Search results

1. Vmeleco

Newly Acquired RS1b speakers....I’ve got questions

Ok. I’m guessing you are blowing fuses because you’re underpowered. If you overdrive an amplifier, it tends to send dc current which will pop fuses and melt voice coils/traces. I would say you should have a 150 minimum into 4 ohms. It sounds like Nad may be a better choice. Let us know how you...
  2. Vmeleco

That’s great! Get ready for an infinite amount of tweaking. You really should not be blowing, even at high volumes. Can you tell what amplifier/ specs (powerand input impedance) is being used for the panels? Which fuses are blowing?
  3. Vmeleco

I used “feed and wax” on the panels.
  4. Vmeleco

Wow. Just going through this thread. Beautiful and set of rs1b’s. For the bass units it looks like you have a few options. Find the original controller which maybe used an accelerometer- maybe they used an IRS controller? Use a mini dsp like Pauljh suggested. Or use try an original rs1b servo...
  5. Vmeleco

My Excellent RS1 Adventure

Great write-up Paul. Thanks for sharing the info and setup. I’ve managed to get good sound out of my controller with much effort. I’m on my third unit which has hum balance. I have replaced the electrolytics and socketed opamps. The dsp is definitely on my roadmap though. Thanks again for the...
  6. Vmeleco

Infinity rs1b versus infinity rs IIB

Oh yeah. I’ve seen the pictures you posted , Paul. Seems to be a well suited to the 1bs.
  7. Vmeleco

I agree the rs1b’s need space and take space. My listening room is about 18 x 16 with 8 ft ceilings. I’m not sure if that’s enough breathing room. What size is your brother’s room with his rs1b’s?
  8. Vmeleco

i currently have rs1b’s which has been a great adventure so far. They sound and look fantastic, however they do eat a bit of real estate in my living room. I’m wondering if any members hear could comment on the rsIIBs in comparison. It would seem to me they realistically have 95% of the...
  9. Vmeleco

Infinity rs1b controller repairs

Excellent! Enjoy!
  10. 0A172167-BB47-47F3-818E-A6D01BF5EAFF

0A172167-BB47-47F3-818E-A6D01BF5EAFF

11. 6899F214-24EE-4C41-8723-978EF037CEE0

6899F214-24EE-4C41-8723-978EF037CEE0

12. B515AAD5-9E76-4D74-B41C-E3CA541CD818

B515AAD5-9E76-4D74-B41C-E3CA541CD818

My recently completed theater room setup.
  13. Vmeleco

Comment by 'Vmeleco' in media '55BBEEB5-355C-4AA1-BACC-97716CED2CEB'

Very nice. I have the mmg on sound anchors as well. How are the bass units?
  14. Vmeleco

Hello. I’m not sure why you would get hf through the new op amp. They should be performing similar functions in terms of bandwidth. My guess is that the original is bad and you are hearing the symptom of another problem when you use the new 353. I replaced all the op amps (5) with the 353. From...
  15. Vmeleco

Well replaced a few more caps. The system really sound fantastic now. With all the issues with the crossover, I had my doubts that I could get the integration from the towers to the panels to sound right; not mention getting enough really deep bass. I wasn’t sure if this 35 year old technology...
  16. Vmeleco

Replaced all the fet transistors and is sounding pretty good now. I used the original k117’s which I could only find on eBay from China. I may do another round of component replacements, but am enjoying the rs1b’s in the meantime.
  17. Vmeleco

What would you do Kappa 8?

I would bi amp. Easier load on the amplifiers too. Ultimately test each and decide for yourself.
  18. Vmeleco

Picture before I replaced anything....
  19. Vmeleco

Ps- the op amps are push in. Note the orientation mark (circular dot or indent in one corner of the chip) if you replace.
  20. Vmeleco

My controller board is marked part no 42883a. The original opamps are list TExas instruments TL072ACP. I replaced with mouser part number 512-LF353n whiched seemed to work ok. I found that parts express has the exact original part which I haven’t tried yet. At this point I’m waiting for some...
  21. Vmeleco

Arnie Nudell has passed.

Sad to hear. What a legacy though.
Back
Top Bottom