Search results

1. SM58

Anybody own Vintage Celestions ??

Really!?! okaaayyyyyy....
  2. SM58

Thanks for that. A bit of history knowledge. Had no idea.
  3. SM58

The New England Sound?
  4. SM58

Best Headphones in $200.00 range

Beyerdynamic 1350 was on sale awhile ago... opinions there?
  5. SM58

I am glad you are here never the less. Thanks for the advice. It all makes sense to me and I appreciate each boost of knowledge you give me. Now my problem is getting the bloody woofer out! Is there a trick? I have undone all screws and it is not coming out. I do not feel comfortable prying at...
  6. SM58

Radio Garden

Thanks Resident. I have tried it and yea watching the garden populate was cool. Thanks. I have been zooming around clicking on the dots and checking out world radio. I am listening to out east radio and lol forgot and was listening to weather report about snow and freezing rain coming... Johnny...
  7. SM58

Celestion 332 - I need Help

Hello, I have recently bought a pair of Celestion 332 speakers from local thrift. Not much info out there other than stuff I found here. I have a woofer that does not work yet. Tried taking out woofer but seems to be stuck? I removed screws and tried a little prying but seems to be taking more...
  8. SM58

I was wondering about that with those tweeters as any images I see of other 332s they are black. Okay that explains it.
  9. SM58

Nice to know! I'm learning new stuff all the time. Thanks Montrecott!
  10. SM58

What's your best thrift store speaker score?

So far best thrift store finds are: Tannoy dc1000s $20 perfect shape Celestion 332s $10 beat up cabinets one sounds good other one woofer not performing but worth rehabilitating I have gone down rabbit hole of vintage...
  11. SM58

Found some 332 hoping they will work for me.

Found some 332 hoping they will work for me.
  12. SM58

Well I'm back with a pair of 332s. I found these at my local thrift. 10 each. I hooked them up to my STR 7065. One works beautifully, such a nice sound. I mean wow really nice. It's playing still. The other, upon closer listen has an issue(s) the woofer seems to be responding however weakly...
  13. SM58

Best Headphones in $200.00 range

Right now I have been simply using a set of ear buds I got with my phone. In laymen's terms, I have to turn it up a little more and fiddle with controls to hear better when I am using them with my Sony 7065. It's okay (and better than nothing) but I would still like better. I have enjoyed...
  14. SM58

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

6060FW Very cool with the hidden controls. 6120 has all those toggle switches! Going to do a little more research on these two now :thumbsup:
  15. SM58

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Thank you for that. The reason I ask is because the wood case I have comes with a long set of grill slits across the whole top. The metal case I have rather, has slits just where the most of the heat comes out, in rear left side. So then I went to check it out online but couldn't find anything...
  16. SM58

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I have a few. In the stable: an STR v25. Awesome volume knob! an STR 6050 which I love (knows and switches :beatnik:but the tuner glass is broken :whip: and if I could find a replacement I would be quite happy. Still original still going beautiful green lights... And finally a newly acquired...
  17. SM58

Sony STR 6050!

Thanks for that tip. Not easy to get a small piece cut either. I got this 6050 as part of a lot of vintage I won. I love the switches and dials and after an inspection and interior cleaning, powered her up and all good except for the glass. She will be good - I heard some real promise when I...
  18. SM58

Sony STR 6050!

And then go and get the lettering etc printed on it again! doh thanks
  19. SM58

Sony STR 6050!

sorry to resurrect an old thread with a related / unrelated question. I have a 6050 but with a broken tuner glass. Any ideas where to find a replacement ?
  20. SM58

I've paired my 44's to an HK 730 and this set-up is awesome for me, mind you I haven't really turned dial past one third. When I am listening, I feel like I am hanging with that blue caterpillar... I could listen to this set-up all day. BTW: I am far away Ontario actually though appreciate the...
  21. SM58

No doubt. From other threads I've read, it seems some members advise that the speakers should get bought first and then buy the gear to go with them. Your MA-6200 has enough juice as is to run those 442's yet for your tastes you prefer the Kenwood + 442's. This then seems like more evidence of...
  22. SM58

So now you I see you have the ability to do a comparison for us! :jump: I am curious about those 442's myself. I am very please with my 44's which have the non-veneered front do early type. I can listen all day. I bet a bunch of us are looking forward to a review if you don't mind ... Nice...
  23. SM58

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Yes! Thanks Cadillac Kid
  24. SM58

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

1 hour before closing ... This how addictions are fueled. A pair of these for $20 taxes in. Help with model anyone?
Back
Top Bottom