Search results

1. Spormo

Bought a Sony TA-E9000ES. Where's the firmware?!?!

I guess its a blessing in disguise that the rs232 cable i ordered was usb to male while the port on the pre is male. I just gave up for now on updating it and was going to order an adapter but I guess i'm just going to have to find an ancient POS that has an rs232 port and win95 on it. I bet a...
  2. Spormo

That sounds like too much work for a firmware update. Why wouldn't a decent quality USB to serial work? I haven't heard of RS-232c either. I think any RS-232 that says its made for data transfer would work? I ordered one from amazon for about 10 bucks thats 6' long and has good reviews. I'll...
  3. Spormo

I've found 2.01!!!! Someone had posted it in a DIY Audio thread. I also found this website (which is dead) that used to host all the upgrade files but the downloads no longer work. I'd love to find the 2.5 firmware. I've attached the 2.01 zip to this post. Hope it helps someone else out too...
  4. Spormo

New to me JBL L166 have one bad woofer!

Its about 10 lbs with a cast and powder coated frame. Really nice. I'll check for possible OL on the voice coil, but if it isn't OL how can I know whats acceptable impedance? It's an 8 ohm unit but I looked up a few yt videos on testing voice coils and it seems like there are different ranges...
  5. Spormo

Update. I listened to it a little more closely and inspected the bad woofer again. The distortion only comes in on the higher end of the vocal range of my test song. It almost sounds like rattling. I honestly can't tell if it IS rattling or distortion. But when I moved the whole woofer around I...
  6. Spormo

I bought a pair of JBL L166s today for $175. The PO had put some super cheapo woofers in place of the originals because the originals needed new surrounds. I pulled out the replacement woofers so I could test the originals before re-foaming (so I don't waste 10 bucks on a possible ruined...
  7. Spormo

Were looking for the firmware itself, not the cable.
  8. Spormo

What im doing this evening

Sometimes listening to my favorite tunes does get me a little hungry... :rolleyes:. I probably will get a little quiet fan or something for some active cooling.
  9. Spormo

I had thought it was class A up to 10w. That's a little disappointing :oops:. I know class A isn't going to change my life, but I've always been curious to listen.
  10. Spormo

That's the whole point though! Plugging some mid-fi or worse speakers in to your hi-fi setup. I thought it was a fun exercise. I wasn't trying to imply technics doesn't make quality! I love technics but like you said they make fantastic gear and total crap along side it (like most brands). Gotta...
  11. Spormo

I'm running a sony ta-e9000es right now. Picked it up a few weeks ago. I picked it up from a guy that got it and a ta-n9000es from a church in exchange for some work and had no clue what they were. I was so dissapointed when I called him and he had sold the power amp separately for $100 a couple...
  12. Spormo

In the next year im probably going to pick up another pair of speakers. Since you mentioned JBL ive had my eye on some local JBL 4315s :thumbsup:. But there are a LOT of tempting speakers in that price range. Ill have to look into Snell. Ive heard the name but never shopped them. Yes my little...
  13. Spormo

I'm really in love with how vocals sound on the 601s. I've not seen and 656 or 686 come up for sale on craigslist but this evening I saw some 683s :idea:. They've had their tweeters punched in and then pulled back out (how the hell does that happen to speakers that expensive??) A lot of B&W I...
  14. Spormo

Ive had my b&w 601 S2s for about 4 years now and believe it or not they were my first real step into hifi. Before them i had only had cheap, used mid range sony from pawn shops. I saw the b&w on craigslist and was drawn in by the yellow kevlar cones :naughty:. Luckily my fashion sense lead me in...
  15. Spormo

It's working! Thank you everyone!!!

I think this thread is now a humor thread and thats fine with me :beerchug:
  16. Spormo

It's working! Thank you everyone!!!

Did anyone else think the title of this post has a double meaning? :naughty:
  17. Spormo

Can anyone identify these?

I gave them a slightly provocative "Good luck selling them with that shitty attitude :thumbsup:" I think it was appropriate
  18. Spormo

I got a "**** no" text response to 30 dollars. I think whoever is selling them isn't worth dealing with :crazy:
  19. Spormo

I'm going to throw a low ball offer for them and see if I can get them for 25-30 bucks. They'd be worth it for that even if they don't sound great. They could always be used as coffee tables or speaker stands :naughty:
  20. Spormo

:rflmao::naughty:
  21. Spormo

I don't follow. :dunno:?
  22. Spormo

Thanks for the input guys. Guess im going to pass on these. They looked kinda cheap to me but im far from an expert.
  23. Spormo

Someone is asking 50 bucks for the pair and know nothing at all about them. They look home made. Anyone identify the drivers? Should I pick them up for 50 bucks as a gamble? https://ibb.co/eKzYbv https://ibb.co/gDBPia Sorry i couldnt get the images to embed
  24. Spormo

I believe its just an RS-232 cable. I have one on order USB to RS-232, just no firmware :dunno:
Back
Top Bottom