have much experience with DIY. But, once I opened and saw the number of components I think its a do-able thing. There are 9 capacitors. Given the age, I think its safe to replace all of them. The current ones are all Philips MKT (everything at 100V) and...
  4. L

My left and right speakers sound different! Its 4 way, (ALR Jordan Nummer 4). It has 2 crossovers for each set of +/- binding posts - one for the two woofers and the other for mids and the tweeters. , One of the sides sound more boxy - more pronounced through the midrange and tweeter and so...
  5. L

Tweeter faceplate clips where to buy them?

The attempt was to swap a pair of tweeters to the new one. The clips on the old ones were strong that it didnt break while removing . So I have currently a set of clips to hold the faceplate on the new tweeters. But one of the old tweeter is still good. I just wanted to save it some other...
  6. L

Tweeter faceplate clips where to buy them?

I tried swapping a VIfa H26TG tweeters faceplate with what was currently avaialble on my speaker system. But, unfortunately the the Clips that hold the Horn to the rest of the assembly is broken. Is there anywhere where I can source them? Its something like a u clip but very small in size.
  7. L

Pro audio power amps vs hifi power amps.

Thats a misconception. Anything more than 16khz just add an airy feeling on the treble side, if the speakers are good. I had a Luxman L410 (with a bias voltage kept above the limits,but now its almost dead) with lot of air on the top end. My other amp is a Atoll IN50 which has a rolled off...
  8. L

Is BGW 250D / E good, both are available here at my place for pickup under 200 € . Worth a try? I am currently having a L410 Luxman also, can it beat it on pure power amp terms? I mean power amp mode of L410. I used the JDS labs c5d instead of the pre section of the Luxman for sometime as the...
  9. L

My problem is my dad should not know how much I am spending on these. If they look ugly and sound good, I am really happy with them ;) Anyway, I am only considering a used Rotel , Harman, Nad or something under 200 bucks, So I guess in comparison to these used ones, the class A/B power amps can...
  10. L

I had myself a Samson's entry level BT3 speakers and a Luxman L410 with ALR Nummer 3 speakers at the same time. I must admist, for the price the Samsons were having soundstage, imaging, speed though quite as much as the bigger amp. But so I when I saw their amps, I suddenly thought, what if they...
  11. L

I had been looking for a used power amp around 100€(which is hard to find) and I came across the pro gear like Samson, Behringer, Crown which claims to deliver more watts. Some of them have -10db line input as well. Anyone compared any of these cheap amps to real mid fi power amps from Rotel...
  12. L

Adding a secondary amp to integrated amp.

That was my initial consideration, but I really love the midrange from the Atoll, and like I have mentioned in the previous post, I cannot afford another atoll, or something of that price at this moment, So looking for a cheaper option just to lower the load, so that I can still get the midrange...
  13. L

The IN50 lacks low end extension/(which is the only complaint I have) so, adding the same amp would have the still the problem I already have. Plus, I am looking for used amps now, and sourcing another IN50 is difficult. Hardly find them on ebay. On the other side, I only need a amp to do the...
  14. L

So, instead of a power amp, if I use a old Denon PMA 920 or something(I found one on ebay), will it help?. If i try to volume match both the amps. Will this setup deteriorate the squality from the integrated amp(with the pre out) I mean, What I lack here is the tightness in bass and extension...
  15. L

I currently have a Atoll IN50 amplifier, which drives(with difficulty, getting super hot) a pair of ALR Nummer 4 speakers. I like the sound signature with a good pronounced midrange. But I have problems driving them louder. Also extension to both end of the spectrum suffers. (I have used a...
  16. L

Restoring old ALR nummer speakers

I have a pair of German made ALR Nummer speakers. I recently found the sound of them lost the energy they used to have in the past. So, I set out to replace the capacitors in the crossover, and found it to be pretty basic. But, the problem is one of the capacitors is masked. (This is all painted...
  17. L

Luxman L410 sounds muffled in High frequency

In my case, luckily it was the bias which was above normal. I changed it, it altered the signature, now mids are forward in the recommeded limit. But, highs are still not great. I now suspect if my speakers (ALR Nummer 3) are the problem. Those are the only airy pair I have to check them. The...
  18. L

I checked it, the the manual reads ideal is 50mA, and from 40 to 60 is ok. MIne was reading 75, which must not be the issue, as higher the current , the more transistors are supposed to heat, and highs should be better, Or am I missing someting here,. I dialed them down to 50, and on a 5 minute...
  19. L

Also , the input is rated as 200mv. but if when we connect a CD player, it must be more than 200mv coming to this terminal as I see sometimes line output voltage as 2V ( Marantz CD63 SE) . So, I am confused. DAC out voltage of popular music players like FiiO must be even something similar. The...
  20. L

Thanks a lot, I found the pins;removed the cables, got a little idea about how to test this. but its a bit a late for any testing. I will check it tmw and let you know . Actually I really appreciate the help, today morning I didnt had a clue what to do, now I know atleast two possible problems...
  21. L

Being a noob, I sat back reading something about the bias voltage , and like others told, It seems to have the chance.Both channels have the roll off. There should be bias adjustment for 2 channels? or just one dial inside to adjust it for both channels? How can I measure it?
  22. L

NO. when turned on it makes a small difference, but earlier on my speakers it used make a good difference upon pressing the button. Let me open it up today and see if I can read the bias.
  23. L

It has a tone off button, but in power amp mode with my dac directly connected to it(using the PC volume controls) I still had the issue. I remember clearly that, I used the headphone out of a JDS LABS C5D headphone amp to the Aux in, and I suddently changed the gain of the headphone amp from...
  24. L

I have no other amp in the home at the moment. Will try to get one from a friend. I did a check with the headphone out. I noticed, when I turn it on, the high's are better, but after some 15 minutes, its going lifeless. How do I check the bias? I am a noob in this. Have a multimeter though! I am...
Back
Top Bottom