Search results

1. QuarterCuban

Right channel out KA-8100

The right channel just stopped working on my Kenwood KA-8100! Any troubleshooting ideas?
  2. QuarterCuban

Is this the right resistor?

I need new resistors on my Kenwood LS 405A speakers. I found this resistor on PE. Am I getting the right one? http://www.parts-express.com/2-ohm-5w-resistor-wire-wound-5-tolerance--015-2?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla
  3. QuarterCuban

My first project! Kenwood LS-405A

To recap means to replace the capacitors? Right?.... I'm gonna put new foam surrounds and clean these guys up! Any experience, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated. Does anyone know of crossover upgrades? Or is installing new caps the upgrade? Did I mention this is my first speaker...
  4. QuarterCuban

Peerless tweets? How can you tell?

5. QuarterCuban

Phono hum and no ground wire!

My Kenwood KA-8100 is not playing well with my turntable. When I select phono-1 or phono-2 without the turntable plugged in, there is a slight hiss. And it's only really noticeable when I turn it up past three quarters max volume. When I plug my turntable into either phono1 or phono2 inputs...
  6. QuarterCuban

Sub connection to Kenwood KA-8100

How can I connect my sub? I don't want to blow anything up. The bridges and "power in" throw me off.
  7. QuarterCuban

A place to listen in Greenville, SC?

I can read speaker and equipment reviews online forever... But I'll never discover my own personal preferences without listening to a verity things side by side or in different combinations and spaces. Does anyone know of a club, store, or trade shows I could go to in or around the Greenville...
  8. QuarterCuban

Price on Polk RT7

I just agreed on a price of $75 for a pair of Polk RT7s on Craig's List. That doesn't include the center channel shown in the picture. He says they are in good working order and the grill covers are in good shape. I saw a pair of these sold in December on eBay for $45 with shipping. What...
  9. QuarterCuban

Which speaker?

I have a ADCOM GFA-545(II) Power Amplifier, Adcom GTP-500II Preamplifier, and Yamaha YP-D71 turntable. Which speakers?: Polk Audio RTA 12B, JBL L100, JBL 4410a, or JBL L36 Thanks, QuarterCuban
  10. QuarterCuban

Hey there for Greenville, SC

I have recently inherited some vintage equipment. My Father in law recently passed... :-( He was a musician, former record store owner, music lover, and audiophile. Now I have speakers, amps, turntables, recording equipment, guitars, guitar amps, and an immaculate vinyl collection to...
Back
Top Bottom