Search results

1. Rentz

Pro-Ject VCE record cleaner

Same issue was posted on SHF too, someone came up with a work around of some make shift plastic to redirect the exhaust I marked the smaller one off my list due to that , might pickup the big one
  2. Rentz

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

this is exactly what i ran into last time i went on a protractor printing spree. i'm still on the lookout for a deal ona used mp-500 but im toying with the idea of getting one of the microline or shibata AT carts
  3. Rentz

found my old notes from what Marc told me that might be listed in this thread somewhere but maybe someone will find this beneficial. i need to print a new protractor for 16.5 it seems the one i have is built for 15mm overhang. impossible for me to do this without a printed protractor my eyes...
  4. Rentz

i do, have one i printed out for baerwald...just like to triple check the settings in addition.
  5. Rentz

thats with the s-arm mod? looking to try a new cart figured i better write all this down before i spend money
  6. Rentz

i cant seem to find my notes of what marc told me regarding overhang. I think it was somewhere between 225mm-228 from pivot point. With the modded SME headshell mod what is the proper overhang? either from pivot or past the spindle.
  7. Rentz

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

so this was all done on the stylus not the cart? mine rides a little low but the stylii are all newish
  8. Rentz

is that just normal for the 2000eiii ? mine rides really low and the stylus on it now has a guard that makes it even lower.
  9. Rentz

Empire 2000e III Replacement Stylus

I’d have to dig out the model of the voice of the music one I bought a few years ago I swear it’s nude elliptical it might also be bonded it was bonded elliptical and the model isnt sold anymore 4237-det they redirect to a different one now 4237-det...
  10. Rentz

I have the vivid line mentioned above and a voice of the music stylus both are perfectly fine at the time the voice of the music one was $18 and the vivid line was $75 Do I notice a $100 difference in a nude elliptical and the vivid line ? Not really the nude one tracks great . On my setup I...
  11. Rentz

That shibata fits the 2000eiii? If so I’m buying that! Last one I saw that would fit was for the 4000 line and shipped from japan and cost more than this after shipping
  12. Rentz

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Very sad news, I was privileged enough to have him work on my table and he was so patient with my questions as I’m not an engineer I had a lot of dumb question he was always glad to help. Thoughts will be with his family during this rough time
  13. Rentz

man that looks good, ive thought about trying a nagaoka but the mp200
  14. Rentz

what modern readily available carts are people running these days on a technics wand modded AR? Quarantine has me antsy to try system changes, been running an empire 2000Eiii since i had it moronized which is great but you know how it is always looking for better.
  15. Rentz

Northwinds is a great seller

@Northwinds is one of the best sellers on AK, offered up some amazing and rare metal records in better than advertised condition. Very happy with my purchases and went back for more. Buy with confidence
  16. Rentz

Flattening warped records

im guilty of that, except i sat on the couch while it was out back fell asleep and an hour later it was melted. will never use the sun to attempt this again, well at least not in texas
  17. Rentz

Looks like he has some for the 2000 series too, might have to try an actual empire stylus for my 2000iii
  18. Rentz

yes both styli i have are made by Jico, outside a few pressing issues with known IGD ive not had many problems i suppose this could just simply be a flaw with the record itself even though it looks spotless. adding extra mats and taking them away had no impact so i dont think its a VTA problem.
  19. Rentz

Tracy Chapman’s self titled album, first track talkin bout revolution on the whispers and sitting
  20. Rentz

Right now it’s a vivid line stylus from lpgear also have one from voice of the music which has same things has about 100-200hrs on it I’d wager I always notice a little sibilance here and there but I’m just sssssensitive to it but none are as bad as this one record
  21. Rentz

I went down the tweaking rabbit hole this week to try and solve some bad sibilance on a record that the cd versions got no sibilance .... long story but my light tracing 2000eiii yielded harsh s’s until I got the vtf almost double the 1.5 gr limit. Anyone had a similar experience ? Obviously...
  22. Rentz

Hands on: Technics SL-1200/SL-1210 MK7 review

Musicians friend has the 1700 at 999 now as well, my guess is this is the real street price . Their preorder shows in stock in June
  23. Rentz

Hands on: Technics SL-1200/SL-1210 MK7 review

this model sure got a lot more interesting at this price i'll say that much
  24. Rentz

Yup you hooked me up with how to do that when you customized my AR I could shave about a gram off buying my own head shell from lp gear and wires but a gram isn’t much difference for some extra convenience of pre mounted :)
  25. Rentz

Yes I used to need stick on weights since my empire 2000 was on a 10gr head shell which made it really front heavy until I got a lightweight head shell. Was going to give the new at vm line a try and it’s easier to just buy one pre mounted to their headhsell total weight is just under 17gr
Back
Top Bottom